[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think of Daniel Johnston?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: Daniel_Johnston-Hi_How_Are_You.jpg (26 KB, 220x340) Image search: [Google]
Daniel_Johnston-Hi_How_Are_You.jpg
26 KB, 220x340
What does /mu/ think of Daniel Johnston?
>>
>>61818297
literally who
>>
>>61818297
someone likes kurt cobain that bit too much
>>
>>61818297
Daniel Johnston is fucking awesome but his recordings are really hard to listen to, I prefer listening to him play them live years later honestly. The performance of grievances in the nardwuar interview is actually lifechanging.
>>
His music sounds like shit, people only like him cuz he's a retard doing people things.
>>
>>61818808
Too much edge.
>>
Fun is a well produced album. First Daniel Johnston i listened to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9o5HZTV4vU
>>
>>61819236
>well produced album
Doesn't that kind of defeat the point?
>>
>>61819256
no, it just means you can hear his songs as he probably wanted them to be heard.
i like the lo-fi stuff as well but he only recorded like that because he had no money or whatever.

listen to Fun.
>>
he's great, but like Tom Waits you don't just love it the first time you hear it, it takes some acquired taste.
>>
By retards for retards
>>
>>61819985
First of all, who doesn't like Tom Waits from the first listen? And Johnston music is exactly the most infectious pop music ever, which is why you like it right away, if anything, it takes acquired taste to like it as much subsequent times after the cuteness has worn off
>>
>>61818297
Hard to get into. But damn, his music gives you feels. The lyrics are essential.
>>
>>61818808
people like him because no one had the audacity to call him out on his bullshit music before kurt cobain was paid to wear his shirt
>>
>>61818297
amazing songwriter, gives the best feels. his lyrics can cut right through you like a knife without instruments or even a melody. see poor you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL4qRVGNMlk
>>
>>61818297
I can relate to him. But I don't like his music because it is too harsh for my tastes. I like the Hi, How Are You album art.
>>
1990 is a great album. Everything else by him is pretty shit.
>>
>>61820039
XD ;)
>>
He's great.
>>
>>61820339
>because it is too harsh for my tastes.
Really? Johnston's music is the softest, sweetest music I can think of.
>>
He's great, watch the documentary The Devil and Daniel Johnston though. It really puts some perspective upon his music.
>>
>>61818297
Kinda odd, but I'll listen again to give it a try.
>>
File: 1437690872150.gif (278 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1437690872150.gif
278 KB, 300x300
>>61818808
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.