[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you guys feel about this album, memes aside? If you haven't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 600x600
How do you guys feel about this album, memes aside?

If you haven't heard this yet because you've dismissed it as shit based off of his past work, or a single, or just the genre in general, please give it a chance man. I'm scared at how much I fuckin love it, been listening nonstop since September. Not saying it's a masterpiece, just that Trav found a beautiful sweet spot between accessibility, pop-appeal and catchiness and artistry and it makes for a hell of a pop trap album. The production is just so tasteful and layered and rich, it's hard to not enjoy this thing. Trust me, I went into this with the same attitude as most of you guys here that I was going to hate this because it would be vapid pop rap biting off of other successful artists mostly in the south right now, and in a way I kind of wanted to hate it, but it's great.
>>
Same
>>
it was very fun. i dont mind music that is supposed to deliver instant pleasure (pop music), and while this was kinda mostly that, it also had some really neat stuff in it that made me relisten a few times. the production is great too
>>
>>61797327
Yeah. Pray 4 Love, 90210, Apple Pie and Alright are genuinely beautiful songs
>>
At first I was mad at myself for enjoying, but this is really good, OP. Travis took his music to another notcher. Not a great rapper but a good artist overall. He chooses his beats very well.
>>
some of it was shit, but it was an ok record
>>
>>61797072
Literally top 10 of 2015 t b h f a m
>>
I really really enjoyed it and still do
>>
>>61797072
Takes the enjoyable things of trap-rap, and mixes them with amazing producers and great song writing. Some songs are shit, but some (90210 and Maria i'm drunk in particular) are insanely beautiful and amazing.

I still think Travis is a below par rapper, but he found a style to really make it a style that fits in perfectly with the music.
>>
3500 had to be my favorite
>>
production only good thing about it. travis is a shit rapper some of the worst lyrics I've heard
ripped off kid cudi also with that shitty T.I. reading from a thesaurus parts
>>
>>61797072

8/10, in my top 3 for 2015
>>
is 90210 a 808s and heartbreak b side?
>>
>>61797750
this song is way too long, killed the vibe for me.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.