[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did /mu/ think of this album? I gave up on Metallica long
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (387 KB, 1417x1417) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
387 KB, 1417x1417
What did /mu/ think of this album?
I gave up on Metallica long before St. Anger but I'm half way through pic related and I'm presently surprised so far.
>>
looks like a hairy vagina
>>
metallica is not a very good band imo
>>
it's not bad. the songs are kinda long, but whatever.

people give it shit for being "brick walled" and mastered horribly, but like think about it - you think metallica didn't want it to sound like that? and if they didn't, it wouldn't.
>>
>>61828691
It's a decent effort. I liked it it's catchy and the riffs are dope. I actually think it's on par with the black album musically.
>>
>>61828748
>people give it shit for being "brick walled" and mastered horribly, but like think about it - you think metallica didn't want it to sound like that? and if they didn't, it wouldn't.

who cares what they meant it to sound like though, that kind of mastering is awful and if they meant it to sound like that they made a bad choice
>>
Better than St. Anger for sure. But the riffs are all lesser versions of stuff from MOP and AJFA, and holy shit that production is awful thanks to based Rick Rubin.
>>
>>61828795
that's just like, your opinion man.
>>
Metallica became shit after Master of Puppets
>>
>>61828691
It hurt my ears
>>
>>61828832
ST ANGER IS GOOD BB
>>
>>61828691
Cool, you want to buy my vinyl copy that I shouldn't have purchased?
>>
>>61829018

while AJFA took a downward turn it was still a good album everything afterwards was bad-meh
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.