[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which is better? Why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 255x130) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 255x130
Which is better?

Why?
>>
>>61792949
everything must go
>>
>>61792960
on some great flood shit
>>
>>61792996
hi
>>
>inb4 Richey is dead
>>
>>61793013
hey
>>
>>61792949
Everything Must Go

It has a really, really lovely cathartic atmosphere, is full of memorable melodies and energy, and also has a good lyrical balance between more against-the-world and abstract style Richey had and a more introverted and straight-hitting type of Nicky's lyrics. The Holy Bible is a bit too intense and claustrophobic for me.
>>
>>61793042
hey
>>
>>61793052
hi
>>
test
>>
>>61793121
i cant bleive that you
Did that
>>
>>61793137
what was the name of that supplement you recommended me yesterday?
>>
>>61793166
valerian root
>>
>>61793044
>The Holy Bible is a bit too intense and claustrophobic for me.
Precisely why I prefer it more. I hear it way less than Everything Must Go, but when I do is a extreme experience. They're both 10/10's in my book though. Agree with everything you said about EMG. Also, why is Journal For Plague Lovers so fucking underrated?
>>
>>61793180
thanks. how many mg would you recommend? 1, 3, or 10?
>>
>>61793301
um idk exactly the bottle i got was 450mgs per capsule so i'd usually take 2 in the morning, 2 in the afternoon and 2 before i go to bed and that's it.
>>
>>61793182
They're also solid 10's for me. I guess it's just a case of my preference, because both are good borderline contrasting albums.

JFPL was highly acclaimed by the fans and the musical press at the time it came out, but I guess too many people expect The Holy Bible 2 when they listen to it, and so they're thrown off by the more melodic alternative rock style. At least that's the most reasonable explanation I can come up with, because the music is really solid for Manics, and the lyrics, while not reaching the heights of the best moments of THB, are Richey at his most personal, so idk.
>>
>>61792949
Dunno, I love both for different reasons

Shame nothing else in their discogrsaphy comes close
>>
>>61793182
>why is Journal For Plague Lovers so fucking underrated?
My problem is that most of the album holds a lot of repetition, it doesn't feel as dynamic as THB, EMG, or any album them honestly. It seems that they didn't try to expand the lyrical content so they could publish Richey's "legacy" in it's pure state. They tried to bring an older sound in JFPL but they couldn't because they limited themselves
>>
File: EMG aesthetics.jpg (2 MB, 1584x1056) Image search: [Google]
EMG aesthetics.jpg
2 MB, 1584x1056
Also, Everything Must Go era was fucking GOAT for artwork
>>
>>61793519
Agree with the repetition thing. If they added more variation to the song structures instead of 3minutes of verse chorus verse chorus it would be a lot better. Still, the melodies and hooks are fantastic, and the album has a pretty neat atmosphere. It feels like THB: Light Version. It should have had more guitar solos though.

>>61793350
Love how the lyrics, while still bleak and sad as usual, have a bittersweet side to them. Sort of like Morrissey's somewhat comic self depreciating style. Richey appeared to be at a better place than in THB era. Maybe he got killed by Courtney too idk
>>
>>61793528
Has any other band had the aesthetic level and consistency of the Manics? Every fucking cover they have is beautiful holy shit.
>>
>>61793875
Even the cover for THB and JFPL? kek
>>
>>61794064
Those are some of their strongest covers. Perfectly sum up the atmosphere of those albums.
>>
File: Manics_Futurology_Art_600_0.jpg (80 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Manics_Futurology_Art_600_0.jpg
80 KB, 600x600
I guess we can al agree tha this is their best 21st century realese
>>
>>61794338
For me it goes
Lifeblood > Futurology > Journal for Plague Lovers

I like all three albums though
>>
>>61794338
Journal > Futurology > Lifeblood > Tigers > Rewind > Postcards

I honestly don't get the hate for Lifeblood. Such a beautifully produced, comfy album.
>>
File: LESADRINFACE.png (909 KB, 772x1079) Image search: [Google]
LESADRINFACE.png
909 KB, 772x1079
>>61794458
>>61794377
>no love for Know Your Enemy
It's pretty generic but it is still pretty good
>>
>>61794338
shite
havent listened to it
but its shite
>>
>>61794556
Shit forgot about it. I'd put it above Tigers and Under Lifeblood desu. Also quite underrated.
>>
>>61794556
it has some killer tracks (Found That Soul and Year of Purification especially), but it's such a sprawling mess that I have a hard time listening to it as a coherent album. I can see how can that be a part of the appeal though.
>>
>>61794556
Zero quality control: the album
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.