[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just heard this for the time. Is this considered ahead of it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: 1426468523913.jpg (245 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
1426468523913.jpg
245 KB, 1280x1280
Just heard this for the time.

Is this considered ahead of it's time sonically for 1977? Some of the sounds and techniques are still used today wholesale by other artists. Seems to be underrated as an album too.
>>
By normies, yes. It's not though.
>>
File: 1452539760246.jpg (61 KB, 960x530) Image search: [Google]
1452539760246.jpg
61 KB, 960x530
1. yes, the synths sound dated at points but it holds up fairly well
2. no, it's widely acclaimed in retrospective reviews
3. heroes is the underrated album, it's on par with Low but gets a lot less attention other than the title track
>>
I don't think it was really sonically ahead of German electronic music of the time like Klaus Schulze and people like that, but it packaged that aesthetic to a more easily digested form and the instrumental tracks are of course excellent
>>
>>61772726
I see this por everyday fuck off with the low circlejerk
>>
>>61772726
this album didn't push boundaries at all just like any bowie release
Another Green World was realeased 2 years ago
>>
File: image.jpg (643 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
643 KB, 1000x1000
This is better
>>
>>61773063
2014?
damn... time sure runs slow
>>
It isn't a boundary pushing album. But it IS the single best summary of Krautrock and 70s rock. It's the embodiment of multiple genres.
>>
It wasn't the first of its kind but that's entirely missing the point. Just because somebody did it a year or two earlier than you doesn't make your art invalid or anything.

Nobody talks about the first composers of opera, or the first composers of symphonies; they were absolute dogshit. They talk about the people who were great at it.
>>
File: david-bowie-bw.jpg (1 MB, 3222x2400) Image search: [Google]
david-bowie-bw.jpg
1 MB, 3222x2400
the movie is dreary.
>>
>>61774654
Why is his left eye so much more dilated than his right?
>>
>>61774876
that's the one he puts cocaine into
>>
>>61774876
Some faggot punched him when he was a teenager and it would have required surgery to make it not dilated but it made him look cool so he kept it
>>
>>61772726
I literally listened to this album for the first time an hour ago, and my thoughts exact were fuck, this sounds like what I thought were the most futuristic songs on a whole bunch of other albums and soundtracks in one. Turns out those songs were actually past . . . istic.

Anyway, are you me?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.