[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are they a meme?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (136 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136 KB, 1136x640
Why are they a meme?
>>
because
>>
>>61813238
gais we are quitting no more dg
nvm gais we are back come buy tickets for the tour
also btw new album coming soon dont know when and shit but here's a cryptic video about it. figure out the rest
buy more t-shirts andy broke another phone jammer
>>
because their music is mediocre by most standards.

the rapping is on par with most of what is considered radio friendly, but he yells, so it is le edge

the music is shitty distorted beats with sprinkles of chiptune-esque accents.

they probably could have done much better music than they have, but pandered to their audience instead of creating something worth while.

original? yea, its original, but that doesn't necessarily make it good.
>>
lots of their "fans" listen to them cause they're "extreme" and use that "extremity" to be funny.. I'm not a huge fan, but I think they have their own sound which is decent and no one should hold that against them..
>>
>>61813318
-________________________-
>>
>>61813367
Thats just my opinion dude. I'm not part of the target demographic so I certainly don't
>get it
So thats from an outsiders perspective on the group after listening to all their releases at least twice.
>>
>>61813425
>Thats just my opinion dude
Music is objective
And you're wrong about everything
>>
>>61813457
cool
>>
File: 1452342827731.jpg (17 KB, 614x307) Image search: [Google]
1452342827731.jpg
17 KB, 614x307
>>61813238
A "meme"? You mean as in, a 'trend'?

they're fairly self-assured and just do what they feel like so it's probably their authenticity that does most of the work. Whether or not you feel their sound is another thing, but if you do then you're lucky to have such an interesting group around to connect with, in terms of art
>>
>>61813238

everything is reddit now
everything is a meme now
this is meme
that is meme

so I don't get the point of this threads

are Death Grips a meme? so? everything is a meme for autist like you, so who cares anyway

man, /mu/ and /tv/ such shitty boards now
>>
>>61813627
>man, /mu/ and /tv/ such shitty boards now
Wowwww, never heard this meme before......
>>
Here's the thing about Mc Ride.
>>
>>61814391
The man has some serious pipes. He has a six octave range and excels in any octave. He writes brilliant songs. And his stage presence is only matched by Adolf Hitler.
>>
>>61813425
yeah dude I'm not like everyone else i offer an opinion from the outside man I'm cool. You're proof that anyone with half a brain and a keyboard can type out their baseless opinion.
>>
>>61814458
Okay then you get into the argument of "why even discuss anything ever"

Although I agree the whole "outsider" shit is fucking dumb
>>
>>61813238
Because....
>>
>>61813457
>>61813367
>>61814458

kek holy shit what fucking fags
DG fans everyone
can't accept differing opinions
>>
they made the mistake of releasing the stems to their songs meaning their were thousands of shitty soundcloud mashups. they're one of the musicians on here that I can hear be called a meme and just be like yeah
>>
>>61814956

see
>>61813457
>>
>>61813627
>now
Lmao fucking pleb. Now he says HAHA
>>
>>61814989
Guess you didn't like this?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Oq5BS8E5D0
>>
>>61813457
Goddamn doesn't surprise me that such garbage-tier music attracts so many autists
>>
>>61815126
to be fair they aren't all bad
https://soundcloud.com/dicksoak/i-dont-have-a-title-for-this-one-but-know-that-i-hate-me-more-than-you-ever-will-be-able-to
>>
>>61815234
HOLY SHIT
>>
>>61815234
Who ever made this is my hero
>>
Because where they got popular is 4chan, the meme factory. Death Grips interacted with their fans and make music unlike most others. They just have a thing going for them. I mean, DeathGrips probably tripled its fan base by doing nothing, that says something. I'm not saying theyre good, but if you can't see why they took of like they did I don't know what to tell you.
>>
>>61815403
>I'm not saying theyre good
Why not?
>>
>>61815513
Because I wasn't saying they were good. It wasn't important to what I was talking about.
>>
>>61815544
Alright yeah absolutely I understand

nice digits
>>
Bump for DEAF GRAPES
>>
They're a great experimental hip-hop group that /mu/ liked so much they became a meme.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.