[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
do musician's political views effect your enjoyment?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
File: dij-2008-trotCD.jpg (636 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
dij-2008-trotCD.jpg
636 KB, 400x400
do musician's political views effect your enjoyment?
>>
Sometimes.

I try to separate the art from the artist; but I'm only human
>>
If they sing about them and they are cringy it's very cringy see Neil Young going anti-Monsanto like a retarded 15-year-old girl on Twitter
>>
>>61763168
yes
>>
>>61763168
Yep, I was very sad when I learned that Douglas is actually a literal gay cuck.
>>
delete this thread and jump into a lake
>>
>>61763221
he has been openly gay for the entirety of his career
>>
File: 864.jpg (36 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
864.jpg
36 KB, 600x600
>vaccines cause autism
>>
File: Stevie_Wonder_1973.jpg (145 KB, 760x872) Image search: [Google]
Stevie_Wonder_1973.jpg
145 KB, 760x872
>all niggers should be hanged
Why, Stevie, why?
>>
>>61763168

Only if it comes across in the music. I generally don't know anything much about the musicians I like anyways, it doesn't matter who they are. Not to me anyways.
>>
>>61763185
And you wonder why so many people are dying of cancer lately. Wake up.
>>
>>61763248

Is this bait?
>>
>>61763305

Is this bait?
>>
>>61763168
no
>>
>>61763327
Nope. He deleted his music on soundcloud after people called him out.
>>
>>61763168
I generally could care less about "politics" in art, so long as giving service to said politics doesn't compromise the quality of the art.

>>61763185
Even my genetics professors dislike Monsanto. Genetic engineering is sound, Monsanto is not.
>>
>>61763334
Monsanto shills go away pls. Shoo!
>>
Most Basque bands are heavily politised (independence, prisoners, language, etc) so I guess yes.
>>
>>61763468
Al-Qaeda did 9/11.
>>
I can still enjoy the music but I wouldn't buy any of their records / pay for their shows.
>>
File: That kendrick album..jpg (119 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
That kendrick album..jpg
119 KB, 1000x1000
>>61763494
Your a cunt then.
Also why don't we discuss this record which everybody goes out to disprove It's greatness because of there political views?
>>
>>61763168
No.
>>
>>61763445
What are your/his arguments against Monsanto?

Read this first: https://www.quora.com/Monsanto/Is-Monsanto-evil/answers/9740807
>>
>>61763484
What does that have to do with corporations copyrighting food and selling us mutants?
>>
>>61763562
>mutants
Spooky.
>>
No, if I can listen to all the illuminati and homophobic crap in rap I can probably put up with anything

Fuck some of my favourite bands are overtly political
>>
Who gives a fuck i like the music they could be Hitler for all i care

If Stalin came back to life and recorded the most based drum solo using the bones of a million dead GULAG children i would still listen to that beat

Music is music it's a part of all of us, politics dont fucking matter in music its just vibrations
>>
>>61763554
Not the person you asked, but what bothers me the most among the things I've heard is their monopoly strategy. Your article doesn't mention that at all. Monsanto sells its own seeds to farmers, especially in poor countries, only telling them about the benefits they'd get from them — but then the farmers can't go back to conventional agriculture or buy their seeds anywhere else, and they can't buy the seeds either, they're forced to keep buying from Monsanto. If they can no longer afford them, well... they're fucked.

About how safe GMOs themselves are, honestly I don't know what to believe. I'm not opposed to the idea of GMOs, but I've heard everything and its opposite concerning safety — so I try to avoid them, just to be on the safe side. But monopolies are almost never a good thing — with no competition, they control everything and can pretty much do whatever the hell they want. They're big enough to afford that too. They have way too much power.
>>
>>61763779
*can't keep the seeds either
>>
>>61763168
death in june aren't real fascists they just invoke the aesthetic for a spooky effect
>>
>>61763812
>BRITAIN IMPORTED MILLIONS OF UNSKILLED LABOURERS FROM THE COLONIES OR THAT KIND OF WORK AND LOOK WHAT A HUGE SUCCESS THAT WAS! THE HATRED IS BARELY RESTRAINED INTO THE OCCASSIONAL RIOT. I DON’T LIKE BEING IN A PLACE WITH SUCH AN ATMOSPHERE. EVEN GERMANY, THE FORMER RICHEST COUNTRY IN WESTERN EUROPA (sic) SEEMS TO BE TANGIBLY FALLING TO BITS. IT IS NO LONGER AS CLEAN AND AS WELL ORGANISED AS I REMEMBER FROM, SAY, 10 YEARS AGO. IT HAS BEEN FLOODED BY THOSE WHO WANT BUT, WITH LITTLE TO GIVE!
>THE WORLD SEEMS TO BE SO FULL OF SO MANY DANGERS THAT IT’S HARD TO SINGLE ANY PARTICULAR ONES OUT. CERTAINLY THE MOST OBVIOUS THAT SPRING TO MIND ARE THE GROWTHS IN ISLAMIC FUNDAMENTALISM AND OUT OF CONTROL BREEDING. EVEN IN EUROPA, WITH ZERO POPULATION GROWTH IN MANY COUNTRIES, THOSE WHO ARE DOING THE BREEDING APPEAR TO ME, AND I THINK MANY OTHERS, TO BE OF DUBIOUS CHARACTER. THEY FUCK, THEY HAVE KIDS AND THAT IS ALL THEY DO!
>As Dutch, British and French explorers literally put this Great Southern Land on the map it would be ridiculous to say that modern day Australia is anything other than a grand – and successful – outpost of
Euro-colonialism and, more specifically Anglo-Celt British colonialism. It’s a fact of life like the Euro-colonization of the Americas etc. If it was an outpost of, let’s say, Iranian or Zimbabwean colonialism would so many people still be so desperately trying to get into Australia by any means necessary, legal or otherwise? It’s doubtful. Thank the Gods for Euro-colonialism!
it's ok you can still like them
>>
>>61763856
what the fuck is this post
>>
>>61763924
they're Doug quotes
>>
There are a couple of punk bands who I disagree with politically. Even though they're liberal retards I can still enjoy they're music.
>>
>>61763168
Not a single bit tb.h
>>
Depends. I guess we're talking about extreme cases here, since people usually don't hear or care about artists' mainstream political views.

If their views aren't evident in their music, it might affect whether I buy their releases or not but I will keep enjoying their music anyway. I have no qualms listening to Burzum.

If they really try to shove their views in listeners' faces, then yeah, it can bother me a bit. Gangsta rap is pretty obnoxious in that regard, the way it glorifies mindless violence, misogyny and boasting.
>>
I am an ultraconservative but I like Godspeed a lot even though they are lefty anarchists.
>>
>>61763168
It depends on the situation. I can listen to "highly political" musicians like The Knife because their lyrics are almost always either cryptic or hard to hear because of Karin's accent. Otherwise...it's dodgy.
>>
>>61763856
ruh roh, guess i was wrong
>>
>>61763185
GMOs are cool but fuck Monsanto tho.
>>
>>61763185
>Monsanto shill
Fuck off
>>
>>61763707
> If Stalin came back to life and recorded the most based drum solo using the bones of a million dead GULAG children i would still listen to that beat
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.