[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>there are people on /mu/ right now who avoid music because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
>there are people on /mu/ right now who avoid music because of politics
>>
Again with this shit. Avoiding is one thing, wanting to know if a band has a political agenda and is blatantly using their art to push said agenda is another.
>>
no I avoid Death in June because they're the most bland neofolk out there, to the point that even its many copycats do their stuff better than they do.
>>
>>61835312
and theyre mostly rightwing /pol/ retards
>>
>>61835372
Death In June doesn't push an agenda retard
>>61835384
True
>>
>>61835395

When in my post did I say they did, "retard"? I said that wanting to know if they are is okay, and people here seem to have a problem with that these last couple of days in all the neofolk threads.
>>
File: 1452197256099.jpg (86 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1452197256099.jpg
86 KB, 600x600
>>61835384
>>
I wondered how long it would have taken for /pol/tards to discover neofolk.
>>
>>61835409
Sorry, I didn't really read your post properly, my mistake. I do find it a bit baffling when people don't listen to music because it represents an ideology they disagree with though
>>
>>61835481

Oh, definitely. I wouldn't listen to black metal if I thought like that. There are bands that legit think they're worshiping Satan. Then there's bands like say, Ghost. Ghost use Satanic lyricism to add an aesthetic, an atmosphere to their songs. One could say it's the only gimmick they have going on that keep them relevant. Anyway, the point is, it's one thing to have a band that uses Nazi lyricism, and another to have a band going "HEIL HITLER, KILL THE JEWS, WHITES ARE THE MASTER RACE" over and over and over. Thankfully my position is clear enough, thank you for not being an asshole, and I'm sorry for my passive aggressiveness in the previous post.
>>
>>61835481
Not him but it's understandable sometimes
Like if your family were murdered by nazis you're probably not going to enjoy listening to Wagner
Doesn't even matter whether the music is intended to be connected to the ideology, just the reminder can be traumatic
>>
>>61835312
DI6 are leftists and use nazi imagery to make an artistic statement. It's like Reagan Youth. They don't like Reagan, you mongs.
>>
>>61835384
Neofolk is a trite genre and digging deeper won't actually get you anywhere.
No, the copycats are even more kitsch or melodramatic than DiJ.
>>
>>61835533
This is fair enough
>>61835546
I suppose this isn't so much for ideological reasons as traumatic reasons that you aren't listening to it then
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.