[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some bands simillar to Arctic Monkeys?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: Cover.jpg (1 MB, 2400x2400) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
1 MB, 2400x2400
What are some bands simillar to Arctic Monkeys?
>>
Anal Cunt
>>
the bad ones lmao
>>
Nails
>>
>>61778190
Depends, are we talking about melancholic teen Arctic Monkeys or modern, teenage girl-pandering Arctic Monkeys?
>>
>>61778190
Blur
>>
go to your local gay club and listen to the music ahaha...
>>
>>61778259
Whatever people say I am stuff. Like their old shit
>>
Discordance Axis
>>
>>61778367
Listen to the The Last Shadow Puppets then.

I haven't really listened to many bands that share similarities with Arctic Monkeys in terms of sound. There are bands like The Kooks and The Libertines that have some tracks that share some similarties, but that's pretty much it.

Some Franz Ferdinand tracks are kinda similar to some of their WPSITWIN/FWN songs.

And Josh Homme was involved in the production of Homebug, so naturally, you should listen to Queens of the Stone Age. They aren't really that similar, but QotSA is a pretty good band that you should listen to anyways.
>>
>>61778725
Fuck, listen to Antics by Interpol. Forgot about that one.
>>
>>61778190
I can recall there being a multiple of awful and instantly forgettable indie bands that popped up when the Arctic Monkeys first got success.

When I first heard them I always thought they were between "is this it?" era strokes and the recently disbanded Libertines/ newly formed babyshambles.
>>
Am I the only one who would suggest The Strokes?

And maybe Black Keys
>>
>>61778190
Early stuff?
Libertines, Babyshambles, Kooks, The strokes. as have already been suggested.
Hard Fi had an album? Franz Ferdinand?

The early work of the Arctic Monkeys is actually kind of unique as far as indie went at the time, a load of other bands got attention from it and exploded in the same fashion a lynx can will on a bonfire, but none of them had that sort of raw musical edge that the Arctic Monkeys did, that allowed them to continue.

I wish they'd stop fucking about making wank though and return to making gritty northern influenced rock.
>>
>>61778190
Puddle of Mudd
>>
>>61778190
Any shit/mediocre band directed at pre teen girls.
One direction maybe?
>>
Listen to Panic Prevention by Jamie T and thank me later
>>
Better question: bands that sound like the strokes.
>>
>>61778190
Captain Beefheart and his Magic Band
Get it?
Because both suck.
>>
>>61781867
Just listen to Television man
>>61782313
You are right about one of those
(Hint: it's AM)
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.