[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Boob Dylan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 300x300
Listened to this today. Found it bland, and desu Dylans voice isn't the most enjoyable. What am I missing? Did it change music so fundamentally I don't even realize it? Why is this album so good?
>>
>>61762635
>he fell for the bob dylan meme
>>
masterpiece

admittedly i didn't care for it too much when i first heard it, Dylans voice and the way he sang was too crude for me but eventually it grew on me.
every song from start to finish has its own unique property and is consistently catchy.
favourites would include Rainy Day Women, Visions of Johanna and Sad-Eyed Lady.
>>
>>61762635
>Found it bland,
that's folk music
>and desu Dylans voice isn't the most enjoyable.
yea everyone knows that
>What am I missing? Did it change music so fundamentally I don't even realize it?
yes
>Why is this album so good?
try listening to it more than once
>>
>>61762635
He's leaning on the wall
>>
>>61762709

i am completely aware that Sad-Eyed Lady is basically the same thing over and over again and over 11 minutes long but somehow every time i listen to it i "have no sense of time" and don't want it to end
>>
>>61762693
kek

>>61762635
It's good OP, really good. a perfect blend of rock, folk and blues.
But I also fell for the meme :^)
>>
>>61762635
>What am I missing? Did it change music so fundamentally I don't even realize it?
yes
>>
Blood on the Tracks is superior
>>
Definetly a great album, but not my favorite.
Personally I prefer either Highway 61 or The Freewheelin.
>>
Bob Dylan will not die soon.
>>
he'll be fine
>>
dylans music is about the lyrics even back then people made fun of his shitty voice
>>
>>61762635
i understand you, i like Dylan but i'm clearly not a Folk fan so Blonde on Blonde never really did anything to me.
You should try Highway 61 Revisited though
>>
Whats your favorite song people?
>>
>>61762635
>>61763281
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2Jni5QmtLg
>>
I'm filtering Bob Dylan and David Bowie now because I know you fuckers are all going to pretend you loved him but you're all fucking plebs. Fuck you all you fake fucks.
>>
>>61763339
Stuck Inside of Mobile with the Memphis Blues Again
>>
>>61762635
Try Desire and Nashville Skyline and then come back. Those two albums have slightly better vocal performances, and can help you prepare for BoB
>>
>>61763339
too many amazing songs to choose from.

>Like a Rolling Stone
>Visions of Johanna
>It's All Over Now, Baby Blue
>Mississippi
>Tangled up in Blue

Just to name a few.
>>
>>61763339
God I love Blind Willie Mctell.

A fucking masterpiece to listen to when having a whiskey alone..
>>
>>61763249
>>61763269
>>61763365
he not dying yet.

unless i get satanic trips.
>>
>>61762635

before I really paid any attention to what other people thought about music Blonde on Blonde never really struck me as anything special

I always thought several of his other albums like Freewheelin, Bringing it All Back Home, Highway 61 and Blood on the Tracks all stood out far more and made stronger impressions on me

I still don't really get this album to this day
why out of all of his albums this is the one people call the best
I can see now how its different and that it has more fusion but it just makes it feel like its all over the place to me
I still just don't like it that much
>>
>>61762635
I don't think you know what "desu" means.
>>
>>61763865
>he doesn't know about the word filters
laughingcutegrills.gif
>>
If you don't like his voice you're literally a pleb, i didn't the first time i listened to it but i was just getting into music, a year later and i listened to most his albums for 3 months straight.
>>
>>61763773
watch this
>>
>>61764220
rolling
>>
>>61764658
shit that was actually decently close.
>>
>Boob Dylan

that works as a band name
>>
pre 1965 dylan (pure folk) >>> post 1965 dylan (songs about people getting shot)

prove me wrong
>>
>>61762635
It's a genre defining album.
It basically created the Americana genre.
Also the first track was one of Bob Dylan's only #1 songs.
It's an interesting album with nice songs and neat instrumentation.

Give it a second listen.
>>
>>61764742
There are at least two songs on pre 1965 Dylan albums about people getting shot.
>>
>>61764211
>everyone has a linear progression in taste that is identical to mine and if you don't like something I like, it's because you haven't listened to enough music yet
>>
OH, HEAR THIS ROBERT ZIMMERMAN
I WROTE A SONG FOR YOU
ABOUT A STRANGE YOUNG MAN CALLED DYLAN
WITH A VOICE LIKE SAND AND GLUE
>>
>>61762716
this desu
>>
File: react.png (9 KB, 169x182) Image search: [Google]
react.png
9 KB, 169x182
>>61762734
bruh...
>>
>>61764932
Bowie's worst song
>>
Are Dylan's post-60's albums good? I need to know if they're good before I listen in case I accidentally enjoy them.
>>
>>61765213
basement tapes and blood on the tracks are fucking top tier
>>
Does anyone have a high quality dl of the blonde on blonde sessions i know this isnt a sharethread but still help an anon out
>>
>>61765196
lol
>>
>>61762635
>desu
end self
>>
>>61765362
Piratebay has the remastered version. Best quality you'll find.
You can also download the original mono recordings if you wana keep it real.

>>61765333
Trips don't lie
>Come in she said I'll give ya shelter from the storm.
>>
Bob Dylan is literally perfect
>>
File: 1313660902715.jpg (475 KB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
1313660902715.jpg
475 KB, 5000x5000
>tfw blonde on blonde was the first folk rock album i tried and now everything else is terrible by comparison and the genre is ruined for me
>>
>>61765797
>doesn't know about the word filters
back to /r/4chan pls
>>
this album could be cut down to 50 mins and it would be better
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.