[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
will this be 2016 WAOTY?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
will this be 2016 WAOTY?
>>
>>61809928
No
>>
>>61810034
im curious as to what you think could be worse than this, its awful.
>>
>>61809928
No.
The artist seems to keep singing always is the same way using the same formula and the same voice just to say some different words.
>>
>>61810885
you realize what WAOTY means right
>>
>>61811181
something album of the year
>>
>>61811358
worst album of the year
>>
>>61811403
Kek now that i think about it.
twenty one pilots and panic at the disco are some of the worst bands out there that only got successful by taking advantage of those emo wannabe teens
>>
File: image.jpg (7 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
7 KB, 1280x720
If you think that perpetual mediocrity and stagnation is what makes a WAOTY, then you're limiting yourself right out of the gate. WAOTY should be an album that ACTIVELY makes the musical world a worse place, rather than just bloating the midsection. WAOTY should experiment with new or forgotten musical concepts, and the result should be terrible enough that no value can be derived from it. You should have a tough time seeing how ANYBODY could enjoy the album, rather than just "people with good taste who avoid pop music."

WAOTY should be able to be filed under outsider music, in that the only way to enjoy the music is to remove yourself from the constructs of normal music criticism. Even the most avant-garde albums that explore the fringes of sound don't quite qualify, because they at least can be listened to with their experimental factor in mind. WAOTY should transcend such concepts, and use interesting ideas in disastrous ways
>>
>>61811914
yeah, theyre pretty bad. only thing worse than the music itself is the retarded obsessive fans who think not liking their scene kid tier garbage means the music is just "too deep" for you
>>
>>61811979
I get your point but if you think about it.
these bands limit to copy paste formulas and put the minds of teens full of shit by making them think they are more important than others and that, despite living well they have problems that "no one understands".
These bands are just here to fill the teens minds with shit and grab as much money as they can before they become irrelevant.
Althought they dont deserve a WAOTY they are genuinely a sack full of shit
>>
>>61812133
Yeah you're right, but I still want to be viscerally appalled by WAOTY, not just dismissive of albums re-establishing known pop tropes. Greed in pop music, regardless of the angle or target audience, has existed as long as mass media. Aiming it at edgy teens has been the name of the game since the rise of counter-culture as the norm rather than the exception.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.