[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
share a detail about an album you noticed that hasn't been
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: front.jpg (17 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
front.jpg
17 KB, 400x400
share a detail about an album you noticed that hasn't been talked about here.

The vocal harmony of the chorus 'I'm a Blackstar' is a human imitation of the autotuned vocals that have been recently popular in pop-hip-hop.
>>
>>61773959
The album "Blackstar" was released two days before David Bowie's death.
>>
>>61773959
it's called a vocoder genius
>>
>>61773988
Vocoders are primarily the synth sound, what you speak into it only shapes the filter of it, where as the chorus in Blackstar is mostly his actual voice.
>>
File: image.gif (1 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1 MB, 500x500
On Fire Coming Out Of The Monkeys Head, Damon sang 4 vocal harmonies with a smile and 1 with a frown, to try to imitate the Beach Boys' recording sessions (with Brian being the unhappy one)
>>
does anyone else feel like he's making fun of 'black stars' in this bit?
>i'm not a gangster
>>
>>61774415
Yeah kendrick and mc ride. Theyre the naruto and sasuke of rap
>>
>>61774366
really interesting, thanks for the input
>>
>>61774366
gonna relisten to this right now thats super interesting thansk
>>
>>61774452
good post
>>
>>61773959
this sounds like something I would expect from le intellectual middle schooler
>>
>>61773959
actually I'm 90% sure it's just him paying homage to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgeuPiE48vc
>>
>>61774366
sauce?
>>
File: homepage_large.6698e088.jpg (56 KB, 319x319) Image search: [Google]
homepage_large.6698e088.jpg
56 KB, 319x319
I mentioned this in a production general a while back, but Black Dice from No Love Deep Web starts off with a Microkorg preset.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7w62joaRto
Here's the best video I could find of it on the synth.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtpPjGnVnyw&feature=youtu.be&t=90
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.