[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who actually likes this shit? Can anyone give me a reason why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 3
File: download (2).jpg (5 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
5 KB, 225x225
Who actually likes this shit? Can anyone give me a reason why this is even slightly good?
>>
I like his flow
>>
these new blacks are a weird bunch
>>
People with bad taste. There are lots of them going around.
>>
It's just a meme, even more so than TPAB because its almost always defaulted to whenever someone is arguing that TPAB is shit
>>
Its a good rap album if u dont like rap of course ur not going to get it
>>
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 571x560) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 571x560
Stop memeing. Near the pinnacle of modern music, Thug's repertoire is so unfairly glazed over in the overly white sophisticate as to make me sick, but to make such beautiful, inspiring works into mere trap anthems (though that they are, in part) would be to reduce one of the most amazing careers in music ever to nothing more than that of a typical "Lean sippin' nigga", and that treatment may be a fate even worse than public ignorance.

The works on display on Barter 6 are titanic. "Constantly Hating" opens the set, and immediately, it is revealed that there is such a thing as a populist minimalist. But that is the name of the game for Thug - a shatterer of preconceived notions, and one of the very few in the avant-garde to make John fucking Cage seem conservative by comparison. I could go on for days about how "With That" though the worst of the set, far outstrips the careers of most modern composers entirely; how "Check" is a more "classical" approach for Thug, and it succeeds endlessly; how his highly political "OD" could easily be called the greatest triptych ever conceived in music; and how "Just Might Be" separates the most impactful bars of music I've yet heard.

But I won't.
>>
IM A LIL KID WHEN IT COME TO THAT PUSSY I HOP UP LIKE THE ICY TOWER
>>
>>61825052
wow, thugger thugger's fans are more tasteful than i thought. I might just give barter 6 a listen now
>>
>>61824933
[spoiler]its not tho[/spoiler]
>>
>>61825111
the superior thread
>>
thugger is a funny guy regardless of how shit his music is.
>>
>>61824933
Pitchfork gave it like Best new music or something, therefore idiots who drone pitchfork like it. Liking him is the ultimate example of a pitchfork drone, since bands like Arcade Fire, Animal Collective and Deerhunter all have great albums which actually have musical merit.
>>
>>61825159
If you don't normally listen to Thugger, start with tracks such as Check and Can't Tell. If you want to get into Thugger as a whole, tracks such as Old English (w/ Freddie Gibbs & A$AP Ferg), Best Friend, and I Know There's Gonna Be Good Times (produced by Jamie xx, featuring Popacaan) are good demonstrations of his ability to adapt to any beat.
>>
http://www.thebookofthug.com/
>>
>>61824933
i prefer mykki blanko desu
>>
if you had friends, went out to clubs, spent money, and fucked bitches you'd get it
>>
>>61825466
true dat sir, Thugga gets the club poppin1
>>
>>61825466
this
>>
>>61825466
most people who listen to young thug don't do that
>>
>>61824933

He has an extremely unique rapping/singing voice/style. Seriously, name another musician who sounds like him. The closest thing I can think of is Future but all Future really does is mumbles whereas Young Thug actually does really interesting melodic things with his voice.
>>
>>61825604
shut up, thugger fans get more pussy than most fedoras on this board
>>
File: 1449192109417.jpg (58 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1449192109417.jpg
58 KB, 500x500
>>61824933
His words connect with me
I can only speak for myself tho
Most people that don't like him that I know have never given him a real listen, they decided he was too gay or caught up in what he wears

But how can you say you don't like what you haven't given a honest chance?
Same as the white kids who claim eminem is the best rapper yet only gave em a chance and never listened to other rap.

Also support real artist
LONGSTORYSHORT
ON DAT PIFF
RONNIE SCHOLARSHIP

https://m.datpiff.com/tape/759661
>>
>>61825125
Isis tower
He meant ifel
>>
Have you ever bumped "numbers" in the rain

You might understand then
>>
Thug's lyrical style stands out in a number of ways; the most obvious is his ear for figurative language. Thug’s similes often build upon familiar imagery, but move in unexpected directions. On “Check,” he opens rapping about a “Mink coat with the rolls like a Shar Pei”; later on, he raps, “All my niggas, they hard, call them beetles.” These aren’t punchlines intended to get rap fans doubling over laughing (although they can be funny in their unpredictability). Thug seems more interested in an original and idiosyncratic approach to imagery, in discovering pathways in language that haven’t already been heavily traveled.

In this, his lyrical approach is closer to a rapper like Raekwon than it is Lil Wayne, with whom Thug is frequently compared through some fault of his own. But any close reading of his lyrics suggest comparisons between The Barter 6 and Wayne’s Carter series, for which it is named, are a total misdirection. Where Wayne shredded his vocals against hip-hop’s formal constraints, Thug is a synthesist, a rapper of control, an artist in the process of reassembly.
>>
>>61825466
*tips snapback*
>>
Young Thug's experimentation with melody and pitch over eerie, sparse, often psychedelic beats, pulls you through an underwater dimension - almost like playing Mario on promethazine.

Thug's lyrics are spontaneous, playful and creative; he can make a legit analogy out of the most outlandish things.

He goes out of his way to be different, experiments out of joy for his craft.
Also most people fail to understand that everything about thugger's music is meant to be listened to in an altered state of mind

He uses his voice like an instrument and focuses on short non-sequiters as opposed to an overarching story for this reason
>>
>>61825703
wayne

also hopsin that one time
>>
>>61825792
Why bash Thuggery fans?

Name a better artist than Young Thug.

And Im not just talking about 1017 Brick Squad Thug. Im talking about 1017 Brick Squad, Little Haiti Style Thug holding 2 Cups Stuffed, with Danny Glover bitch saving capabilities who just got a check, money and power, surrounded by 800 capsules of molly, rolling with an RO-5 caterpillar while getting his bitch with a big ship to transport him into his Paradise Noble Phantasm while keeping one in the chamber like Wilt, not to mention covering his clothes, bros, and hoes in Givenchy, popping a Xanny (which makes him faster than Sonic man), and eating a bowl of Spaghetti with all sacred Bando gates previously opened by Gucci Mane in his possession, who just summoned Metro Boomin who hasnt gotten some more, London on the track, the Bool Bids from Bleveland Ave and the entire 808 Mafia to assist him.

You can't.
>>
I finally got it after listening to it with some good headphones. The production is really good and Thuggahs unique, melodic voice and flow just combines so well with the production. All in all, I definitely bumps in the whip.
>>
>>61825125
>>61826567
no he meant icy tower
http://www.icytoweronline.hzik.com/
>>
I tried really hard to like this album, I just couldn't. Can't even put a finger on why, I think I just don't like trap
>>
>>61829052
why did you try really hard to like it?
>>
>>61829087
Being told by several friends how good it is made me want to like it
>>
Pretty sure people are memeing this it doesn't even have Young Thug's best songs.
>>
>>61829240
pretty good reason
>>
Well I can't really speak to other rappers because I don't listen to hip-hop very much but for the most part he interacts with his flow in a way that I rarely hear in most rap. He has a way of sub-dividing and playing around and within rhythm rather than just talking over beats or using similar rhythmic phrasing over and over again like a lot of rappers. I don't like all of his tracks but when he is good he is fucking good. BTW I don't care about lyrics except in how they reflect the music, so I don't care if he talks about nutting on bitches as long as he says it in an interesting way.
>>
>>61829378
*his flow interacts with music
>>
Halftime is one of his top 3 songs of all time you shit eating mongoloid. Shill off and circle jerk it with other faggots in the dgg thread
>>
>>61825244
i loathe Pitchfork and love Thug

now what
>>
>>61824933
One of the greatest artist of our time. No one brings energy on a track like Thug. He isn't scared to take risks and be different and he is a BABE!!!
>>
young thug and future the 2 greatest current rappers desu senpai
>>
>>61829052
Young Thug isn't Trap
>>
>>61828457
just played that shit for like an hour. fuckkkk
>>
>>61831770
Are you retarded
>>
>>61824933
just listen to it on your own already lmfao

the production is incredible, very clean, very pop

young thug is dirty, filthy, haitian slang nasty,
he's desperate, he's angry, he's blissful, he's loose, and he's free

to condense many ideas into one concise simple thought is a form of intelligence

if you dont like rap you don't know how to feel the rhythm or feel the beat then you're a synthetic mind with no soul
>>
DAS MY BEST FRIEND
DAS MY BEST FRIEND
GO BEST FRIEND
>>
>>61832241

This is trap
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a16NUb3WC-4

Young Thug is post trap
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ENpRYyoQ1M
>>
>>61824958
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

OH MY GOD

FUCK YEAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>61832425
>post trap
>nu-trap
>neo-trap

All the same shit. Don't bring your autism into more subgenres
>>
>>61825604
Speak for yourself nerd

Stop projecting
>>
>>61824933
SKUURSSKURSKURRR AHAHAYEEEEAAAAHHHHH
>>
>>61832403
listen to slime season 2 you will not regret it
>>
>>61826893
>on promethazine

you sip lean for the codeine. Some say that prometh adds a unique effect and it isn't the same without, but you don't sip lean to get high on promethazine, it's ancillary. If you wrote this, you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>61832373
This post is pure cringe
>>
>>61825244
>le 'rock bands have more talent than (c)rappers' meme
>>
>>61825466
>going to clubs that play hip-hop
>ever
>>
All the Thugger hate just goes to show how far /mu/ is from losing their virginity
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.