[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some easy chords on the guitar?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: the deakmeister.jpg (81 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
the deakmeister.jpg
81 KB, 480x640
I have short fingers and I only know D, C, E, Em, A, G, and Am chords and it gets annoying just playing the same seven chords in different combinations.

What are some other easy chords??
>>
File: OP.jpg (11 KB, 284x197) Image search: [Google]
OP.jpg
11 KB, 284x197
Look, I found a pic of OP's fingers.
>>
> not knowing F
> not practicing barre chords
> not learning jazz chords

O k
>>
>>61794119
I just started guitar pretty recently. What are barre and jazz chords?
>>
File: plz no.png (71 KB, 251x251) Image search: [Google]
plz no.png
71 KB, 251x251
>>61794073
>>
Fo real tho, only way to learn barre chords is to practice them. They'll sound shit for like a year, but after that there's no chord you can't play. Worth the effort. If you're looking for a simple version of any major just play the power chord.
>>
Also Tony Iommi (Black Sabbath guitarist) had no finger tips on his middle and ring fingers on his fretting hand. Quit bitching about stubby fingers when plenty people missing parts teach themselves
>>
>>61794170

Can't tell if bait, but ok.

A barre chord is where you make a "bar" over the guitar neck, basically holding all the strings down on the same fret with your first finger, then using the other three and sometimes thumb to play other frets. A jazz chord? Mostly it's just chords that fit in a "jazzy" scale, so like mostly normals with a few diminished
>>
I have short fingers and small hands in general. I could barely even fret a C chord when I first picked up a guitar. Learn barre chords ASAP, because if try to learn them later you'll feel like you're back to square one and it will be very frustrating. Same with scales.
>>
>>61794170
Barre chords are what made me quit guitar.
>>
>>61794465
thanks
>>
>>61794644
>>61794299
>>61794119
op here
what are some good barre chords and jazz chords to start with?
>>
Is this bait ?
There are literaly thousands of guitare theachers online.
Go fuck yourself
>>
>>61794883
F, F#m, B, Bm
those are the ones that tend to sneak into open chord songs. once you get the basics down though, you can play any major or minor chord just by moving to a different fret. it's very handy.
also some other easy open chords are 7 chords. try G7, D7, A7, E7
>>
>>61794915
>theachers

>>61794990
thanks
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.