[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Weezer announce the White Album
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 10
"Our new self titled album will be out on April 1st (this is not a joke), and we’re going on tour with Panic! At The Disco this summer (this is also not a joke). "

1. California Kids
2. Wind in Our Sail
3. Thank God for Girls
4. (Girl We Got A) Good Thing
5. Do You Wanna Get High?
6. King of the World
7. Summer Elaine and Drunk Dori
8. LA Girlz
9. Jacked Up
10. Endless Bummer

"This album was inspired by my experiences hanging around the Westside of Los Angeles, which has been our home since Weezer began. Hanging out with people in Venice and Santa Monica, the beach, the Hare Krishnas, the Sikh on roller blades with the guitar, girls on Tinder within a 4 mile radius, seeing other bands, etc. I would just tweet out "does anybody wanna hang?" and then I'd get together with people who responded and talk about life. I love California. I wanted the album to have a Beach Boys sort of vibe to make you feel like you were there with us SoCal weirdos even if you're in Milwaukee in December."
>>
these track titles are fucking disgusting
>>
>the white album

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
>>
>>61756763
It's power pop, what do you want?
>>
Released Singles:

Thank God for Girls: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBfCu0WERlc

Do You Wanna Get High?:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTNB2fiaDBo

King of the World:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGyBIQjU2Lk
>>
Goddamnit it's gonna be sooo bad
>>
>People still care about Weezer
Man it's like you guys are addicted to getting meme'd or something
>>
File: rivers.png (413 KB, 2234x1318) Image search: [Google]
rivers.png
413 KB, 2234x1318
>>61756775
you think some crazy guy tripping on lsd in LA is gonna interpret these track titles as messages about an apocalyptic racewar?
>>
>>61756897
>"Thank God for Girls"
>$0.69
It's like they know exactly who's buying their music
>>
oh god
>>
Looking forward to seeing Panic! At The Disco live (this is a joke)
>>
On the bright side the album cover does not completely suck dick this time.
>>
>>61756814

How much does Weezer get paid to namedrop CVS?
>>
>>61756763
>doesn't like based Thank God for Girls
are you LITERALLY gay?
>>
Do You Wanna Get High is pretty good

The album is worth it, if only for that song

Does anyone really expect much from Weezer these days?
>>
DYWGH? is great. King of the World is good, fun short pop tune. Thank God for Girls is alright
>Endless Bummer
I'm hype
>>
File: 1448830449046.png (10 KB, 165x176) Image search: [Google]
1448830449046.png
10 KB, 165x176
inb4 another 6/10 to 7/10 weezer album.
>>
I wonder what's on river's tinder profile?
fuck me im famous I bet
>>
>>61760690
lmao Weezer haven't done anything 7/10+ since pinkerton
>>
>any year
>liking Weezer
>>
>>61760721
and that is exactly why I posted that you dummy
>>
I don't understand
Their last album was great so why am I so apprehensive about this
>>
You walk by the magazines
Sitting on the rack at the CVS
One more sad movie star divorce
300 died in an airplane wreck

And you think of all the people suffering
And you bury that pain
But you can tell me everything
And we'll ride on that wave

If I was king of the world
You'd be my girl
You wouldn't have to shed one single tear
unless you wanted to
Cause yeah, I know what it's like

Yeah girl
We could ride a greyhound all the way to the Galapagos
And stay for the rest of our lives

Whoa

Dad hit you on the hand
Just for holding your chopsticks wrong
Then your mom locked you in the shed
And Uncle Sam dropped an Atom Bomb

But you're not alone
You can let it go
And just weep on my breast
And cover me with your tenderness
And that pain will pass

You'd be my girl
unless you wanted to

Yeah girl

Whoa

We are the small fish
We swim together
Ooh...

No prozac or valium
We'll face tsunamis together...

You'd be my girl
unless you wanted to

Yeah girl

Whoa x3
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BezYg1QghdU
>>
>>61759894
you're gnna diss panic at the disco?
>>
>>61760768
It's normal, Weezer failed to deliver one too many times. But it's looking good so far anon. Also >>61760779 sweet lyrics
>>
>>61760785
Ah fuck me who put these onions here
>>
>>61756814
>TGFG
8.5/10
>DYWGH
7/10
>KOTW
8/10

Excited for the album. Hopefully it's on par with EWBAITE.
>>
File: everytime.png (182 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
everytime.png
182 KB, 500x375
KOTW and DYWGH are the best tracks to come from Weezer in years, White Album is gonna be the album that should have followed Pinkerton.
>>
>>61760785
I thought this was gonna crawl up its own ass but instead it made me crawl into a blanket and weep.
>>
>>61756850
>>61756850
>Man it's like you guys are addicted to getting meme'd or something

this might actually be the reason, fuck
>>
EWBAITE was good, still, for some reason i don't care that much. Maybe it's because their last album still feels "new" to me.
>>
>>61756763
They're adorable.
>>
>>61756849
>>61756850
>>61759871
>>61760742
>>61760721
>weezer is bad meme

Pitchfork would proud of you guys! Keep it up! :)
>>
I'm really fucking weird with Weezer. Somehow I've gotten to this point where I love Blue Album, a couple tracks from Pinkerton and Green Album and I also love Red Album but nothing else bar 1 or 2 songs.

How did that happen
>>
I don't care that much for the new single but I really like the other two so this album should be pretty decent, i'm moderately excited
>>
every album by weezer is a white album
>>
File: 180px-Kumotus.jpg (13 KB, 180x209) Image search: [Google]
180px-Kumotus.jpg
13 KB, 180x209
i will never grasp why rivers wants so hard to be a top 40 pop guy, like all of his songs are so calculated and cynical now.

personally for me weezer went to shit after maladroit, other people say green album or whatever, but maladroit has decent tunes, not amazing, after that it was super down hill though.

man, i grew up listing to weezer, YOU WERE MY GUY RIVERS!
the only live concert i ever went to was a weezer one, my brother took me when i was a kid.
There was so much potential man, like okay weezer debuts in a post grunge world, everyone else is some fucking buttrock temple pilots nirvana pearljam rip off.
But then here comes this kid that looks like buddy holly, he's got a dungeon masters guide, he's in the garage,he's falling in love with lesbians, this was some ground breaking shit.

its sad when your favorite childhood band has eaten this much shit for so long!
>>
>>61760785
leave the feels outside the thread god damn
>>
>>61764068
calm down anon, EWBAITE is pretty good. and this is shaping up to be good as well
>>
>>61756743
Weezer were the 2nd most popular alt rock band on DGC, behind Nirvana, but ahead of Sonic Youth and Beck
>>
why didnt they make the cover like the other self titled albums
>>
File: 1425318490001.jpg (73 KB, 500x366) Image search: [Google]
1425318490001.jpg
73 KB, 500x366
>>61764173
the worst thing is i know rivers still has some golden songs in the vault but he either ruins them by modernizing them or hasnt used them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CSt1tECiBQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro5Wvn4qI2c
>>
>>61764312
Yeah I know anon, those two are fantastic. I'm hoping for a box set of rarities down the road, there's a lot of great tracks unused.
Knowing Weezer they'd fuck it up too, I'll never understand why they left this out of Pinkerton deluxe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr8JBfXddg4
>>
>>61759912
Do You Wanna Get High is one of the best songs since Pinkerton, how could you like tgfg more?
>>
>>61764452
thissss
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov1mxpYZzN8
lol
>>
>>61760779
Pretty good lyrics for Rivers. He's never been the greatest lyric writer, even during the days of blue and pinkerton. He's not bad, just kinda goofy, and a lot of people don't really remember that with his newer releases. Thankfully this is pretty good.
>>
I hope it's more like 20th century Weezer and not the abominations they've put out this century, but judging by the tracks, I'm probably wrong
>>
>>61763079
dude weed lmao rite
>>
>>61766485
Have you listed to DYWGH? It's very Pinkerton sounding
>>
>>61766796
literally tumblr: the song
>>
>>61756743
This looks like shit already
>>
File: image.png (266 KB, 368x657) Image search: [Google]
image.png
266 KB, 368x657
>>61766854
>>
>4chan is so contrarian they've ended up defending weezer
>>
Weezer is one of my favorite bands and I hate most of their output
How could this happen?
>>
the titles are stupid
the singles released so far are all bland
this had 0 chances of even matching everything will
>>
>"white" album
what a raycis title
>>
>>61763079
weezer is trash dude stop deluding yourself
>>
>>61767980
While I agree that there is very little chance it will be better than EWBAITE I don't know how a Weezer fan could dislike DYWGH
>>
>>61756743
>Hanging out with people in Venice and Santa Monica

So that's why they look like a tech startup on the album cover.
>>
Wish TGFG stayed a stand alone single. It's not very good.
>>
>>61767893
They're not. You're just repeating memes "they were great and now they suck".
>>
>>61769587
I know I'm going to skip it whenever it comes on. ETWBAITE I don't skip anything.
>>
>>61756897
yo, i'm some dude on LSD in LA right now, and frankly I think that they are definitely warning us about something,and I do believe that something is an impending apocalyptic war in which the four horsemen (being weezer) shall ride forth and bring chaos in their wake. Notice the track title, King of the World? Well the only true king of the world is God, so I'm pretty sure it's referring to the Future King of the North, an end-times leader thought by the book of daniel to usher in the end of all things. LA Girlz are of course all whores and harlots, and California Kids in general are all horrible sinners. Summer Elaine and Drunk Dori, sounds like a seinfeld reference with finding nemo on top(seinfeld=dirty jew, finding nemo has ellen degeneres in it and she is a disgusting lesbian), so once again we have plenty of sinning all over this album. Don't get me started about "Do you wanna get high." But really, the crux of this argument is right there, the last song. Endless Bummer. Cause, you know, the end of the world is permanent and shit. And would probably be a bummer.

Thanks guys, hope you're doin well, don't get yourselves caught up in the impending doom. You'll all be fine
>>
Why the fuck does he think this shit pop rock about girls and partying is going to get kids talking about him again
It's embarrasing. He's like 30. Grow up or go away
>>
>>61769893
>He's like 30. Grow up or go away
he's 45 anon
>>
File: spike smoking.gif (393 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
spike smoking.gif
393 KB, 500x375
>>61760779
>Only In Dreams bridge at 2:18
>>
>>61762830
You know what makes it even better? The female leader of the chorus at the end is Rivers' wife. Both parents sing on the song for their daughter.
>>
>>61764365
This is on the deluxe blue album tho
>>
Do You Wanna Get High? is so fucking good
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.