[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a musician and this board disgusts me. It seems the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: the more you know.jpg (18 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
the more you know.jpg
18 KB, 640x480
I'm a musician and this board disgusts me. It seems the only reason 99% of people here listen to the music they listen to is because they like the image and vintage photos associated with said bands that make you losers feel cooler by mentioning them and "associating" yourself with them. You should all be fucking ashamed.

And no im not trolling.
>>
Oh yeah? Well I'm 28 years old, I'm probably older than the majority of people on /mu/. I've studied music theory in college for five years. I play more than five instruments including guitar and violin. I'm part if a rock duo and I perform monthly at various places. We've been working on an album since 2014. I think I know what I'm talking about.

What about you? How much music theory do you know? What instruments do you play? I'm guessing none.
>>
>>61763146
I play guitar, bass, drums, I do vocals, I record and produce lots of tracks, I play gigs basically every week around Toronto, I go to music college. And yes i know music theory you dumbass and I'm 20 years old.
>>
Well, get off /mu/ then.
>>
>>61763146
>>61763195
HE GOT MEMED SO HARD

But I agree with you, OP, even though you reek of reddit.
>>
>>61763123

If you want to come to /mu/ then use the filter option to hide thread topics you don't like, e.g kpop, taylor swift/pop, 4x4, soundcloud/bandcamp etc. It's actually pretty decent with share threads and there's some good discussions from time to time. Other then that I agree. You do come off as an ass tho
>>
>It seems the only reason 99% of people here listen to the music they listen to is because they like the image and vintage photos associated with said bands that make you losers feel cooler by mentioning them and "associating" yourself with them.

this is true for the most part desu but a lot of people also have legitimate discussions so yeah
>>
ITT : OP is butthurt because people listen to what they like insteas of his college rock band nobody gives two shits about
>>
>>61763123
Yeah, youll learn real quick that this board lacks substance.

Sad, really. Most 4chan boards are pretty good. /mu/ is basically the waiting room of a thrift clothing store while they price your used clothes.
>>
>>61763123
someone clearly doesn't understand triple ironic hipsterism. Come back in a few years when you age backwards.
>>
>>61763123
this is pretty much what vaperwave is except you don't stop at mentioning the vintage album covers you don't know anything about, you repeat the intro measure loops and add a vengeance electro essentials vol.1 snare that you throw on top without taking the word 'mix' into account and have to be a white boy that squats and likes anime chinese letter gifs
>>
File: orson welles.jpg (11 KB, 180x222) Image search: [Google]
orson welles.jpg
11 KB, 180x222
>>61763146
Boasting that you can play a bunch instruments and know something as useless as music theory makes you sound like a huge queer.
>>
>>61764128
It's a pasta you tard
>>
>>61763198
this desu
>>
File: 1415258851796.gif (334 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1415258851796.gif
334 KB, 250x250
>>61763123
Piss off, Mum.
>>
>>61763123
Sounds like you just need to learn how to hide threads and evaluate which threads are likely to attract good discussion with people who aren't just blow ins from other boards or here to post in the off topic, vapid pop music and /meme/ generals.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.