[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/noise/: Where the fuck is everybody edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 10
File: This World Is Not My Home 1.jpg (31 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
This World Is Not My Home 1.jpg
31 KB, 500x500
Kleistwahr - This World Is Not My Home (2014) [320]
>harsh noise
https://mega.nz/#!ZV0ggLRJ!oH-wCYN0VTmLkpWsowRexFS9rorpKw9PuZNpR33HAC0
>>
Is there a merzbow flowchart?
>>
Just got my electric violin yesterday. I have never played a string instrument without frets before, it's been super fun so far though. Running it through delays and distortion and modulation and making loops and stuff. Pretty fun so far.
>>
File: cover.jpg (66 KB, 215x215) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
66 KB, 215x215
>unironically listening to harsh noise
>>
picked up some equipment at a music flea market for the intention of selling on cl but I'm wondering if you guys could tell me anything about it, or if any of it could be used for the purpose of noise. thanks, here's the list:

-3 short 1/4 cables
-2 long ass 1/4 cables
-an art 343 equalizer
-mackie 403 mixer
-electric guitar (old not sure of make)
-two amps, one bumps
-flanger pedal

now I can use the pedal to the amp and it sounds cool but being a noob to all of this I'm not really sure how the rest of it should all go together. thanks for reading
>>
Who is the evanescence of noise?
>>
>>61752977
I Am a Lake of Burning Orchids.
>>
I'm here guys and i'm ready to talk about some FUCKIN industrial
>>
File: auras_2.jpg (127 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
auras_2.jpg
127 KB, 600x600
>Prurient & Regis collaboration
Sold!
>>
Anything good from 2016 yet?
>>
>>61752951
you can use all of that to make noise, all you need is a distortion pedal and maybe a delay

here's what i would do:

run one of the outputs from the mixer into one of the inputs for feedback

plug the guitar into another channel of the mixer through some sort of pedal chain involving at least distortion

take another output of the mixer and run it through another pedal chain (flanger, delay, etc.) then feed that into the working amp

take the headphone output (if it has one) of the broken amp and run it into a third mixer channel. plug in one of the cabled and then plug that into whatever

use the mixer to modulate the feedback from the first channel while throwing things and screaming at your guitar

record it onto an old tape player and then sell it on bandcamp for a pay what you want

then never post it anywhere because you are embarrassed
>>
>>61752951
>>61753488
also i forgot to mention but the equalizer should go out of the mixer and pedals and then into the amp imo
>>
>>61752069
>tfw new K2 and Kazumoto Endo
>tfw new Hijokaidan x Jun Togawa

Hold me bros

I'm seriously hyped

>>61753158
I like them but this is entirely true
>>
>>61753275
I've had difficulty finding much outside of the obvious. What is the most found object percussion focused industrial band you know of?
>>
>>61752069
they're all in 2015, OP.

Gotta be honest lads, I feel down and no music is making it better. Shit sucks.
>>61752350
there was one but it's sparse. Basically, just try 1930, Amlux, Venereology, and Hybrid Noisebloom. After that, if you like those, just keep exploring the rest of his discog.
>>
>>61753793
Any good releases so far this year?
>>
>>61753876
I haven't checked, I don't start keeping up with current year releases until Feb/March so there's more to check out. I do know Genocide Organ is releasing a new album. Kevin Drumm's released two albums for this year too, INTERFERENCE & January
>>
>>61754067
>Kevin Drumm's released two albums for this year too, INTERFERENCE & January
interesting, thanks.
>>
File: Full Autism With SCUMBAG.png (147 KB, 1075x574) Image search: [Google]
Full Autism With SCUMBAG.png
147 KB, 1075x574
>>61753876
>>61753793
Alright, I'm here.

>New releases?
I have some stuff coming in the mail. Two Rodger Stella tapes, and the last MACRONYMPHA retrospective set. Also, the STRANGE RULES (Label so should not be all caps I guess) batch.

Who else is going full blown autism this year? Pic very related (my music log sheet for 2016 so far).

Haven't listened to as much noise cause I've been insatiably consuming modular tutorials.

Might just say fuck all that and do MAX/Msp.

And yeah, considering getting the new Hospital Tape. I'll let you know in like 10 minutes.
>>
>>61754371
wow, I thought I was autistic. I applaud your dedication dude. how long have you been keeping track like that?
>>
>>61754598
Start of the year. I dabbled in it before and my memory is outstanding so this isn't a 'need to do' type thing. I'm really doing this to make a point to "friends" and people at parties to show them just how much media I consume, even when working 70 Hours a week.

Also, trying not to pirate as much music this year. If I'm going to download it, I'm going to listen to it and not just hoard files like the cunt that I am.

I guess the tape sold out? I'm not worried cause I just tried to order every tape in the IDES catalogue.
>>
>>61753488
>>61753508
thanks gangster
>>
>>61753579
Der Einsenrost
Test Dept.
Neubauten
Dissecting Table
Z'EV
Defektro
FM Einheit's collaborations
>>
File: folder.jpg (788 KB, 763x1200) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
788 KB, 763x1200
>>61754371
If you're interested in hearing more Carved Cross I have a rip of rehearsal tape here with is a good listen
https://mega.nz/#!DFViyJBS!Jyo_jkRncuqa1PARhXmfTNSgaW5MRcgu8g6UU5igckk

Futile Reflections Of A Failed Existence is a great tape as well
>>
File: Cygnus.jpg (65 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
Cygnus.jpg
65 KB, 700x700
Slowly making my way through all my Fag Tapes shit.

>Now Playing
CYGNUS
>>
File: Noise Owl.jpg (9 KB, 279x181) Image search: [Google]
Noise Owl.jpg
9 KB, 279x181
>>61754954
Thanks Sn ! I got all their tapes I think from On The Board. Great blog. Highly recommend. That said, you rec'd this material, I just found DL's there.

>>61754984
Me and you both. I have a ton of their tapes (2015 material) coming in the mail. Though according to PrurientBro...that could take quite some time....

Time is on my side this year as I have become the noise.
>>
>>61755088
Yeah, I've been following On The Board for a long time, got introduced to a lot of fantastic labels through it.
>>
>>61755088
Did you notice that some new material was put up pretty recently in the BigCartel store?
>>
File: FAG SHIRT FOR FAG ME.jpg (30 KB, 261x300) Image search: [Google]
FAG SHIRT FOR FAG ME.jpg
30 KB, 261x300
>>61755178
Did not know there was a big BigCartel until now. I went off the blog for my order.

Heath is on vacation in Sweden anyway (or that's what he said).

I do want this shirt now.
>>
>>61753342
Ahlzagailzehguh is doing good stuff on Collapsed Hole because of course he is. New tape from Patrick O'Neil / Skin Crime under his Scar Crowe moniker announced a couple days ago. Also upcoming on the label is a 3xCS Kakerlak box which will likely be amazing.
>>
>>61755321
I really want one of the box sets but I'm exceptionally poor and only have about $15 to survive for the next two weeks lmao
>>
File: Degrade Yourself.jpg (128 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
Degrade Yourself.jpg
128 KB, 700x700
DEGRADE YOURSELF
>>
>>61753331
Was it only a boomkat order? Did I miss the US order?
>>
File: Demoon Skirt.jpg (123 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
Demoon Skirt.jpg
123 KB, 700x700
DEMOON SKIRT
>>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<33333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333
>>
Does anyone have the new K2/Kazumoto Endo album? I only checked the archive, and I don't think it's on slsk yet. I admit I'm being a lazy fuck.
>>
>>61754954
Thanks for the rip. I was hoping to cop some tapes, though they're sold out. Its not often I come across interesting Australian noise stuff.

In other news, I was expecting some Luke Holland tapes, though they got returned to his address yesterday apparently
>>
>>61757244
As an Australian I am consistently dismayed at the utter lack of interesting music coming from my country.

Finland basically has a quarter of Australia's population but magnitudes more high-profile and low-profile musicians and artists doing wonderful things.
>>
>>61757404
>quarter
fifth m8
>>
>>61757404
I interviewed Nicola Moreton if you know her, and she was saying similar things, especially regarding promotion and venues. In my opinion, there's a lot of good things out there, its just hard to find them unless you're 'in the know', even then a lot of it is very much part of the DIY scenes we have

I don't have the whole interview uploaded right now, though here's a snippet if you're interested
https://vimeo.com/143709221
>>
>>61757925
Hey thanks a lot for this, super interesting.
>>
>>61758132
No worries man. One of my next projects is uploading the whole unedited video with commentary, so I'll post that here when its done.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.