[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I sat down and listened to his entire discography. I has listened
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: Bowie reactions.png (4 MB, 1894x2686) Image search: [Google]
Bowie reactions.png
4 MB, 1894x2686
So I sat down and listened to his entire discography. I has listened to albums here and there before, of course, but never through the man's whole career.

This is what I came up with.
>>
File: albumreactions.png (39 KB, 2444x378) Image search: [Google]
albumreactions.png
39 KB, 2444x378
>>61752635
Low > Ziggy Stardust > Station to Station > Blackstar > Hunky Dory > Lodger > The Next Day > Scary Monsters > Alladin Sane > Heathen > Reality > Young Americans > Heroes > Space Oddity > Outside > The Man Who Sold the World > Tonight > Earthling > Diamond Dogs > Let's Dance > Hours > Black Tie White Noise > Never Let Me Down > Pin Ups > David Bowie
>>
>Blackstar
>stick figure isn't dead from bloodloss

NIGGA
>>
I agree with most of this, except Never Let Me Down and Pin Ups, they're pretty fucking shit.
>>
>>61752664
He's clearly dying of cancer
>>
>>61752679
Never Let Me Down has Time Will Crawl and the title track, which are both very incredible songs. The rest of the album is shit.

Pin Ups is well produced and most of the covers are decently executed. The real reason it sucks is because Bowie does nothing interesting to warrant a cover version of any of those songs.
>>
Can we please discuss the embarrassing cover art for Reality
>>
>>61752743
I like it.

The worst cover art is easily Hours.
Let's Dance gets an honorable mention.
>>
Im almost done with his discography, like 4 albums away

His debut was a good, fun, well produced album. I liked it and I'll probably listen again.

This man has not released much bad music
>>
>>61752895
I wish I liked his debut, but I already don't like that Kinks style of baroque pop.

Worth listening to just to see where he started, but honestly I couldn't enjoy it at all.
>>
>>61752743
Reality's art is embarrassingly bad

I like it a little bit
>>
>>61752926
I honestly don't see how someone could really find it that displeasureful. It's a pretty easy listen, even if you didn't find it interesting it's not like painfully bad
>>
>>61752990
I really don't like those kind of novelty songs. I have no idea why.

It was the only album of his I struggled to finish.

Might also have had something to do with the context of what Bowie would go on to do later. Knowing that Ziggy, Hunky Dory, and even Space Oddity were coming on soon, I really felt like I was just wasting time getting into his proper discography.
>>
>>61753062
Did you listen in order? I should've
>>
File: bullshit.jpg (42 KB, 720x439) Image search: [Google]
bullshit.jpg
42 KB, 720x439
>>61752635

>So I sat down and listened to his entire discography.
>>
File: david bowie.png (59 KB, 626x481) Image search: [Google]
david bowie.png
59 KB, 626x481
>>
>>61754089
I did
>>61754114
Well, all of his SOLO work. No Tin Machine or Soundtrack stuff, though I've watched Labyrinth enough times. I'll check out Buddha in a little while.
>>
>>61754150
I'm gonna be pretty sad when I finish honestly.
>>
>>61754194
It is kind of sad, but then you go back through all the stuff you liked and realize how talented Bowie really was.

Re listening to Heroes now and honestly thinking I underrated it a bit.
>>
>>61754131
>hunky dory above ziggy heroes and low

opinion discarded
>>
Don't forget the one off singles, bonus tracks, and collaborations if you want to hear all his stuff.
>>
>like Lodger more than Heroes and Scary Monsters
>>
>>61754400
We listened to Lodger today on the /mu/ radio and it was a lot of fun. It's pretty underrated.
>>
>>61754261
Heroes is his 2nd best behind blackstar

Everytime I say blackstar is my fav I feel obligated to say I have proof of saying that before he died
>>
>>61754400
It's the second best of the Berlin Trilogy.
Red Sails is the jam of the century.
>>
Surprised nobody has listed "Lust for Life" as one of his albums, since he wrote most of the songs on it, apart from the lyrics.
>>
Just been listening to hours

Listened to about 75% of it until I realized I had shuffle play on
>>
>>61754620
It's okay anon, the album is equally mediocre no matter how the songs are arranged.

The good news is it's his last meh album.
>>
>>61754261
Yeah, listened to it and I think I'd rate it between Next Day and Scary Monsters. I must have been tired and/or Low distorted the rating a bit for me.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.