[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does Yeezus get so much hate? I like it better than MDBTF
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
Why does Yeezus get so much hate? I like it better than MDBTF to be honest.

pls no bully
>>
the lyrics
>>
>>61749493
meme
>>
>>61749493
>inb4 it's shit
>inb4 only plebs dislike it
>inb4 no one actually gives a legitimate answer
>>
>>61749565
>inb4 no one actually gives a legitimate answer
already did: >>61749537

that's it, it'd be a great album otherwise. the lyrics are so bad on some songs "I'm In It" that it's hard to listen to. my only other complaint would be that despite Bound 2 being a great song, it doesn't fit with the rest of the album
>>
This album is pretty envelope pushing as far as mainstream hip hop is concerned. But yeah the lyrics are honestly pure shit. Some rappers get away with shit lyrics with a flow at least, this album has neither lyrics nor flows.
>>
Kanye has always been a great musician but not a great rapper. Since Yeezus is minimalist, he can't fall back on production value and since it's supposed to be "aggressive" he can't rely on lyrics either.
>>
>>61749493
Because the lyrics are terrible and the production isn't that interesting if you've listened to much hip-hop in a similar style for the last 10 years or so
>>
>>61749493
hands down best EP of last year. haters have a shit taste.
>>
There's some bad stuff on here and even the good stuff isn't amazing
>On Sight
A bit experimental and noisy. I like that but others might not. Also the lyrics are hilarious
>Black Skinhead
Fun but lyrics aren't great and it's mixture of punk and rap is very unappealing to sum
>I am a god
straight up edgelord and shit
>New Slaves
God Tier Kanye Song
>Hold My Liquor
Shitty singing and bad lyrics
>I'm in it
Really don't remember this one
>Blood on the leaves
Intense and great trap beat but the sample doesn't really work, the lyrics are silly and it goes on too long
>Guilt Trip
don't remember this at all
>Send it up
pretty good senpai
>Bound2
God tier
>>
>>61749644
Guess I'll go for this anon's idea

>On Sight
Beat is fun and driving, works as an opener but the lyrics are pretty awful
>Black Skinhead
Great beat, catchy, with decent lyrics
>I am a god
Not really a single good moment in this whole song...beat and lyrics are similarly dull
>New Slaves
Decent beat and lyrics are good if a bit hypocritical but not a fan of the second half
>Hold My Liquor
Can't stand the autotune and the lyrics again are just awful
>I'm in it
Literally 0/10...never heard worse lyrics from Kanye
>Blood on the leaves
Fantastic beat that is completely ruined by pointless autotune and awful lyrics
>Guilt Trip
nobody remembers this song
>Send it up
or this one
>Bound2
Beat is a nice change of pace, but again, lyrics are just average at best

Really don't like the album, if you can't tell
>>
>>61749599
that's the entire purpose of it being on the album though, he was trying to remind us after all those industrial sound songs that he can still be the "old kanye" people want to hear
>>
i like it better than MBDTF too anon. it's really amazing.
>>
Great production all round (accept perhaps for Black Skinhead, which sounds a bit thin)

I honestly think yeezus has some of Kanye's best lyrics. If you appreciate them in the context of what Kanye's trying to *do* with the album, they're fantastic: often funny, sometimes emotional, and, importantly, always interesting.
>>
>>61749639
Yeezus is an album, not an EP actually.
>>
>>61749802
that purpose doesn't make any sense and it doesn't make it's inclusion on the album a good thing
>>
>>61749855
Isn't black skinhead one of the best produced songs on the album?
>>
>>61749885
It makes perfect sense retard lol
>>
>>61749897
After hearing it compared to the SNL version I always thought it sounded really stripped back
>>
>>61749769
Keeping the train going

>On Sight
Lyrics are pretty wack, but still enjoyable. Great beat
>Black Skinhead
Catchy, weak lyricism
>I am a God
skip, pretty trash
>New slaves
probably the best lyricism on the album, not a fan of the beat though.
>Hold My Liqour
Not good, no reason to not skip
>I'm in it
see I am a God, utter rubbish
>Blood on the Leaves
If you don't mind the autotune this song is great. Don't really care for the lyrics as they don't stand out to much once the chorus, hard hitting beat whatever kicks in.
>Guilt Trip
I enjoyed this song, pretty good start to the song but it overstays it's welcome and the lyricism is forgettable at best
>Send it up
Enjoyable, wack lyrics but they're pretty funny. Reminds me of On Sight (not beat wise though)
>Bound 2
tied with new slaves for best lyricism on the album, pretty clever at points and while it stands out, it is the end track after all.

I like the album, but the mid part of it is rubbish. Hold My Liqour, I'm in it and I am a God are all pretty awful but I enjoy the rest of the tracks on the album. The lyrics can be a huge turnoff for some, but I don't mind them to much.
strong 6
>>
>>61749917
yea i wish all musicians i listened to would tack songs on the end of their new albums in the style of their older material to remind me that they can still sound like how they've sounded in the past

perfect sense
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.