[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to learn how to compose my own music, for just like 3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1452761229787.jpg (31 KB, 480x560) Image search: [Google]
1452761229787.jpg
31 KB, 480x560
I want to learn how to compose my own music, for just like 3 or 4 instruments. I have drums, a bass, and a guitar, I was thinking about getting a piano. The reason I need to learn how to compose, is because I want to learn how to write my own music. I'd prefer not having to learn how to write music, I know a little music theory though. I just want to have something to work with, so I can get some idea of how I can basically lay down my ideas. I want to be able to cohesively lay them out, because I have good ideas, but I can't seem to organize them.
>>
>>61748451
>I want to learn how to write my own music. I'd prefer not having to learn how to write music
okay, I know this sounded like a contradiction, but what I mean is, I want to write music as in make it and compose it, but I don't want to have to literally write it down on paper.
>>
>>61748451
Start or join a band.
>>
>>61748493
Not an option.
>>
>>61748451
Where is the picture from op?
>>
>>61748930
>Where is the picture from op?
some thread on /lgbt/
>>
>>61748451
Music notation is for organising ideas, so you'll have to either learn to write stuff down in your own way or learn musical notation. if you try to keep everything in your head you'll forget all your good ideas.

As for the process of composing, start by decomposing and recomposing a song - listen to something simple enough to get and try to lay out the track for each instrument, that works
>>
>>61748996
>try to lay out the track for each instrument, that works
what do you mean by this?
>>
>>61749034
Listen to a simple song and try to play it by ear. Listen and isolate the drums, then play the drums yourself. Rinse and repeat with each instrument. Now delete you cancer thread, this could have been solved with a google search. The best way to learn to write music is to fucking start writing music. You're just looking for excuses to postpone your failure, pick up your fucking instrument and get off /mu/.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.