[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm tired of downloading pirated music. Now that I have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: Pleasure.jpg (47 KB, 359x237) Image search: [Google]
Pleasure.jpg
47 KB, 359x237
I'm tired of downloading pirated music.

Now that I have a decent job with a small excess, I'd like to purchase them.

What are some good music services where I can buy good cheap abums?
>>
Itunes
>>
Garage sales, markets, ebay
>>
>>61779166
This is the only answer. Hard copies all the way.
>>
>>61779156
Bandcamp, Amazon, 7Digital...the list goes on...
>>
>>61779156
Spotify is the best investment if you frequently listen to shit that isn't extremely obscure. If you buy your extremely obscure shit on the side, it still stands.

Otherwise,

If you wanna support the artists, then either bandcamp or the labels they release their shit on.

Otherwise if you want it cheaper than the price that they set, you'll have to buy it used or through some un-licensed vendor. You might find a deal from something like Amazon once in a while, but it's rare.
>>
>>61779250
I'd prefer having music without being connected through the internet since I find myself out in the field often.

>>61779177
I prefer not to haul fragile disks everywhere.
>>
>>61779156
bandcamp/itunes/amazon/boomkat/junodownload
>>
>>61779317
Spotify has a paid service/app where u can access all ur music offline I believe
>>
File: PwfZPoZ.gif (69 KB, 700x713) Image search: [Google]
PwfZPoZ.gif
69 KB, 700x713
>>61779156
>>
File: t9Ruixr.jpg (111 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
t9Ruixr.jpg
111 KB, 1000x667
If you're going to buy music you should start a record collection. CD's are disposable and Digital is like nothing, you will forget you even have them.

A record collection will give you a little bit of joy every time you see them on your shelf. You'll think, damn I have some cool records. Just imagine that quiet night in, sipping on a stiff drink with the lights dimmed and your turntable on the go.
>>
>>61779156
If you're fucking buying it go vinyl or cassette, you get physical media, it'll probably come with a download code.
>>
>>61780140
Then the vinyl fad ends and you throw them all away since they aren't hip anymore.
>>
>>61780140
Especially when you have a special someone to share the truly tranquil occasion with.
>>
>>61779317
Spotify Premium let's you save it offline, I assume Apple and Google are the same but idk
>>
>>61779156
CDs. hit record stores.
>>
with bandcamp a larger portion actually goes to the artist
>>
>>61780140
>little bit of joy every time you see them on your shelf

but that's how I feel about CDs
>>
>>61779317
>I prefer not to haul fragile disks everywhere.
lrn2rip faggot
>>
>>61779156
bleep.com
boomkat or whatever it is
>>
>>61779156
apple music + physical versions of your absolute favourite albums
>>
>>61781044

well It's still way better than buying digital. At least you get a physical thing for a while even if you throw them away later.

Digital is dumb considering how easy it is to acquire, you should just throw money into the wind instead.
>>
>>61779250
Spotify is worse than downloading music because you are wasting bandwidth and the money is going to spotify not the artist. Spotify gives like .006 cents - .0084 cents per stream (according to a quick google search) meaning you would have to listen to around 119 songs before they even get a dollar.
>>
>>61779317
>I prefer not to haul fragile disks everywhere.
So you store them somewhere central and rip them all for ease of digital transportation/access?

How pleb r u?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.