[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this any good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 280x280) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 280x280
Is this any good?
>>
There are a couple good tracks
>>
>>61806778
10/10 not memeing
>>
>>61806778
it's fucking fantastic. easily her best. been listening to it a lot lately
>>
>>61807429
>>61807448
I'd say somewhere in between these two. There are more than a couple good tracks, but 10/10 is a bit of stretch to me. I really like Hot Knife and Werewolf.

Werewolf is one of the best break-up songs I've heard. If anyone has anything better I could really use it right now, so feel free to rec.

>>61807575
yes
>>
File: image.jpg (161 KB, 953x953) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
161 KB, 953x953
>>61808066
Have you ever listened to Blue?
>>
personally I prefer tidal but yes
>>
Yes it's great, and her best work. Key tracks: Daredevil, Left Alone, Werewolf.

Only lull I'd say is Jonathan.
>>
Starbucks checkout line hipster/10
>>
>>61809156
Jonathan is the best track
>>
Wonderful album but not the best place to start.

>>61810374
anything we want desu
>>
>>61806778
I personally though it was a 3.5/10, I absolutely hated it. That said, I sincerley despise cheap quirky pop music that's quite literally just a moody chick with a piano/guitar (Regina Spektor, Adele, Colbie Caillat, etc)
>>61808666
this was a good progenitor of the genre IMO, solid 6.5/10. Definitely the album I like most out of this genre
>>
>>61809156
>Only lull I'd say is Jonathan.
I felt that way at first too. It won me over eventually.
>>
>>61810997
>I sincerley despise cheap quirky pop music that's quite literally just a moody chick with a piano/guitar
is it that it's cheap or that it follows this formula? are there artists that follow this formula (or something similar) that you do enjoy?
>>
>>61810997
Cheap and quirky? Judging by the shape she's in I find that hard to see. The lyrics can sometimes feel a bit too personal as well. The other artists you mentioned are more quirky, though.
>>
it's her worst album. Pure mediocrity.

The faggots that say otherwise are plebs who are just contrarians. Her first two albums are easily her best.
>>
File: fionaalanisapplemorisette.jpg (74 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
fionaalanisapplemorisette.jpg
74 KB, 600x800
>>61810997
>throwing Fiona Apple in with these hacks
>>
>>61814716
nope, you can really hear her pain and struggle in Idler Wheel
>>
>>61806778
Just fucking listen to it you dweeb
>>
>>61810997
>giving any album a pretentious score like 3.5/10
kill yourself, please, I'm begging you
>>
>>61814716
Damn, you can't really counter these solid arguments.
>>
>>61814916
The pain of being a haggard, washed-up bitch? Yes, it's extremely painful.
>>
THe problem with Fiona Apple is that she talks about one thing in all of her music. I love her, but I can see why people would tire of her whining about relationships.
>>
>>61814716
>calls her most acclaimed album shit and people who like it contrarians

that's hilarious
>>
The production on this is so amazing and the lyrics are like Liz Phair but a bit less clunky, I love everything about it but it's made me a Fiona Apple fan so I don't know long I have to fucking wait for a new album.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ9jsFwEtDM
>>
she makes music for starbucks hopping white girls
>>
>>61815083
>it's acclaimed and popular therefore good
>>
>>61806778
It really is a beautiful album. I find it painful to listen to now.

It's one of those where your favorite playthroughs will be in the double digits, though I don't consider this a fault against it. Her music might feel busy at times but there is merit in every inclusion . Kinda like peeling the layers off an onion to get to the ripe teary core of things.
>>
I liked it a lot. What album should I try next? Maybe the one with the song 'Why try to change me now?' I love that song.
>>
>>61817806
Her debut is the worst lyrically, but still p good otherwise. Everything else is good.
>>
I didn't like her voice. sounds weird, am i a pleb
>>
>>61817876
Yes
>>
>>61817834
K anon. Will give it a listen.
>>
>>61817943
damn
>>
It's an album for sad people who like pretty things, of course it gets nothing but praise around here. Utterly skippable.
>>
>>61814909
>Regina Spektor
>hack

She's not as good as she used to be, but she's no hack.
>>
>>61807575
>easily her best
>>61809156
>and her best work

That's not When the Pawn Hits the Conflicts He Thinks Like a King What He Knows Throws the Blows When He Goes to the Fight and He'll Win the Whole Thing 'fore He Enters the Ring There's No Body to Batter When Your Mind Is Your Might so When You Go Solo, You Hold Your Own Hand and Remember That Depth Is the Greatest of Heights and If You Know Where You Stand, Then You Know Where to Land and If You Fall It Won't Matter, Cuz You'll Know That You're Right
>>
>>61818292
She's just a pretty face with huge cow tits and nothing more.
>>
>>61810997
i agree with you generally about moody w/ guitar piano, but the album is still at least an 8.
>>
>>61817690
onions dont have cores
>>
its the best & most influential singer/songwriter album this decade so far, at least aside from hoom.
>>
>>61818892
I have wet dreams of Fiona doing a double album
>>
>But I ran out of white doves' feathers
>To soak up the hot piss that comes from your mouth
>Every time you address me

this fucking song man
>>
OFFICIAL FIONA APPLE RANKINGS COMING THROUGH:

When the Pawn>The Idler Wheel>Extraordinary Machine>Tidal

With that being said, Tidal is still an 8.5/10
>>
>>61819017
Absolutely Correct.
>>
>>61818699
Have you heard anything by her pre-Soviet Kitsch?
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.