[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
guys I want to start a band so bad but I don't know how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
guys I want to start a band so bad but I don't know how to play any instrument because I lived my whole life in a shithole in the country with no music schools or whatever. I have a bass at home and I want to learn it. can you suggest me good online stuff for learning the basics of the bass ?
>pic not related
>>
>>61813927
actually do it even if you sound terrible
>>
>>61813975
No I have to be atleast a little bit good, my friend plays guitar and she's really good so I want to able to do something not ridiculous.
>>
>>61813927
>thinking you need to LEARN to play bass
mfw

>>61813975
Seriously this
>pic related as well as tfw
>>
>>61814073
awful example.
btw I'd like to do something like the beat happening.
>>
You should buy a lesson book
>>
>>61814122
are they any good? can you suggest me one?
>>
>>61814087
>wants to be like Beat Happening
>afraid to DIY
Have you learned nothing, grasshopper?

Anyhow you described guitargirl as a friend, if you're right there, she'll take time and jam with you, thats what friends do. Fuck how the book says to do it, y'all can figure what works between you.

Sweeten the pot by buying pizza or beer or weed every time she jams with you if you have to.
>>
>>61813927
Practice is the key to success
>>
>>61814211
fact is I'm really bad in music like I have a disability for it or idk
I sung in a band in high school but when it comes to pluck strings or keep a rhythm I go full autism.
>>
>>61814211
This
Practice is the best way to go about learning an instrument, and the best way to practice is to do it with a friend. You're really fortunate that you have a friend who can play; use that to your advantage. You might even get qt gf out of it.
>>
>>61813927
don't practice. find attractive weirdos, start band, take heroin,
>>
>>61814005
That's your inner critic speaking, and 9/10 times your inner critic is a whiny bitch. If you don't have anything wrong with your hands, and can at least pluck the string over and over again you can do it.

>got frostbitten last year
>cannot feel fingertips at all
>how?????
>life is pain
>>
>>61815269
well me and guitargirl are both pretty weird aestethically but I don't wanna be like Salem lel
>>
>>61815527
u cool or not kid?
>>
>>61816294
not cool but I'm funny I guess
>>
File: 1401545084505.jpg (5 KB, 192x141) Image search: [Google]
1401545084505.jpg
5 KB, 192x141
>>61815269
>take heroin

if anything lowdose psychedelics will help ur creativity
>>
>>61813927
Start learning easy songs by bands you enjoy and progress to songs that are a bit harder then what you can currently do. It all depends on your motivation and how many hours a day you practice. After about a year I was in a band and had developed a bit of my own style my jamming with them.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.