[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the worst song on this album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: Blackstar.jpg (50 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Blackstar.jpg
50 KB, 800x800
What's the worst song on this album?
>>
>>61818939

Sue, probably. Not that it's bad
>>
sue

the 2014 version was better
>>
>>61818939
sue

not awful though
>>
File: 1448506699100.gif (2 MB, 749x303) Image search: [Google]
1448506699100.gif
2 MB, 749x303
>>61818939
i kinda avoid lazarus, but its a great album from front to back
>>
probably sue? it's not bad. it's a good callback to a significant slice of bowies discography, but it's not as memorable as the others.

i can't give everything away is a little more wispy than most of his tracks but it's a really perfect ending song to an album about fading into nothingness.
>>
>>61819003
Why do you avoid the best track?
>>
Everyone's saying Sue, and I can see why people would say that. But my vote goes towards Tis A Pity
>>
I don't really like I Can't Give Everything Away
>>
from best2wurst
Girl Loves Me
Lazarus
Dollar Days
I Can't Give Everything Away
Blackstar
Tis A Pity She Was A Whore
Sue
>>
Definitive ranking from best to worst:
Lazarus
Blackstar
Girl Loves Me
Dollar Days
Sue
Tis A Pity She Was A Whore
>>
>>61818939
Sue, though its not a bad song
>>
>>61819360
Would put Sue one step higher but otherwise this
>>
Sue.
>>
>>61818939
Sue, but really no song on that album is bad, or even mediocre. Based Bowie not dealing with filler tracks.
>>
I adore Sue. I love the instrumentation, pretty unique sounding stuff, more unconventional than some of the other tracks.
>>
Lazarus

'Tis A Pity She Was A Whore is the best track.
>>
Girl Loves Me is fucking garbage
>>
Sue is fuckin great,Girl Loves Me is my least fav.
>>
>>61821409
Agreed, it's not bad at all, but its the least strong
>>
from favorite to the least favorite

Dollar Days
Sue
Blackstar
Girl Loves Me
Lazarus

(big gap)

'Tis a Pity She Was a Whore
>>
>>61818939
Blackstar or Lazarus
>>
>>61822024
>not liking I Can't Give Everything Away
I can get Tis a Pity (but it's still alright), but that's a really pleb thing to say anon
>>
>>61822129
I ment ...
'Tis a Pity She Was a Whore or Lazaru
>>
>>61818939
Tis a pitty or blackstar
>>
>>61821409
I absolutely love "Girls Loves Me" myself.

It's such a unique track.The way that guitar is oscillating throughout the track, like a driving beat, backed by the fantastic drumming and those strings. The hooks are both really catchy as well "GIIIRL LOVES MEEE", "WHERE THE FUCK DID MONDAY GO?"

His modern hip hop influences definitely come through on this track. It's executed so well, could have so easily been a cringey as fuck track but it's so fucking fly.

That synth at the end is absolute fucking killer as well. Lyrically it doesn't really hold up against something like Blackstar, Lazarus or Dollar Days but this is still my most played track on the album because of how addictive it is.
>>
>>61822129
>>61822159
Second one still bad because you suggested lazarus is anything other than the best song on the album. Tis a pity is probably the worst though. really out of place. Still not bad though. It's a great album all around.
>>
Musically, I Can't Give Everything Away is a bit on the cheesy side for my liking, so I guess that's my least favourite. Still good though, and works well on the album.
>>
>best
Blackstar

>2nd best
Girl Loves Me

>worst

>2nd worst
Sue
>>
>>61822449
>hooks are both really catchy
>hip hop influences
>cringey as fuck
>so fucking fly
FUCK OFF
>>
>>61822669
Well, it is written out there about the album that Bowie was inspired by a couple of modern hip hop acts. I'll give you "Catchy" I don't know what flew into my brain there. They're really memorable though.

fuck is wrong with saying fly, faggot? get off my shit.
>>
>>61818939
Sue.

Not because it's bad though, everything else is just GOAT.

>>61819003
That's the best track you pleb.

>>61822650
Your worst is the second best track.
>>
I'd say Sue, I love the instrumentals, but the vocals sound like they were recorded in one take and it was the first time Bowie had heard the song
>>
Has any other artist ever done anything that compares to bowie?
In the sense that: become the icon of a generation, lose mainstream relevance, before you die make a fabulous concept album about your own death that's both critically acclaimed and comercially successful, regain mainstream relevance, get loads of new fans from a new generation, achieve legendary status

Still mindblown about this whole thing
He went out with the biggest bang possible
>>
>>61819193
based opinion

but i still think sue isn't really as bad as people are saying. It's a great callback to coopers world by squarepusher, and it fits perfectly next to lazarus
>>61822449
good opinion, cringey way of saying it tho
>>
>>61823450
>Lose mainstream relevance,

Maybe since 2005... Bowie had a habit of popping back in just as people forgot about him.

Also, Mozart pretty much did the samething.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.