[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to sing higher
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 20151116192059.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20151116192059.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
So I listen to bands that sing in higher pitches, like almost falsetto high but its not and I really want to have the ability to sing like that
An example of this is tame impala, at the start he sung quite low (check out 'the sun') and then in lonerisn he sounded like a mix between MJ and Lennon, I want to be able to have a range like that and is wondering if anyone has any tips

Also I've tried YouTube videos but they ramble on about bullshit
>>
You could always just record that shit and then chipmunk it like Kanye
>>
>>61758362
tighten your vocal chords and just try as hard as you can
>>
>>61758362
try pic related
>>
Have you considered changing your genetics?
>>
>>61758362
Some people just can't sing high dude. With proper training you can sing higher probably, but a lot of people will never be able to reach those high notes in full chest voice. I'm in the same boat as you - can't sing full voice above an E above middle C. It's rough
>>
>>61758408
Already have
>>
>>61758423
Alright man, fair enough.
>>
>>61758402
I'll try that
>>
>>61758362
I'm the guy from
>>61758423

And I'd be very careful about tightening up too much as suggested in
>>61758402
you can fuck up your vocal chords if you're not careful. Try not to do anything that feels too forced. If you really want quick tips for getting up there:
1) Always warm up first. Spend some time in that register, not too much that you feel strained though. Things like half-scales up will help
2) Drink lots of water. I think warm water during practicing is supposed to help sing higher but I'm not actually sure. I find kind of acidic things help too. Avoid milk, caffeine, or carbonated beverages if you're about to sing.
3) Anecdotally I find singing the note falsetto a few times first makes it easier to get it full voice
>>
>>61758579
Holy shit thanks man
>>
>>61758579
>>61758795
the thing that helps me the most, in the same vain as the guy saying to sing in that register and/or falsetto, practice singing a few bars in your lower registers. Sing as low as you can, drone your voice the lowest it can go, sing your favorite song an octave below its natural register, etc. The trick is that range stretches both ways, if you practice your lows, you'll find your highs easier as well. I always warm up by singing an octave lower than whatever it is I'm singing. I always find it much easier to hit the hard notes after that.

Other than that, just keep singing. You'll find that over time, your range will increase a little bit at a time. But if you're not naturally high-pitched, you'll never sing like freddie mercury or some shit, it's just not gonna happen. I'm in the same boat. Naturally low-pitched. Had work pretty hard for years to get where I am, and it's not even that impressive.
>>
>>61758579
Coffee and cigarettes seem to really help my voice
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.