[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Between the Buried and Me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (114 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
114 KB, 1440x1080
I'm curious to know what /mu/ thinks of this band.
>>
>>61813114

No idea but the cover keeps reminding me of AutoCad.
>>
I like Colors a lot, I'd consider it the pinnacle of "that" kind of prog metal. Great Misdirect struck me as an exhausting wankfest but Alaska was nice. The new stuff all feels like fluff to me, and that's saying something for prog.
>>
I didn't like their early stuff at all, colors forward is pretty good.

Coma Ecliptic was in my top five for 2015.
>>
>>61813114
Alaska > Colours > Evertthing esle they've done
>>
I have a signed self-title with all of the current members back from their Radio Rebellion tour. I think the last show I went to was when Great Misdirect has dropped.

Pretty soulless material nowadays.
>>
alaska is really good everything else (including colours imo) is meh
>>
>>61813193
the only wankfest track on that album is Fossil Genera
>>
Colors > Parallax EP > Parallax 2 > Great misdirect = alaska > pre alaska > coma ecliptic.

God this band fell off the wagon, I just hope they get back on before it leaves.
>>
>>61814861
pretty much this but i would flip the parallax releases
Coma Ecliptic had way too much DT and Thomas Giles stylistic influence.
>>
>>61814947
I quite liked the second Thomas Giles release though
>>
>>61814598
>Alaska
That was one of the first songs my first band ever covered. I miss those days.
>>
>>61814971
I like Thomas Giles, but I don't like that he brought that side of his work into BTBAM to such an extreme.
>>
Great Misdirect > Colors > Parallax EP = Parallax 2 = Alaska > Coma Ecliptic >>>> pre Alaska.

Coma Ecliptic was pretty disappointing, but still enjoyable. I hope they return to the Colors formula and style for their next album though.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.