[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where would you rank this in his discography? I never really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: Blackstar_album_cover.jpg (21 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
Blackstar_album_cover.jpg
21 KB, 499x499
Where would you rank this in his discography? I never really listened to much of him but decided to start with this and I think it's great.
>>
boy its up there
>>
Top 10 at least
>>
>>61755331
Fourth for me, which is high considering his extensive discography.

Low > Ziggy Stardust > Station to Station > Blackstar > Hunky Dory > Lodger > The Next Day > Heroes > Scary Monsters > Alladin Sane > Heathen > Reality > Young Americans > Space Oddity > Outside > The Man Who Sold the World > Tonight > Earthling > Diamond Dogs > Let's Dance > Hours > Black Tie White Noise > Never Let Me Down > Pin Ups > David Bowie
>>
Top 5 easy.
>>
Top 5, along with Low, Heroes, Station to Station and Hunky Dory.
>>
>>61755331
It's number 1 without all the attached hype and number 0 with the attached hype
>>
Also, what album should I listen to next, since I've only listened to Blackstar
>>
>>61755370
Needs more buddah
>>
>>61755412
Listen to his entire discography in order, honestly. It's the right way to experience the man.

If that doesn't interest you, Low, Ziggy, Hunky Dory, Station to Station, and Heroes are the "essentials".

I'd also lump Scary Monsters, Lodger, The Next Day, and Aladdin Sane in there.
>>
>>61755331
Ziggy>Station to Station>TMWSTW>>Space Oddity>Hunky Dory>Heroes>Blackstar
>>
>>61755412
"The next day", then "low"

Not necessarily because they are second and third best, but because that would be the most logical steps sound wise
>>
>>61755412
Well, did you like it?

If yes, try Low or Heroes
If no, try Hunky Dory or Ziggy

Or listen chronologically.
>>
>>61755461
>TMWSTW that high
despicable
>>
Top 10:
Ziggy > Low > S2S > Blackstar > Heroes > Hunky Dory > Lodger > Alladin Sane > Scary Monsters > The Next Day
>>
Tfw thought The Next Day was shit but everyone loves it
>>
>>61755478
>not Low or Lodger or Outside if yes
>>
Would take way more listens for me to determine, but invariably top ten, and that's saying a lot for Bowie.
>>
>>61755494
>recommending Bowie's longest record to someone who hasn't listened to Bowie before Blackstar

I get it, people think outside is underrated.

But, it's not. It's just really long, and as a result there's a good album in there somewhere.
>>
>>61755370
>>61755365
>>61755349
>>61755374
>>61755386
>>61755394
>>61755491
how does it feel to have a shit taste in music?
>>
1. Low
2. Station to Station
3. Heroes
4. Ziggy Stardust
5. Hunky Dory
6. Alladin Sane
7. Scary Monsters
8. Lodger
9. Blackstar
10. Aladdin Sane
>>
>>61755593
I don't know, you tell me ;-)
>>
>>61755593
Good, how does it feel to be retarded?
>>
>>61755597
*10: Heathen
fuck
>>
It could be either 5 6 or 7 in his discography.
>>
In my opinion,

Heroes, Low, Station To Station, Ziggy Stardust, Scary Monsters and Blackstar are all between 9 and 10/10
>>
File: bum.png (106 KB, 1915x955) Image search: [Google]
bum.png
106 KB, 1915x955
>>61755439
I would but he just has so much stuff. I'll listen to the best, then come back later and listen to all of it.
>>
>>61755593
pretty good honestly
>>
>>61755752
Then the undoubtedly most common top 3 rated records of his are probably Ziggy, Low, and Station to Station.

Start with those.
>>
>>61755816
Alright, thanks
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.