[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guilty pleasures thread. Okay, we're all anonymous here.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 14
File: swag.jpg (32 KB, 340x328) Image search: [Google]
swag.jpg
32 KB, 340x328
Guilty pleasures thread.

Okay, we're all anonymous here. It's time to let our guards down for a minute and stop acting like we only listen to top tier audibles.

What music does /mu/ like and actively listen to that they wouldn't dare tell another soul?

Usually I'm a hip-hop/black metal guy but sometimes I like to dumb it way the fuck down and listen to Chief Keef, Riff Raff and Lil B.
I also like to revisit my former pop-punk glory and listen to New Found Glory and Taking Back Sunday.

Now your turn.
>>
Honestly the closest thing I have to a guilty pleasure is Deerhunter

Guys I think I'm in too deep
>>
File: ELP_-_Brain_Salad_Surgery.jpg (140 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
ELP_-_Brain_Salad_Surgery.jpg
140 KB, 500x500
Absolute worst of prog-rock wankery.

But they're still kind of fun.
>>
>>61807580
Metallica and Green Day I guess...
But you faggots probably think that's a guilty pleasure when they're actually great bands
>>
Tha Carter 3
>>
>>61807683
came very close to buying that vinyl just because of the album art
>>
Disregarding the shitty aesthetic
Disregarding all their other songs
Disregarding the stupid video

It's still pretty good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojYK6CW8gdw
>>
The only thing in my library I'm at all embarrassed of is Owl City.
>>
File: 220px-Nier_OST_Cover.jpg (19 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
220px-Nier_OST_Cover.jpg
19 KB, 220x220
>>61807580
>>
File: Minutes to Midnight.jpg (227 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Minutes to Midnight.jpg
227 KB, 1000x1000
My parents weren't huge music fans so this ended up being the first album I ever listened to in full.
>>
>>61807688
This is true! I sometimes get embarrassed of the bands I like even though I don't completely understand why I feel that way.
>>
>>61807717
Probably the most misleading album art I've seen in a while.

I was expecting some hard rock/heavy-prog proto metal but instead I got circus music.
>>
File: BUG4dKeCMAAAOHF.png (255 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
BUG4dKeCMAAAOHF.png
255 KB, 500x500
>>61807694
>implying that isn't a GOAT album

>Pic related for me
>>
>>61807868
This is also true.
>>
>>61807580
As a straight male, scissor sisters discography. It's good upbeat music but you'd be crucified for admitting to liking it in public.
>>
I listen to a many different genres of music, primarily focusing on Country and Glitch Hop.

My guilty pleasure is actually Nickelback something about there guitar riffs and growly vocals does something to me.
>>
>>61807756
I feel you bro, I like all kinds of indie bands too but you're also allowed to like whatever the fuck you like. Life's amazing like that
>>
I love Nickelback, all the wrong reasons was their last good album, I can't let anyone know because I've developed a reputation amongst my friends that I'm extremely patrician. They don't like what I listen to but if they knew I still liked Nickelback they'd entirely dismiss my tastes.
>>
>>61807653
You are, take it down a few notches
>>
>>61807731
That OST is actually fucking great, why it should be a guilty pleasure?
>>
>>61807580
I honestly think this is one of the best albums of the 90's.

I mean, if you took individual tracks and put them on indie albums as "the ballad," they'd be highly-praised.
>>
shut up and dance is my jam
>>
>>61808698
if you don't enjoy shut up and dance, you're lying to yourself

the rest of their music can fuck right off though
>>
I like a lot of shitty new wave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kK_eQImKnPA

mostly because it's what my parents were always playing
>>
>>61808737
Oh, man. Reminds me of this classic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svVaEWQaoSo
>>
Rings of Saturn and Brain Drill are nothing but br00tal wank

their still really fun to me, specially if they're being used as the soundtrack to Doom

I've been listening to a lot of vapormeme too although i don't really like it, there are a few albums i really like, so there's that
>>
File: 20.jpg (203 KB, 1170x1205) Image search: [Google]
20.jpg
203 KB, 1170x1205
Idk, I just like 20/20 a lot for some reason.
>>
Honestly, I love (old) crunkcore:

brokeNCYDE
>I'm Not A Fan But The Kids Like It!

Dot Dot Curve
>Your Ears Will Bleeping Bleed (10/10 GOAT crunkcore album)
>>
Imogen Heap - Speak for yourself
Snow Patrol - A Hundred Million suns
>>
>>61808966
>imogen heap
>guilty pleasure

pleb
>>
Swift. 193cm black man living in Texas, she's a very big guilty pleasure.

I dare not tell any of my friends that I secretly sing her songs while showering.
>>
I'm trying to get better, but I listen almost exclusively to hardcore punk and extreme metal
(and trve emo)
>>
>>61807694
Best mainstream hip-hop album of all time made by a man who was undoubtedly one of the best rappers alive at the time of its release.

Hardly a guilty pleasure. The "le Lil Gayne sux" maymay is only made by little kids who listen to Hopsin and don't know shit about hip-hop.
>>
>>61807718
agreed.. pretty song
>>
File: Integrity_cover.jpg (77 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Integrity_cover.jpg
77 KB, 500x500
This album. This JME guy in general.

His lyrics are fucking weird at times. He's a grown man rapping about Pokemon and Call of Duty and Street Fighter. He has a gaming channel on YouTube. Then he's rapping about punching people in the face. He's all over the place lyrically and it somehow works. He's also funny as fuck.

I normally don't like rap with British accent but this would be nowhere near as good without his accent.

The whole grime beat thing is also really good. The production is standout.

Weird ass guy, but shit he makes great music.
>>
>>61808479
>>61808175
We've got some winners in contention.

>>61809598
I don't agree with this. Even when he was doing shit with Hot Boyz he still sucked. He was and never will be the GOAT. This is the reason why he's made an appearance on the guilty pleasures thread.
>>
>>61810898
Someone's never heard his mixtapes.
>>
>>61811029
I have, they suck. Sorry man, don't get bent out of shape, it's just my opinion :)
>>
Are you all this insecure? Really?
>>
"GUILTY PLEASURES, GUILTY PLEASURES, GET YOUR GUILTY PLEASURES HERE. ONLY THE FINEST GUILTY PLEASURES SOLD HERE AT ANON'S GUILTY PLEASURES STAND!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aofoBrFNdg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZKq2ptu7qw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_l09H-3zzgA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu_z0xK6qYY
>>
>>61811108
Insecurity manifests itself in over-confidence. Which makes me wonder about your post...
>>
>>61811124
I'm insecure as hell. Very insecure, but at least I can admit it. I listen to a lot of music that all you pretentious fucks shit on all the time. Doesn't mean I give a fuck though.

I just don't understand the need to keep up some kind of level of superiority on an anonymous board of all places.
>>
>>61811142
I think you're missing the point of this thread. This is a chance for people to 'come clean'.
You don't realize that you're passing judgments of your own, it's kinda reductive to the end goal.
If you've got nothing to contribute, kindly fuck off.
>>
I find most of the Jonas Brothers's earlier songs really catchy

dont kill me
>>
>>61811142
>>61811169
You're both insecure faggots which is why you're arguing about music on a West-Bolivian Michael Caine impersonators club forum
>>
>>61811169
I've got nothing to contribute because I'm happy to admit everything I listen to. Whether it be pop punk, metalcore or simple pop music.
>>61811192
And you're an unfunny unoriginal faggot for trying the whole "hur dur indian curry making website" schitck. You're not witty in the slightest cunt.
>>
>>61811192
Yeah nah
>>
>>61807731
>>61808675
these don't count as guilty pleasures.

NiER is a classic and the soundtrack is unquestionably incredible. Sade is a goddess who never made an album under a 7/10
>>
>>61811206
>>61811214
>tries to lighten the mood while you two argue meaninglessly about one of you wanting to share guilty pleasures, and the other having shit taste and just realising it now.

End your lives.
>>
>>61808966
Fallen Empires is a GOAT album
>>
>>61811256
I'm going to blame your shit attempt at humor on Priestley's Paradox. Take it a leave.
>>
>>61811256
Kill yourself cunt. Fucking off yourself.
>>
I don't have any guilty pleasures but I do listen to alot of music that the /mu/ hivemind would hate.
I like some songs by Korn and I absolutely love System of a Down.
>>
>>61811311
System Of A Down are god tier. One of my all time favourite bands. A few Korn albums are good. Some are considered classics. I don't really listen to them much though.
>>
>>61811311
Man, Toxicity was great. I'm in the guilty pleasure boat with them.
>>
Vaporwave in general, I started listening to it very recently. It might evolve to something more than a guilty pleasure down the line though.
>>
>>61811333
>>61811311
System Of A Down are pretty highly acclaimed by critics. Why would you ever feel guilty about listening to them? They've made some fantastic albums. I can't find an album I dislike in fact.
>>
File: god love me cause i sure dont.jpg (44 KB, 562x498) Image search: [Google]
god love me cause i sure dont.jpg
44 KB, 562x498
>>
>>61811292
worst attempts at faux-intellectualism I have ever seen on this board
>>61811303
fuck off and listen to green day or whatever edgelords like you even do, seriously it's blindingly clear you're an angsty pre-teen
>>
>>61811352
>implying there is *anything* wrong with liking OutKast.
>>61811360
Green Day have a few great albums up their sleeves. I might just do that friend. Nice projection though.
>>
lil troy - wanna be a baller i dont know why i love this song so much but it just gets me
>>
>>61811360
What, because I bought up Priestley's Paradox? That's what you'd define as intellectualism? God damn kek.
>>
>>61811443
Well you tried to apply it to a place where it clearly does not apply, so there was really no need for you to mention it, but you did - to look like you had something clever to say.

Alas, you didn't. Faux. Intellectual. Faggot.

>>61811374
>green day
>great
>>
>>61811179
I have to appreciate your honesty anon...
Respect
>>
File: i hate you.gif (236 KB, 384x288) Image search: [Google]
i hate you.gif
236 KB, 384x288
Mindless Self Indulgence.
I know they're retarded, vapid, and have no meaning at all.
That's why I like them.
>>
File: folie a deux.jpg (8 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
folie a deux.jpg
8 KB, 225x225
>>
>>61811497
>le green day are bad because le popular may may xD
>>
>>61811543
no, they're just vapid pop punk shit with "wake up sheeple" or "dude slacker lmao" tier lyrics
>>
>>61807580
there is no such thing as guillty pleasure if you like it its good.

One exception are those guys that have no problem about black skin color but listen to music where people complain about people wih black colors.
This and other variants of this idea (like someone that has no fetish about listening to dark ambient with real sounds of rape)... are the only things to be guilty about
>>
>>61811497
Um, lol, don't know if you know what it means, but I used it in context...
"Alas" haha, who the fuck says that lmao.
You come across as the sort of person who has a hard time fitting in.
>>
>>61811577
>you used it in context
You didn't.
>>
>>61811561
>haha look at me i'm TOO MATURE for a popular band :DD MY SONGS HAVE TO BE ALL EXPERIMENTAL AND OBSCURE AND THE LYRICS ALL HAVE TO HAVE DOUBLE AND TRIPLE ENTENDRES EVERYWHERE xDDD
>>
>>61811585
But I did?
I didn't get your shitty attempt at humor because your tried to convey it on a text-based platform. I have no doubt I would have picked up on said shitty humor had I heard it with my own ears.
>>
File: 2m0f0bwe8h.jpg (17 KB, 240x312) Image search: [Google]
2m0f0bwe8h.jpg
17 KB, 240x312
>>61811592
>my taste really is shit and this anon has me pinned as a mindless angst-filled douche
>>
>>61811624
It's literally a meme.

I was just trying to distract you from ruining the thread (which in the end we all collectively did).

I understand what you're saying but you're really forcing it.
>>
>>61811592
Don't mind that guy, it's quite obvious that he has Asperger's. Honestly, don't bother. It's like talking to a brick wall with them.
>>
>>61811654
You ruined it. If that was your intention you wouldn't have kept shit-posting aspie.
>>
>>61811630
>my superiority complex is so big I can't even get past my own ego.
>>61811672
I'm just fucking around anyway. I'm not even a huge Green Day fan. I enjoy a few of their albums, and I do think they had some good material. I personally really loved American Idiot, that's just me though.
>>
>>61811694
I liked that album too. It was the cut-off point for me though. I can't pull myself to listen to anything after that.
>>
>>61807580
i find over the top racist music like hilarious
example
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3WTbt27ymg
>>
>>61811716
That's kind of what I was getting at. 21st Cenutry Breakdown was meh, and uno, dos and tres were awful.
>>
Fallout Boy.
Infinity on High and From Under the Cork Tree
>>
>>61811672
>don't mind that nasty man, let's call him names while he disputes our arguments with facts - fucking aspie
>>61811688
We all had a part to play in the ruining of this thread.
>>61811694
>My taste is bad and when someone points it out I suddenly become a psychology expert.

You two are prime examples of what neo-/mu/ looks like. Plz leave.
>>
>>61811729
after rereading this i should probably point out that i am a man of color
>>
>>61811760
Fucking kill yourself. At least we don't put ourselves on some stupid rating system from "pleb" to "patrician" like half of the fucking board does. Jesus Christ, no one fucking cares how good your taste in music is. You're a consumer, don't make it an accessory to your personality you pathetic fuck.
>>
>>61811776
>the "kill yourself" card
>again
Also, the fact that you think listening to music is entirely separable from being an access to one's personality leads me to wonder why you're even here.
>>
>>61811816
>again
>continues to waffle on about nothing
>>
im a hiphop head and my guilty pleasure is;

* GTB SHIELD GANG *

BLADEE
ECCO2K
THAIBOY DIGITAL
>>
>>61811821
>I'm wrong and quite clearly wrong so I'm going to mindlessly dispute anything he says.

It's been fun, thanks for the (You)s.
>>
>>61811776
Don't reply. I've stopped. He's just talking just for the sake of it. He actually doesn't know what the fuck he's going on about or the point he's trying to make. That's just the way people with autism are, you can't fight it.

Looking forward to that nonsensical green-text psych evaluation.
>>
>>61811842
Same m8. Thanks for making me cringe.
>>
>>61811855
I think he left. I loathe shit posting, but some people get me going on the rare occasion.
>>
>>61811855
>>61811871
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ORcUH3VIa0
>>
>>61807580
I listen to a lot of Jpop. Like way too much. I know the music is really bad, but it's so fucking kawaii man.
>>
>>61811992
it really is though!
>>
>>61811935
kek
>>
File: Las Chicas Del Can.jpg (24 KB, 292x300) Image search: [Google]
Las Chicas Del Can.jpg
24 KB, 292x300
I absolutely adore this band, and I don't know why. Something I'll never say irl, btw haha
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXZ68ZT5ov0
>>
>>61811534
YES
TTtYG is fuckin GOAT too.

I have listened to the two first PatD albums way more times than I'm proud of. I even hated them just as much as anyone else when they came out.
>>
the new One Direction single is pretty catchy
Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.