[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever played music while on lsd? What was it like? I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 306x238) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 306x238
Have you ever played music while on lsd? What was it like? I've never done acid but i've had a few tabs for a while now and im thinking ill wait until my friend and i have his garage set up to jam. I'm not expecting to gain any sort of musical insight, but i think it could be a good time.
>>
Weed is better for music IMHO
>>
>>61773265
bumping for intrest. trying it for the first time soon too.
>>
>>61773315
yeah this
playing music on weed > listening to music on acid > listening to music on weed >>> playin on acid.
but maybe it works for you OP give it a try
>>
>>61773265
Pretty much turned into hanging out and not much music playing. Though we were both on three tabs so we were pretty fucked
>>
i might do acid soon, too. where's the best place to do it? controlled environment?
>>
>>61773265
My question is, has anyone ever NOT played music while on LSD?
>>
>>61773486
It really depends on you. My first trip was with about 15-20 people all tripping at the same time at a stranger's giant creepy house in the woods and I loved it. I've also tripped at a giant music festival and it freaked me out. I'd start with a few friends (3-4) at a friend's house that you're super comfortable at, or your own house, near lots of nature/forest/parks if possible. It's super subjective of course.
>>
>>61773619

i think i'll do it at a friend's house where we tripped on shrooms before she leaves the place.
>>
>>61773265
So normally my friend and I say we work in the realm of metal, punk/hardcore, maybe dabble in ambient or hip-hop occasionally when it comes to making music. Last time we tripped together we created this albeit short but weird thing that sounds like a more weirder Animal Collective. During the trip we somehow mixed a large variety of synths to create a different sound that is dependent on all those synths being played together yet syncopated. We still have no idea how we exactly pulled it off.
>>
>>61773751
Interesting.. My friend and i are kind of similar, we're planning on making some experimental noise rock and probably a little metal/punk too. I'm on bass guitar, friend on drums, and we'll both be fucking around with a synth on top of it which we'll also use to mess with electronic/hip-hop. Do you remember how it felt while you were playing? Was it difficult to play compared to being sober?

Can someone explain why they think weed is better than lsd for playing music? I don't even like smoking before playing guitar cause my coordination gets worse, although it can be nice when working with a synth.
>>
>>61774208
I agree, playing music when you've smoked is a shit experience. My vocal cords feel tighter and my hands feel so much heavier.

And I've never really met anybody who's any better at their instruments when they're high, only people who think they're good because they're too high to notice how bad they sound high.
>>
>>61773265

Tripped on 4-aco to the Glow Pt. 2 in my room alone, in complete darkness. The ceiling fan became a huge twister and I lay naked in the eye of the storm before becoming the void.
>>
>>61773315
hell no, most frustrating experience of my life

>be me 17 years old
>listening to shitty high school music in bed while high
>"holy shit I must have listened for like 2 hours"
>look at ipod
>30 seconds into first song
>FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
>goes to bed angrily
>>
File: 1433977732956.png (140 KB, 589x493) Image search: [Google]
1433977732956.png
140 KB, 589x493
>having access to LSD
>>
>>61773265
My most recent trip I played Mars Volta's Cassandra Gemini and oh fucking boy that was a trip. 32 minutes of Latin led zeppelin spazzing out makes you subconsciously start to ventilate and grind your teeth, it was amazing
>>
>>61773265
Last time me and my friend tripped we tried to cover Phone Call by Jon Brion and it ended up sounding exactly like Sung Tongs
>>
>>61773265
fuck off
>>
>>61774208
Idk. As I said of my experience, that's tripping's done a lot more good for me than smoking weed. Like I go hard tripping wise, too, but I won't get hampered by it at all. When I go hard when it comes to smoking the green holy shit I become the sloppiest instrument player. It kinda made me realize why stoner metal leans towards doom: you only have to get a few chords right as opposed to comparatively technical riffs!
>>
>>61774524
>listening to shitty music
>blame weed for it
>>
File: image.jpg (847 KB, 2048x1378) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
847 KB, 2048x1378
>try pot
>freak out, vomit, and black out

>tfw you can't try acid because you know you'll literally die

t. pussy loser
>>
lots of misdirection ITT

LSD is like a cheat code that will bump you 10x up in your musical progression. i always felt like i had barriers in my brain while playing music, be it anxiety (thoughts of inadequacy or embarrassment, stress about how my music would be perceived) or physical limitation (i just CANT move the way i need to) and acid demolished them. i didn't even consider whether or not something would be possible or sound "good," i just did what felt natural and good and surprised myself over and over again. literally an hour of jamming on LSD and i made more progress on my instrument than i had in over a year previously
>>
I find it slightly difficult but a little easier than being stoned. With weed it's easier to get distracted and not fit in with what others are playing. Because acid has a slight anphetamine effect it can make you more conscious of the people you are playing with. It can be a very rewarding experience but I reccomend you do it post peak.
>>
>>61776345

same here. but still, LSD wont replace the hard work rehearsing.
>>
>>61773265
Jamming on acid is pretty sweet. I would recommend it.
>>
It's pretty great. Playing Hank Williams Sr. on 4 tabs (which was really just weird noodling as I played along in my head) transformed the room's aesthetic into a ranch somewhere and I felt like I was around a campfire in some Hallmark spaghetti western.
>>
>>61776282
In my experience acid trips consist of such intense pleasure and headfuckery you pretty much forget any anxiety you have about tripping once you start to peak. It's not that it removes your anxiety, it just fucks your brain up so much you can't really feel anxious anymore.

You just have to watch out for the comedown where you come back to reality enough not to feel the intense pleasure anymore but your brain is still running in circles so you start waiting for the trip to end but you don't realise acid trips last for like six fucking days and they also stop you from sleeping so you just have to stay up all night and wait until you feel sober enough to sleep again or take a bunch of benzos and knock yourself out for 20 hours. It's a bit of a double-edged sword.
>>
>>61776417

I think what that anon means to emphasize further is that in that moment, it takes the anxiety out of being unfamiliar with your instrument. Not that he's literally more technically proficient. It progressed his form over practice.
>>
>>61773265
Meat Puppets II is a good example of what happens when you make music on acid
>>
>>61773265
When I first tripped I listened to Kid A. It sure was a captivating and surreal experience to be quite honest. I remember that for the rest of the night I would hear the F to C chord change in "Everything In Its Right Place" and it was very heavenly as I transitioned through multiple phases and environments when I tripped. My advice is to trip with a close friend you trust and maybe have a separate playlist with different music in-case you have a bad trip, although if you have a positive mental attitude when taking L you should be fine. Enjoy man.
>>
the music was hugging my ear drum idk how else to explain it. could basically see that shit if you know what I mean we are bros by default.
>>
>>61776724
>"hugging my ear drum"
>not merging into your very essence
trip harder faggot
>>
>>61774524
This kinda happens to me. I think time just goes slower because I'm thinking faster.

Weed is comfy asf though, I think i'll wait a bit before trying acid.
>>
You can try Shpongle - Are You Shpongled, Amon Tobin - Supermodified, Grails - Doomsdayer's Holiday, PInk Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon, should cover a whole trip.
Great times ahead op
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.