[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Show me the way to the next little girl
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: jom.jpg (50 KB, 720x600) Image search: [Google]
jom.jpg
50 KB, 720x600
>Show me the way to the next little girl
>>
When can we admit Jim's "poetry" is nonsense limerick + sexual fantasies

>FATHER I WANNA KILL YOU
>MOTHER I WANNA FUCK YOU

Wow I'm sure referencing Oedipus Rex took all of 15 seconds
>>
File: th.jpg (10 KB, 205x300) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
10 KB, 205x300
>>61783835
>Jim's "poetry"
>>
You completely miss the point.
>>
>>61783835
this is such a poor criticism
>>
>>61783796
Jim didn't write that song it's a song from 1927 friendo
>>
>>61784407
Oh come on Jim always has little girls in his lyrics
>>
>>61783835
Jesus, Morrison was /r9k/ before /r9k/ was even a thing.
>>
>>61783796
I think in my opinion The Doors where a groundbreaking band at the time. No band sounded like them at the time and no band has since. Very unique band definitely.
>>
>>61783835
His poetry/lyrics are actually a result of an obsession with modernist form and thematics, and his indoctrination into the emerging vapid culture of 1960s California.

Pseudointellectualism used to be all the rage. Morrison was about as deep as a spit glob.
>>
>>61783796
>The "Alabama Song" (also known as "Whisky Bar," "Moon over Alabama," or "Moon of Alabama") was originally published as a poem in Bertolt Brecht's Hauspostille (1927). It was set to music by Kurt Weill for the 1927 "Songspiel" Mahagonny and used again in Weill's and Brecht's 1930 opera Aufstieg und Fall der Stadt Mahagonny (Rise and Fall of the City of Mahagonny.)

so get fucked
>>
>>61783835
>poetry

kek there's maybe 2-3 people in Rock music who ever wrote anything that could be considered poetry, and that hack Morrison certainly isn't one of them.
>>
I'm just glad there's actually a Doors related thread for once. They're my favorite band.
>>
I was really into Jim Morrison in High School. I remember one day my Philosophy teacher basically told me "This is nonsense. If you write poetry under the influence, it's almost guaranteed to be bad."

That same teacher used to give me books like "The Philosophy of Radiohead" and shit, I'm not even kidding. Dude was kind of weird.
>>
>>61784578
Although some of Jim's lyrics may have been kinda stupid, he was actually a very intelligent individual. And he seemed like a genuinely nice, cool guy.
>>
>>61784622
encase anyone thinks this doesn't exist
>>
>>61784622
That's pretty crazy.
>>
>>61784655
Get that hook out of your mouth.
>>
>>61784622
>"This is nonsense. If you write poetry under the influence, it's almost guaranteed to be bad."
>implying that most of the great or canon poets weren't mostly drug addicts and psychotics

What he should have considered that when you try and write poetry sober, yet try to make it seem like you were under the influence, then it's almost guaranteed to be bad. See: T.S. Eliot, Billy Collins, and Goethe
>>
>>61784622
When we studied poetry in school my teacher called Morrison a drunk hack faggot and that the only good thing the Doors ever did was appear in Apocalypse Now.
>>
File: happythom.jpg (38 KB, 300x184) Image search: [Google]
happythom.jpg
38 KB, 300x184
>>61784659
>>
https://youtu.be/tBjF5uTbb1o
>>
>>61785073
that was Marlon Brando not Jim Morrison, stupid
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.