[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Explain why you like this without giving a meme answer.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: 2273937.jpg (60 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
2273937.jpg
60 KB, 500x500
Explain why you like this without giving a meme answer.
>>
I like it cuz u mad
>>
i don't like it
>>
>>61800535
it has some of the best melodies this side of britpop, and I love me some catchy melodies
>>
It's OK, [computer]
>>
i like it because its the best radiohead album and i like radiohead because of this album
>>
>>61800535
OOOOOOONNNNNEEEE DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY
>>
oh look, another tryhard newtrip to filter
>>
I like it because of the range and originality of the guitar work. You can point to this album to describe another significant advance of the electric guitar's influence in music history. It happened plenty of times before but here in 1997 we again see the guitar as a tool in the reshaping of music history. Most of the sounds on the album are made by guitars, which is pretty incredible.

The album itself is also predicative of the the course and general feeling of 20th century life. It just feels so familiar to those of us who grew up in this century, without being able to really put your finger on it.

Is that a meme answer?
>>
>>61800570
this
>>
>>61800573
>britpop
what?

>>61800535
The guitar work is some of the best of the 90s, focused on texture over virtuosity.
>>
>>61800535
i don't, it's boring as fuck
>>
I think that the songs are well written and produced
I like the instrumentation and Thoms voice and lyrics
>>
>>61802042

>he doesn't know its britpop

??
>>
>>61802414
How is it brit pop? It's nothing like brit pop.

Is this what kids born in 1997 think brit pop is?
>>
>>61802414
It's post-britpop
>>
>>61802428

hey how did you know i was born in 1997

its britpop btw
>>
>>61802445
I know this is bait, but I feel I need to reply just in case it isn't

Examples of brit-pop:
Oasis, Blur, Suede, Pulp
Examples of post brit-pop:
Coldplay, Radiohead, literally anything after 1995 released in Britain.
>>
"I listened to it a lot during a certain time in my life and it helped me / provided a soundtrack for this period" you stupid fucking idiot
>>
>>61801967
The guitar work isn't THAT original. Greenwood just sounds like David Gilmour circa Dark Side.
>>
>>61800535
It sounds nice.
>>
>>61800535
It's got nice production
>>
>>61800535
it's of a time
>>
>>61803317
He sounds nothing like Gilmour. Where did this meme come from?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.