[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So does anyone here have my same problem? I love the calm parts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: opeth_blackwaterpark_02.jpg (159 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
opeth_blackwaterpark_02.jpg
159 KB, 500x500
So does anyone here have my same problem?
I love the calm parts of bands like opeth and between the buried and me, but think the heavy parts are fucking boring as shit.
Am I just crazy or are they actually boring?
>>
>>61773852
listen to heritage by Opeth.

do you like any other metal?
>>
Between the buried and me's heavy parts are kind of boring if you're not either listening to the riffs closely or physically reacting. The pits at Btbam live were surprisingly good since the heavy parts are kinda grindy.
>>
>>61773953
Yeah sure, Gojira is one of my favourite bands ever, I also love/like Vektor, The Dillinger Escape Plan Mastodon Cynic, Deafheaven, Cattle Decapitation, Animals as Leaders and a bunch of other bands ranging from a lot of sub genres.
So the genre is not the problem.
>>
>>61774066
ah okay. If you just want the calm parts of opeth listen to mirage by camel.
>>
>>61774170
Oh yeah I've seen mirage a couple of times on /mu/, thanks for the suggestion
>>
>>61774233
no problem. enjoy
>>
Understandable. Though BTBAM especially during the Colors era aren't as bad since their heavy parts still willing to throwdown, Opeth definitely has a problem. In fact, I don't like Opeth personally because I personally think it pointless to listen to them. Yeah it's cool to combine a bunch of shit from your personal influences, but if your parts individually aren't as good as any of your influences it's kinda pointless. The blues parts are done better by blues artists, the jazz parts are done better by jazz artists, the prog parts are done better by prog artists, and the heavy parts are done better by other metal bands.

Blues: Blind Willie Johnson - The Complete Blind Willie Johnson

Jazz: Wes Montgomery - The Incredible Jazz Guitar Of Wes Montgomery

Prog: someone else already mentioned Camel so Yes - Close To The Edge

Metal: Morbid Angel - Altars Of Madness
>>
File: firstutterance.jpg (70 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
firstutterance.jpg
70 KB, 350x350
Do you like comus?
>>
>>61774421
that's and interesting point, they basically are one of those bands that make me feel nothing, like they're just throwing notes at me with no real cohesion. Tho I enjoy some of Blackwater park and Damnation. Also thanks for the suggestions.

>>61774425
I've seen that cover but never listened m80
>>
>>61774490
Exactly! Example their context for why there may be a jazz section in a song is "look guys we put jazz here we are so cool, right? jazz is sssoooo cool!" rather than have a less shallow context.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.