[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Music-related Claims to Fame
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 5
File: allen.gif (745 KB, 165x115) Image search: [Google]
allen.gif
745 KB, 165x115
Know any musicians IRL? Own any rare records?
Shit like that familia, tell us /mu/
>>
i'm david bowie. in chile rn AMA
>>
>>61819241
Mozart
>>
I'm friends with Gordon Raphael.
>>
One of the guys from the Orwells dated a friend of mine. He was a massive cunt.
>>
i know lots of musicians, both celebrities and nobodies.

some of them come here from time to time, both celebrities and nobodies.

i don't think any of them really buy into /mu/ shit though, they just like browsing for recs and seeing some unadulterated opinions.
>>
>>61819370
>no names
don't care
>>
>>61819241
My cousin is the drummer from the Black Keys.
>>
>>61819241
My dad was friends with The Thompson Twins.
>>
>>61819398
ur cousins a faggot desu
>>
i'm the drummer for the black keys, my cousin posts here a lot
>>
I'm a black guy who owns a drum key
>>
I'm the drum kit from the black keys

Ama
>>
I'm a black key
>>
a soul without a key
>>
My cousin is B L A C K I E
>>
File: dunit.jpg (16 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
dunit.jpg
16 KB, 225x225
>>61819241
I know the drummer for destruction unit, he went to high school with me and I had band class with him.

He was the biggest faggot I have probably ever fucking met. Such a fucking douche, also a manlet
>>
>>61819473
How did you land such a comfy gig?
>>
File: Cover.jpg (29 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
29 KB, 400x400
some day i woke up in the "Studio" of this guys

Don't do drugs!!!
>>
>>61819347

Everyone that posts in threads like these always mention knowing some Burger shits. I've never heard a single positive thing about them as people.
>>
I've rec'd albums and rung up purchases for Robert Pollard at the record store i work at

I got myself and my mom snuck into a Swans show by Thor, got to go inside the Swans tour bus

Got to see Kim Deal perform a secret solo set at an open mic, had her sign my CD copy of Last Splash

Am on a first name basis with Kelley Deal (Kim's twin + lead guitar of the Breeders)
>>
>>61819398
>>61819431
>>61819473
>>61819476
>>61819545
lol
>>
Tracy Chapman, Sheryl Crow and Ziggy Marley's band have all come in to my place of employment

Rarest records I own are some Caddywhompus test pressings, Exmilitary and The Shaggs - Philosophy of the World. Rarest ones that anyone gives a shit about, anyway
>>
>>61819617

Tell us, anon, how the Deal's mother is doing with her sickness.
>>
My dad was friends with Nash the slash
>>
I know a lot of musicians since I used to be part of a radio station in NYC.
Used to work with one of the guitarist from Titus Andronicus for example.
I also have met the members of Neutral Milk Hotel at various circumstances. I made a video game about them that got some internet buzz for a quick second once too.
>>
>>61819617
your life sounds cooler than 99% of /mu/tants desu
>>
>>61819641
Last i heard, She's doing as well as one can with Alzheimer's. Kelley's used her new two piece, R. Ring, to bond and spend time with her mom by spending some days with her and having her some paint CDs

Heartbreaking mang
>>
Andy Morin is the brother of my best friend Robby, I've only seen him a few times.
>>
>>61819656
I lead a very happy and very interesting life without a doubt. Really this stuff happens because i put myself out there in spite of my anxiety and whatnot. Tweeted directly to Thor about getting into the show, made myself talk to the record store owners so i developed a rapport which made it ez to get a job, etc
>>
I knew the guy from (cringe warning) Blood on The Dance Floor.
He was a cool dude, we would play Mario Kart and shit on his tour bus when he came to town.

Haven't talked to him in years.
>>
>>61819682
noice, andy is best grip
is he a nice guy?
>>
Former promoter here:
>Have seen Ariel Pink stop performing midshow and start crying backstage
>Skinny dipped with Best Coast when they were a two piece + drum machine around 2009, Beth has gorgeous breasts and thighs
>ice skated with Tearist but unfortunately haven't seen Yasmine nude besides nip slips at their shows
>saw Nathan from Wavves shoot up at a Pocahaunted show, before he was back with Beth
>fucked the Devo drummer's daughter Laena from The Like
>played spin the bottle with Tim Presley, kissed him and his wife
>regularly went to parties at the homes of Don Bolles, Kim Fowley and John C Reilly
>found out Cali DeWitt killed Kurt Cobain
>>
>>61819876
>you will never any of these things
>>
the bassist for Trivium went to
my high school and was in my sisters class. but I don't like their music.
>>
>>61819876
>Skinny dipped with Best Coast when they were a two piece + drum machine around 2009, Beth has gorgeous breasts and thighs
how did you not get a raging boner, r u gey?
>>
>>61819950
That's a good thing anon
>>
>>61819953

Yes but i was way too crossfaded at the time to do anything tbqh, this was before I smoked weed regularly. I just stared and looked away over and over. I definitely miss 23yo Bethany though she is as gorgeous as ever these days
>>
the father of a friend of mine is Morrissey's cousin
>>
>>61819241
No.
>>
>>61819725
The faggot or the pedo?
I bet it's the faggot, the pedo looks like a massive cunt
>>
>>61819424
this
>>
I know a guy who's in the world is a beautiful pepe and I'm no longer afraid to meme
>>
>>61819876
promotors are the creepiest fucking people
>>
>>61820962
Definitely. As if name dropping some musician that you were at a party with validates your existence
>>
>>61819241
Guitarist of Deep Purple lives in my village. That's cool I guess.
>>
Uncle was friends with the lead singer of billy talent in high school

Me personally, i don't know anyone worth considerable mention
>>
the drummer from pennywise married my aunt
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk92PyW6ZwY

I have met the meat puppets. My uncle makes music videos for them. Here is one of them.
>>
I've met Charli XCX a few times at parties. You can always see her nips through her shirt.
>>
File: crucify3.jpg (98 KB, 778x1096) Image search: [Google]
crucify3.jpg
98 KB, 778x1096
>>61820962
>>61821099

I'm that poster and agree. However, that's the essence of this thread. Maybe your favorite subreddit would be less triggering.
>>
Smoked weed with The Front Bottoms, they're pretty cool guys
>>
>>61821531
I'm the guy who said promotors are creepy but >>61821099 misunderstood

promotors are creepy as fuck because of how they try to fill holes in their personality by booking bands and then trying really hard to be friends with these strangers who are literally only talking to you because you are paying them

and if there is a girl in the band god fucking help her
>>
>>61821468
what kind of parties are you at/how can i get to one
>>
>>61821557
ha, so did I, Brian and I are like same person, it really weirded us out.
>>
>>61821932
It basically an after party for a festival that I've lucked into going every year because of some friends
>>
>>61821802

Ahh, I'm still with you man. I wasn't just booking shows but playing in bands as well. Promoters trying to talk to me at shows I booked was always weird unless it turned out they were in bands too. Then again, bands trying to talk to me to get good gigs was just as weird at times.

Notice I said "former promoter." Being involved in that made me sick of concerts and stop being involved for over two years.
>>
I have a signed copy of DSOTM, a signed copy of Aeroplane, and I've got Demon Days on vinyl.
>>
>>61822198
ah okay. I feel ya on the creepy musicians too

the live music industry is basically the grossest thing that has ever happened right?
>>
>>61821983
when?
>>
File: Chuck Berry.jpg (41 KB, 510x273) Image search: [Google]
Chuck Berry.jpg
41 KB, 510x273
>>61819241
he pissed on my mom
>>
>>61820184
answer this pleeease
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.