[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Explain why this is good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: homepage_large.jpg (13 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
homepage_large.jpg
13 KB, 200x200
Explain why this is good
>>
>>61803064
it sounds nice
>>
>>61803064
it isn't
>>
Fun, eclectic while still remaining mildly experimental. Solid album.
>>
>>61803064
It's engineered to create that effect in the listener.
>>
catchy, colorful and energetic.
>>
It's pop music that isnt popular so it's cool to pretend like its cool to listen to bubblegum but when/if it gets popular it'll drop it, like everyone did with Fun.
>>
>>61803614
Wat ?
>>
>>61803614
it doesnt really have mainstream appeal tho
>>
>>61803870
Did we listen to the same album?
>>
>>61803614
>i didn't listen to it
>>
>>61803064
Clever lyrics with unique vocals and instrumentation
Strong sense of melody
>>
>>61803064
cuz it's Everything Everything nigga
could you pull that name off?
>>
>AND NO REPTILES,
>JUST SOFTBOILED EGGS IN SHIRTS AND TIES
>WAITING FOR THE FLASHING GREEN MAN
>QUIVERING AND WARBLING JUST LIKE ALL THE EGGS YOU KNOW

What did they mean by this
>>
One of the worst live bands I've ever seen. They make Wild Beasts seem exciting
>>
>>61804041
Reptiles as in lizard people. He's saying there's no grand conspiring power that causes all the bad in the world, rather it's just the byproduct of the inherent selfishness of man.

The "soft boiled egg" is just an everyday 1st world citizen looking out for their own interest, keeping in line with the status quo, waiting for the "flashing green man" so they can cross the road to work at a business that by nature creates profit through the exploitation of people.
>>
>>61803614
>Everyone did with Fun

Fun started out fairly popular though. This album has gotten zero radio play.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.