[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is anybody here patrician enough for these guys? Come in and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: mzi.nidwjbfe.1200x1200-75.jpg (319 KB, 1200x1158) Image search: [Google]
mzi.nidwjbfe.1200x1200-75.jpg
319 KB, 1200x1158
Is anybody here patrician enough for these guys? Come in and discuss them. Tea and overall britishness for everyone. If you never heard about them, give these guys a spin. I can't imagine a more profoundly happy music. It's as if Steely Dan actually cared about life and stuff. Anyway, everyone is welcome.
>>
>>61821201
>these
Divine Comedy is Neil Hannon and some anonymous sessions men.

>Steely Dan
wtf

>tea
>>>/tea/
>>
I only listened to A Short Album About Loveand I found it delightful. What should I listen to next?

Anyway I don't /mu/ will ever like his work.
>>
>>61821201
FECK OFF
>>
I'm more than a bit confused by your post but I love Neil and Promenade plus A Short Album About Love are two of my favorite albums.

I do wish Neil would stop doing operas and Duckworth Lewis Method stuff and just release another Divine Comedy album though.
>>
>>61822012
Never listened to Duckworth Lewis. And I know it's just Neal, calling him a band is just stuck in my head. Another album would be cool, maybe he's just taking his time to create good material.
>>
Saw him on the Bang Goes The Knighthood tour : really funny entertainer.
He toured with his gf singer (she did some forgettable folk-twee pop songs at the beginning of the show, then some backing vocals. It was cute).
>>
>>61821995
Promenade first and foremost. Then I'd say Absent Friends and Victory for the Comic Muse if you want more lush orchestral pop, Casanova and Liberation if you want more Britpoppy type of stuff. Then everything else he has done.
>>
>>61822052
I'm more confused by the Steely Dan comparison than anything. I never really compared the two, but whatever.
Duckworth Lewis isn't that bad, just goofy music about cricket. I like Neil writing about literature and love so that kind of stuff flies over my head.
>>
>>61821995
Basically:
Fanfare for the muse - SHIT.
Liberation, Promenade, Casanova - his magnum opus in three parts, accessible, but rewarding.
Fin de siecle - darker and harder, pretty good, Thrillseeker is insane.
Regenration - Radiohead impression, still original and warm, best line is him screaming "WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING?", so, yeah.
Absent Friends - a more mature album about loss, gets pretty sad at times, cool strings.
Victory for muse - Absent Friends part 2. This time with fun and happiness.
Bang goes the knighthood - the weakest after the debut, more shallow pop, still okay.
And, yeah, /mu/ will never like him, that's a fact.
>>
>>61822009
CRILLEY!!
>>
>>61822216
this desu
and his EP "A Short Album About Love" (Casanova era) is pretty good too
>>
>>61821201
He's a very unique songwriter with unique sense of humour, sort of like Jarvis Cocker
>>
>>61822268
Sorry, forgot to include it since it was in the post I was answering to.
>>
>>61822153
I dunno why I compare them. They are both lush really cool pop. And Fagen always sings about total bastards who seem cool and charming, while Neal sings about cool nice people, who seem like total faggots. They're some sort of counterparts for me.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.