[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone actually enjoy Eno's solo work or do they just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: folder.jpg (200 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
200 KB, 1000x1000
Does anyone actually enjoy Eno's solo work or do they just pretend to for the hipster cred?

This is one of the worst albums I've ever heard.
>>
>>61821607
(you)
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nItuhuY1U04

this is one of the best rock songs I've ever heard desu
>>
nah he's a complete hack, one of those brits who desperately wants to but can't into classical like johnny greenwood. it's a bloody embarrassment, i'm referring to his "oblique strategies"
>>
His ambient music is decent but fairly unoriginal.
His pop music is fairly original but unenjoyable.
>>
another green world is actually bretty gud

the rest of the pre-ambient albums i wouldn't really miss if i never heard them again
>>
Here Come The Warm Jets is incredible. The title track on that album is one of the best album closers of all time.
>>
Brian Eno is in the top 5 most important musicians to come out of Britain and you can't prove me wrong.

Also both his rock and ambient work is amazing
>>
>Eno-bashing
I refuse to post in this contrarian thread.
>>
>>61821888
ahhh the ol' "trip 'n' dip"
>>
>>61821775
>his ambient music is ... unoriginal
He started ambient bro, it does not get any more original.
>>
>>61821607

>by this river

That's a great song bruh. Give the album another go.
>>
>>61822317
lol
>>
>>61822317
this
>>
>>61822363
lol
>>
I feel for you OP, must be tough having shit taste. Before and After Science is a wonderful collection of songs, no idea how you couldn't see it.
>>
Taking Tiger Mountain is just about as good as Here Come the Warm Jets t b h

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHTgHussKDM
>>
>>61822382
lol
>>
well, i mean

it's pretty straightforward rock music. what's there worth pretending to enjoy, especially in that album? are you retarded op?
>>
>>61822427
yeah and they are so much better than anything Roxy Music did (with or without Brians).
>>
Before and After Science isn't that great, it's got only a few good tracks. now Here Come the Warm Jets and Another Green World are some of the best rock music we've been graced with. his ambient work did wonders for the genre and at this point it's more or less as influential as the krautrockers before him.
>>
>>61821607
die faggot
>>
>>61821607
>This is one of the worst albums I've ever heard.
i think its one of the best albums i've ever heard :^)
>>
>>61821607
But you posted a good album, anon.

His art pop stuff is pretty good. His ambient stuff is a bit lackluster.
>>
how the fuck could you think this is bad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrZYP8SzlN8
>>
>>61822427
Literally just listened to that. Pretty good song t b h f a m
>>
Spider and I and ...Julie With are great songs.
>>
>>61822317
>replying to obvious bait
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.