[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The internet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Internet-sq.png (338 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
Internet-sq.png
338 KB, 450x450
Do you think Internet improved or worsened music and culture in general?
Yesterday I was talking about this with a few friends and I was the only one thinking it actually improved the general situation.
Yes it did bring a big pile of garbage in but it also made our culture a lot more globalized, free and varied.
>>
Not better or worse, just different
>>
>>61788983
It's better and worse.
Better because less known artists now get attention and music is easy to share.

Worse because your genuine taste gets ripped on until you no longer actually like the music you like.
>>
much better

even our understanding of the culture of the recent past has improved with the Internet
>>
>>61789015
the solution is not be a pleb, pleb
>>
Both better and worse. For example smaller acts that previously wouldn't have been recognized are known which is great. But now acts are more oriented on pumping out a few good songs as opposed to a good album. More emphasis on singles really makes certain genres less profound.
>>
>>61789015
>Worse because your genuine taste gets ripped on until you no longer actually like the music you like
lel, you sound like a weak-minded faggot desu
>>
File: 1429003263655.jpg (10 KB, 300x186) Image search: [Google]
1429003263655.jpg
10 KB, 300x186
Both.
I can listen to any music i want at a click of button now, classical, rap, rock, pop, electronic, country, punk, old, new, foreign, domestic,obscure, mainstream.
I can listen to mounds and mounds of music.
Before the internet you had to buy cd's you had to have money, or work at a record store to have this much access.
Also the internet has destroyed music business jews and mtv, and corporate influence, which is a good thing.

I want to go back in time and whisper in kurts ear, dudeeeee just wit for youtbe and soundcloud you wont be a slave to these corporate fucks.

But on the other hand the internt has destroyed mystery, i had no idea of musicians real personality before twitter, now i know a lot of them are fucking retards.

Another thing is is it just me or are there no longer music scenes anymore, like the seattle sound or the Memphis blues.
Music is no longer localized, its globalized on the internet which kind of kills creativity when you think about it, now every hipster fuck with access to p4k is tailor making their music to what p4k likes so now every musician around the world are just bland clones
>>
>>61789015
you should listen to whatever you want, the bad man on the 4chan who called you a plebe will never know
>>
Still OP here...got one more question.
Do you believe that years from now "plebs" will look back at big names (e.g. David Bowie, Miles Davis, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin and others) like they do today? If yes who do you think will be the next ones?
>>
>>61789272
I mean will they be the artists working for the big labels, the independent ones or a mix of both?
>>
>>61789272
Some.
You ever look at old billboard charts and realize how disposable pop music is?
It weren't a few years ago nelly furtado, the black eyed peas, and gwen stefani were huge pop stars.

Musicians get remembered for different things, being apart of pop culture, or nostalgia, or making good music.

People will remember guys like radiohead and kanye west.

They wont remember flo rida and call me maybe girl
>>
>>61789015
>genuine taste gets ripped on until you no longer actually like the music you like.

Lol, you weak faggot. /mu/ really hates some of my favourite stuff but I've never stopped loving it. If anything, I love it more because I've been looking into it deeper in trying to defend it.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.