[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
After listening Death Grips the first time, are any of these
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4
File: 6a753920.jpg (257 KB, 658x439) Image search: [Google]
6a753920.jpg
257 KB, 658x439
After listening Death Grips the first time, are any of these side effects apply to you:

>you can't stand rock and pop anymore
>you became more elitist
>you became more critical about music
>the beatles became overrated and you started to ask a question why people glorify them despite being boring shit
>you started to dig /mu/
>you began to separate yourself from your pleb friends
>>
all except the first and last ones, kinda
>>
nope

i'm not that autistic
>>
the only side effect I got from listening to death grips is disdain for plebs who fell for the meme pretending they're worth listening to
>>
I can't tell if /mu/ feign interest in them in an ironic sorta way. Because I've listened to 'em, and I gotta tell ya, they blow dogs for quarters. They really suck.
>>
>>61833265
though we have a jokey memey relationship with the band, for most of us at least we do genuinely love the music
>They really suck.
i'm sorry you aren't able to appreciate it familia
>>
>does anyone become a hipster after listening to /mu/core

Majority of plebs on this board
>>
The only thing that happened was the third effect you mentioned and that was probably because I was going into a musical exploration phase freshman year of college.
>>
>>61833265
have you heard takyon?
>>
>>61833077
None of these are related to DG.
>>
I got a headache and it pissed me off
>>
>>61833077
I already did all that stuff and stopped doing it before listening to death grips. Maybe death grips for some people is the band which changes their perspective on what music can be, mine was aphex twin.
>>
2 and 5 happened to me but 2 faded after I realized that Death Grips is, for the most part, monotonous shit and clipping is basically better in every single facet.
>>
>>61833077
i believe this happened to me for a short while then after a bit of the hype dying down while waiting for niggas on the moon and jenny death it became sort of forced and i felt kinda silly listening to them so much i honestly was surpised i listened to them and waited around for them to release music since exmilitary
>>
>>61833077
No
Bottomless Pit AOTY 2016
>>
stop defining your identity from /mu/ you'll end up lonely
>>
>>61833077
If you seriously got a revelation by listening to Death Grips please consider ending your life.

And I actually kinda like some of their albums.
>>
>>61833077
it will wear off
>>
It's not good
>>
>>61833077
So, after listening to DG for the first time you become a living meme?
>>
>>61833077
You're very easily influenced are you? Fucking kid
>>
>>61833265
>anti-DG meme
when will the fun end?
>>
File: 1450610789836.gif (2 MB, 696x478) Image search: [Google]
1450610789836.gif
2 MB, 696x478
I started to become a fan of the beatles and regularly listen to and enjoy female singers a few months after getting into death grips.
>mfw /mu/ gets flak for being elitist yet my musical taste was broadened by it, making me an overall more open minded person
>>
>>61833077

No
Yes
Yes
No
Yes
No

It's similar to dark souls with gaming,

>you no longer look at things you once liked after experiencing it (RPGs like skyrim become unplayable)

>Any online talk is either people saying how overrated and shit it is, or people overrating the fuck out of it.

>You look like cancer when you discuss is.

>Actually pretty good.
>>
implying i don't love girly pop
>you became more elitist
no
no
>the beatles became overrated and you started to ask a question why people glorify them despite being boring shit
I'm a lifelong Beach Boys fan
>you started to dig /mu/
unfortunately
I showed my friends DG and they liked them
>>
>>61833077
>no
>no
>yes
>yes
>i came to /mu/ before listening to DG
>no i don't have friends
>>
>>61833077
yeah all these
>>
>>61834879
says the meme trip
>>
>>61833077
if you're a death grips fan and you sport any of these characteristics i honestly recommend ending your life
>>
>>61833077
>>you can't stand rock and pop anymore
no
>>you became more elitist
no
>>you became more critical about music
i'm critical about everything, not just music
>>the beatles became overrated and..
no
>>you started to dig /mu/
not really, same as it ever was
>>you began to separate yourself from your pleb friends
not really

honestly if what you said applied to you, i'd be inclined to take your post as b8

>>61834311
clipping is trash lol

makes me fall asleep
>>
>>61833077
>>you can't stand rock and pop anymore
>>you became more elitist
>>you became more critical about music
So you pretty much never listened to DG again, right?
>>
>>61833077
You're disgusting, kill yourself pretentious pleb fuck.
>>
>>61833077
dont be a faggot
just learn to recognize cool shit
and sunddenly you'll like the beatles again
and bowie's fame will give you a hard on
>>
>>61833077
I honestly believe that people only pretend to like Death Grips. Or that he has appeal to young white people, because its a black rapper who seems to be thoughtful, artistic, and "alternative" which makes him more accessible, approachable and relatable to whites.

If anyone can recommend me a song/s to make me "get" Death Grips, please do.
>>
>>61833223
This

>FANTANO GAVE THEIR ALBUM A 10 OMG I HAVE TO LIKE THIS NOW THERE IS SIMPLY NO OTHER OPTION I MUST
>>
Seriously,

Death Grips IS fucking normie music. When I was in college a few years ago all the chads and dickheads would occasionally sport DG t shirts and the like

because of the internet and boards like this (which fucking nearly everyone goes on) there is no such thing as non-normie music

even your grandma has probably listened to drone music at some point by now.
>>
File: 1440708073079.gif (2 MB, 333x194) Image search: [Google]
1440708073079.gif
2 MB, 333x194
>>61838951
check this one out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlJ_pjwBYxY

one of my faves

if you're even slightly feeling it, I recommend stopping and just listening to that album from the beginning to the end, to get the proper experience. Some of the tracks basically bleed through to one another.

>who seems to be thoughtful, artistic, and "alternative"..
yeah Ride is an art school nigga iirc
>>
Death Grips is pretty accessible to be honest family, that doesn't make them bad though.
>>
not quite, I just don't enjoy the same "safe" rock over and over
>you became more elitist
no
no, I still listen to bad but fun stuff
I think the beatles are a good band and I can understand their cult following despite not agreeing with it, but I don't need to spit criticism just for the sake of being a cunt
>you started to dig /mu/
I got amazing recommendations from /mu/ and I'll ever be grateful for that
I used to judge other people's taste in music when I was 17, once you grow up you start to see that the kind of noise each one enjoy listening doesn't concern you
>>
nice meme
http://desustorage.org/a/thread/133732968/
>>
>>61839224

Thanks I listened to some songs from the album

I see why they're good now but I still think what I said applies to some degree
>>
>>61833077
absolute opposite of all of those.
>>
File: average meme grips fan.png (27 KB, 481x436) Image search: [Google]
average meme grips fan.png
27 KB, 481x436
>>61833077
Here's another DG fan checklist.
>>
>>61833265
>they blow dogs for quarters
hello 1937
>>
>>61840164
holy fucking cringe. my friend has been to a few of their shows and he's seen people wearing meme shirts and shouting /mu/ memes and shit. astonishing.
>>
>>61833077
And then you grow up, discovering how much of a garbage-tier band they are compared to the many, many other experimental artists there are in this world, and you feel ashamed.

It's pretty much the same effect when you're 12 and exclusively listen to dadrock and think you have top-tier tastes and everyone else don't.
>>
>>61834288
This. There tends to be "that band" that ends up changing our musical tastes for the rest of our lives. For me it was neutral milk hotel.
>>
>>61840228
i can't remember what mine was. probably radiohead or robert ashley
>>
>>61840164
I saw you already posted that in an other thread and got BTFO
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.