[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can one album be the best ever punk album, the best ever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: The Clash - London Calling.jpg (161 KB, 1429x1429) Image search: [Google]
The Clash - London Calling.jpg
161 KB, 1429x1429
How can one album be the best ever punk album, the best ever new wave album, and the best ever post punk album?

How was one band so damn good? How could one album be so perfect?
>>
>>61754166
Favorite song off the album? Mines gotta be either Death or Glory or Spanish Bombs. Classic album
>>
>>61754245
definitely train in vain
>>
>>61754272
Mah nigga, so you must be a Mick Jones kinda man. That would have to be my third right after those other two for sure
>>
>>61754245
London Calling
Spanish Bombs
Guns of Brixton
I'm Not Down

etc etc

Don't make me pick just one senpai
>>
london calling isn't punk you fucking dipshit
>>
>>61754354
Don't be an autist.
>>
>>61754354
I absolutely adore London Calling, but this anon is correct.
>>
>>61754354
3contrary5me
>>
>>61754166
>punk
Pink Flag
>new wave
Remain in Light
>post-punk
Deceit

What was so good about London Calling again?
>>
>>61754330
I know right...I forgot about Koka Kola too, so many classics on this
>>
>>61754245
The Card Cheat is monumental
>>
>>61754410
Or Rudie Can't Fail or Lost in the Supermarket or The Card Cheat

God damn I love this album.
>>
SHOOT HIS RIGHT PROFILE
>>
>>61754354
>being a genre autist

sit in the corner and think about what you've done, anon.
>>
>>61754452
NEMBUTAL
NUMBS IT ALL
BUT I PREFER
ALCOHOOOOOL
>>
>>61754408
>This Heat
I don't really think they qualify as post-punk anon
>>
>>61754354
gotta agree here.
>>
>>61754476
How do they not?
>>
>>61754435
It's one of the GOATs. We've listed like half the songs and they're all classics
>>
>>61754520
And on top of it all, what an iconic album cover too.
>>
Only song on the album I would question being someone's favorite is Brand New Cadillac. Everything else is a classic.
>>
>>61754498
They're more a industrial/experimental band imho
>>
File: pic related.png (3 MB, 2273x1663) Image search: [Google]
pic related.png
3 MB, 2273x1663
What band do i need to check next bros? I've been digging all of these albums lately, especially Pere Ubu as of yesterday. Are there any current experimental rock/post-punk bands similar to the ones in pic related that are exploring new territory in rock/punk?

>>61754498
>>61754632
agreed. they're one of those bands that has a completely unique sound of their own so people just label them post-punk cause of the time period.
>>
>>61755049
Can't go wrong with mewithoutYou and La Dispute.
>>
>>61755201
Are you memeing? I used to listen to those bands a lot but they have very little in common the the bands in my first post.
>>
>>61755318
They were more general recs than anything, although mewithoutYou are pretty experimental for a post-TSOPTC post-hardcore band
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.