[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
just found out about this. p4k's credibility dismissed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: pitchforkareyouserious.png (157 KB, 739x261) Image search: [Google]
pitchforkareyouserious.png
157 KB, 739x261
just found out about this.

p4k's credibility dismissed - not because i believe it's too low of a number but because the way it's backed up is such awful no-fun-allowed pretentiousness.

>It's practically brainwashing, isn't it? Daft Punk seem to be operating under the premise that if you hear something enough times, you'll start to believe it. But after more than 15 listens to Discovery's first single and opening track, "One More Time," vocodered vocalist Romanthony doesn't have me "feeling the need," much less not waiting, celebrating, and dancing so free.

bet half of you on /mu/ are like this
>>
who cares, there's much better music out there worth concerning yourself with. move on.
>>
>>61793580

did you find out about them ranking Discovery as the third best album of the 2000s too?
>>
>>61793614
they're so inconsistent
>>
>>61793599
this.
>>
>>61793580
Fuck off you absolute pleb. Daft Punk is reddit-tier garbage.

>>61793614
Now this is a good reason to hate Pitchfork.
>>
>>61793580
why do you go on pitchfork
are you new to music or something?
>>
>>61793580
don't bother with Pitchfork, they're inconsistent fucks who write really pretentious reviews
>>
Romanthony was great, I wish more people talked about him outside the usual DP stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt-FyuuvNRg
>>
is p4k irredeemable?

strawpoll.me/6557471
strawpoll.me/6557471
strawpoll.me/6557471
>>
sorry but if one more time isn't your jam regardless of amounts of listens you should seriously kill yourself
>>61793709
romanworld is a classic
>>
File: vulpix.gif (18 KB, 275x300) Image search: [Google]
vulpix.gif
18 KB, 275x300
The worst part about P4k and Discovery was the shameless and terrible hipster-bandwagon jumping from Ryan Schreiber. First he rips on it because he and everyone else is too cool to dance, months later it near tops the end of year chart and Schreiber is just a big ol' piece of shit about it, like
>To all the people who dont like to dance , we hope you die bored! ahahaha!
or some bullshit like that

he seems to be everything that I, and all of us, hate about music fandom and the hipster zeitgeist. Not only must he always identify with some 'crowd' or 'scene', the ties that hold him to that unit are tenuous, shallow, and often contradictory.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.