[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Realistically, how much of this was written by Bowie and how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: low.jpg (49 KB, 500x496) Image search: [Google]
low.jpg
49 KB, 500x496
Realistically, how much of this was written by Bowie and how much by Eno?

Not knocking Bowie's songwriting abilities, but this is just lightyears more advanced than anything else he ever made and I suspect Eno wrote 80-90% of it.
>>
DELETE THISSSSS
>>
>this is just light years more advanced than anything else he ever made

I don't think that's true, even if it is his best record.

I imagine all of side 1's songs were written by Bowie, but produced by Eno. Some sounds here and there were probably Eno's idea, and I imagine any synthesizer you hear is entirely Eno.

Side 2 was likely all written by Eno, but Bowie likely gave him a large sample of random vocals to work with to start. Then Bowie came in after he was done with the tracks and contributed more vocals.

So I'd say it was a 50-50 collaborative effort. Nothing wrong with that. Eno's best works have always been in conjunction with other artists, and the same can be said for Bowie.
>>
https://bowiesongs.wordpress.com/category/low-1977/
>>
>>61825739
Weeping Wall was entirely Bowie's writing and playing I believe
>>
>>61825774
>>61825762
Huh, I had no idea.

Fuck that wordpress article though, I like Weeping Wall.
>>
>>61825739
>I imagine all of side 1's songs were written by Bowie, but produced by Eno. Some sounds here and there were probably Eno's idea, and I imagine any synthesizer you hear is entirely Eno.
You imagine a lot because you are too stupid to know the album was produced by Tony Visconti. Fuckface.
>>
>Eno
You mean Visconti, right?
>>
>>61825666
While Eno's ocntributions were no doubt valuable, in the end he was a glorified session player for Bowie.

Eno doesn't even have producer credits on that album. About the only thing that Eno can truly credited as writing is Warszawa.
>>
>>61825845
>The album was co-produced by Bowie and Tony Visconti, with contributions from Brian Eno.
Fuck off
>>
Eno didnt do nearly as much as people think on those albums.
>>
>>61825666
It's way better than anything Eno did as well
>>
Fripp's contribution to "Heroes" >>> Eno's contribution to the entire Berlin trilogy
>>
Lodger sounds more like david bowie singing on an eno record than Low, OP
>>
>>61825874

It's true though. Eno doesn't get a producer credit on the trilogy. He produced Outside though.
>>
>>61825666
I had a similiar doubt today
Nevertheless he wrote all of the
>Breaking Glass with Dennis Davis, George Murray
>Warszawa with Eno
But I don't doubt tat the artists who played instrumentals also contributed in the process of ideas

Does anyone have a flowchart of Bowie?
>>
>>61825666

Eno's contribution is way overrated. One only needs to consider what Eno did without Bowie and what Bowie did without Eno. Station To Station and Scary Monsters are either side of this collaboration and they are two of the best albums of all time.
>>
>>61825666
It's like a Bowie-tinted HCTWJ. I think it was mostly Bowie but with guidance from Eno throughout.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.