[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is he right? Does John Williams deserve 50 Oscar noms?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: williams.png (114 KB, 947x571) Image search: [Google]
williams.png
114 KB, 947x571
Is he right? Does John Williams deserve 50 Oscar noms?
>>
Obviously not, really poor bait
>>
John Williams is really not that good lmao
>>
"Classical"/orchestral movie scores are to actual symphonic classical music what smooth jazz is to actual jazz. John Williams even gets bonus points for frequently ripping off other composers.
>>
>>61761504
>Obviously not
Wrong. We already study him in my AP Music theory class (I'm a senior, mods).
>>
File: neckbeard-lighter-640x533.jpg (78 KB, 640x533) Image search: [Google]
neckbeard-lighter-640x533.jpg
78 KB, 640x533
>>61761492
>that comment
>>
>>61761554
That literally says nothing about his abilities as a composer, or his relevance to the world of art music.
>>
>>61761618
>le the only reeel music is le atonalism serialism pomo morton feldman chance composition bullshit xD
fuck off bud
>>
File: 61GgtfyIsnL._SY300_.jpg (32 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
61GgtfyIsnL._SY300_.jpg
32 KB, 300x300
As a big fan of avant garde classical I can still admit that his neo-romantic violin concerto is pretty good.

Of course he deserves the oscar noms, the oscars are shit and they give them to all kinds of shit.
>>
>>61761646
Cheesy fedoracore classical and meme shit for kids growing out of Mr. Bungle aren't the only types of music man.
>>
If Mad Max got like 10 Oscar nominations then literally anything can.
>>
>>61761646
Nice strawman, bud
>>
I was one of the only people shitting on him.
I hate reddit but /mu/ is just garbage lately.
>>
Every song of his is a blatant rip off of an older one. Listen to the Darth Vader theme and Holst's 'Mars', for example.
>>
>>61761492
No, it should be Tchaikovsky and Holst and anyone else he rips off
>>
Definitely not. He's pretty shit. He's only good to nerds whose understanding of music starts and ends with shitty 80s movies.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.