[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New Weezer single. Thoughts? Pretty sure we're going to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 5
File: 221 weezer .jpg (105 KB, 960x480) Image search: [Google]
221 weezer .jpg
105 KB, 960x480
New Weezer single. Thoughts?
Pretty sure we're going to be seeing a white album after the beginning of that video
>>
https://youtu.be/nGyBIQjU2Lk
Link
>>
>>61754665
>>61754693
is it like 'do you wanna get high' and pinkerton or should i not bother?
>>
>weezer
>any year
>>
It's okay. New self titled album coming out April 1
>>
I clicked on the link on their site to take me to iTunes to preorder. Apparently a white album is coming out on April 1st and you can preorder it now. doesn't look like anything special let alone good
>>
File: Weezer Cycle.png (488 KB, 798x601) Image search: [Google]
Weezer Cycle.png
488 KB, 798x601
>>
Track titles are worse than the worst of raditude
>>
I'm glad Rivers finally accepted Pinkerton, maybe that's the reason their music has gotten much better
>>
Eh.
I mean, it's better than anything on EWBAITE
>>
>>61755406
It absolutely fucking is not.
>>
Pretty neat song I enjoyed listening to it thanks OP catch ya later
>>
next time i go to a heavily populated area im gonna count how many black haired chubby bearded dudes with glasses i can count.
>>
>L.A. Girlz
>>
I like it i think. I hold Weezer to the same standard the I hold my retarded brother.
>>
>>61755303
Seriously, most people have been complaining about weezer being shit since 1996, at this point they should just get in their heads they don't like Weezer.
>>
>>61755555
1. Why?
2. Nice quints
>>
>>61754720
srsly do you wanna get high was such a great song
>>
the mix is shit on the new single
>>
>>61755606
It's like an abusive relationship. You keep expecting them to change so you keep coming back
>>
>>61755555
Fucking quints of 5s, you legend
>>
I like it, sounds like the shittier songs on Pinkerton but not as good, which is actually decent.
>>
them lyrics though.
>>
Rivers would of been the Ric Ocasek of our generation, but had mild autism and instead became the Gary Numan.
>>
>>61755753
This t b h
>>61755773
they are not good, yeah, but the instrumentation is pretty good
>>
what the fuck is up with River's Twitter?
>>
>>61755555
quints acknowledged
>>
>>61755854
Has he finally lost the plot?
>>
>>61754766
This
>>
>>61755854
He's gone fucking mad
>>
>>61755854
he just tweets things people snapchat at him
>>
i kinda like it

people complaining about the lyrics shouldn't be listening to Weezer in first place
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cf1bnEb5Rs
>>
>>61755994
*about the lyrics being cheesy
>>
Video is fucking shit, song is great
>>
Is Rivers having a mid life crisis right now?
>>
>>61755994
well there's not much else going on with weezer's music? what are we supposed to focus on?
>>
Everything about this new album is looking so fucking bat shit insane. So I'm really in to it.
>>
TGFG: 7/10
DYWGH?: 8.5/10
KOTW: 8/10

decent shit so far (all these ratings are weezer/10 with 10/10 being blue and pinkerton)
>>
ITS ACTUALLY GOOD. WUT

Sounds straight from Blue era
>>
>>61756070
He's been having a mid life crisis since the Red Album
>>
>>61756181
TGFG was like 4 or 5. otherwise i agree
>>
I hope half of the tracks on this album sound like this and Thank God for Girls and the other half like Do You Wanna Get High? just to mess up with people's heads.
>>
>>61756215
lyrics were shit but music was pretty decent, the guitars were niiice
>>
File: weezer white album.jpg (114 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
weezer white album.jpg
114 KB, 2000x2000
White Album confirmed
>>
>>61756252
sounds like something rivers wold be up to. is that you rivers?
>>
>>61756181
TGFG: 3/10
DYWGH: 7/10
KOTW: 6/10
>>
It's like the 90s all over again. What is this craziness.
>>
Is rivers the most tragic musician?

>makes great album
>makes another great album but everyone hates it.
>goes into seclusion
>comes back with a bunch of iffy to shit/lazy albums.
>decides to start trying again and makes a decent album that old school fans don't hate
>now that people like him again theres too much pressure and he starts putting out shit again.
>>
>>61755947
^^

This.
>>
It's a pretty great song
>>
>>61756622
Weezer's my favorite band because being a fan is like being in the audience of the greatest theatre play.
>>
The harmonics and whoa-oh-oh's on this new track sound incredibly blue-album-esque
>>
>>61756736
The chorus has real pop to it.

If Rivers is good at one thing.
>>
>>61755555
CHECKED
H
E
C
K
E
D
>>
The problem with Weezer is that we all know who Weezer is. Weezer knows who Weezer is. Nothing about this single is worse than anything on, say, the green album, but like, Weezer is writing Weezer songs. Weezer isn't writing music, they're writing music we have come to expect to hear from Weezer.
>>
bland white people music
>>
If the lyrics werent garbage this would be almost as good as pinkerton tier
>>
Really enjoying the new single

it's a lot of fun
>>
This tracks pretty good, and after Weezers return to form with their last album I'm reasonably hype
>>
i didnt cringe so thats something
>>
>>61755359

Eh, everything great about Pinkerton was entirely accidental on Rivers part. At best, he's trying to imitate those qualities without really understanding them.
>>
>>61757341
Rivers had much better taste in much in the 90s. That helped
>>
>>61757341
i dont think it was accidental. he wanted to be brutaly honest and after it was panned, shunned it in embarrassment. And he was pulling inspiration from classical music and opera instead of pop music
>>
>>61756622
No. He has new fans. The people who like old weezer were old enough to be panning new weezer in their publications and magazines by 2003. The people who like new Weezer are going to be old enough to start revisioning history right around this year. It's just generational seclusion of opinions.
>>
File: Pinkerton.png (100 KB, 2991x315) Image search: [Google]
Pinkerton.png
100 KB, 2991x315
>>61757468
>i dont think it was accidental. he wanted to be brutaly honest

No, he didn't. Pic related
>>
At least this has a better mix than TGfG
>>
None of these new singles sound good, but I still love and listen to EWBAITE all the time
>>
>>61757575
Remember how bad Back to the Shack sounded before we got the album though? I'm really hoping this is another one of those situations
>>
>>61757563
I agree with most of that, but I still think it was intentional. He acknowledges that there is no resolution and that is is completely his fault. Also, great job using a /mu/ comment as your source .
>>
File: 1358823714196.gif (999 KB, 250x251) Image search: [Google]
1358823714196.gif
999 KB, 250x251
>>61757563
>he'll never own up to it
>album ends with him repeating "I'm sorry" over and over
>>
>>61757669
Back to the shack sounded shitty before &after we got the album. your point is?
>>
>>61757341
>Eh, everything great about Pinkerton was entirely accidental on Rivers part.
Which is why all the cut material intended for SFTBH is way better than most of Pinkerton, right?
>>
>>61757958
That it was a bad way of assuming the rest of the album was gonna be shitty at the time
>>
This will over shadow the beatles white albums place in history
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.