[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to listen to this. what do I listen to before listening
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: D08-Beach-Boys-Pet-Sounds.jpg (97 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
D08-Beach-Boys-Pet-Sounds.jpg
97 KB, 600x600
I want to listen to this. what do I listen to before listening to this?
>>
>>61747703
you can just go right into it really, don't need to prepare yourself
>>
teenagers think Pet Sounds is some kind of experimental emotional masterpiece when really it's just The Beatles 2 Faggotronic Boogaloo

I'm 28 years old, I'm probably older than the majority of people on /mu/. I've studied music theory in college for five years. I play more than five instruments including guitar and violin. I'm part if a rock duo and I perform monthly at various places. We've been working on an album since 2014. I think I know what I'm talking about.

To all you Pet Sounds fags, how much music theory do you know? What instruments do you play? I'm guessing none.
>>
>>61747726
Dank
>>
>>61747726
can this be a new pasta?
>>
>>61747726

I've just heard good things about it and am only casually familiar with the beach boys. I'm sorry if my post triggered your autism, sir.
>>
>>61747726
i bet u dont even know who phil spector or george martin are
>>
>>61747765
>>61747779
it's a pasta guys

Also OP, just fucking listen to it
>>
>>61747765

It could be. take it to /tv/ quick and replace some words, we can do this.
>>
>>61747815

but should I listen to their other stuff first, I heard this is their eleventh album. would you say it serves as a good entry point?
>>
Listen to Rubber Soul first and see how much BW BTFO of The Beatles
>>
pet sounds are overrated af.
>>
>>61747846
It's their best m8, they don't have any other album like that, although the albums that came out around it are pretty good too, not just surf rock like their early work. So yes, go ahead and listen to it
>>
>>61747846
All their original albums are not really worth listening to... Start from "Today!" as that's where their lyrics and arrangements start becoming great... then skip to Pet Sounds and then go on until the 80's
>>
>>61747726
ayy lmao
>>
>>61747950
they still had some good songs before Pet Sounds, I'd do what you said but also the Endless Summer compilation (but skip Be True to Your School)
>>
>>61747980
They were pretty much a singles band before "Today!" listen to compilations and you'll get the feel for every album pre-Today!
>>
>>61747726
HA HA HA

YOU ARE VERY ORDINARY MAN
>>
>>61747726
I know this is a pasta but I have a bad feeling it originated from a real post by a real pretentious elitist faggot.
>>
>>61748081
It did. The person was talking about David Bowie.
But they're an idiot.
>>
>>61747703
Don't listen to this. Beatles were better.
>>
>>61748266
No, Pet Sounds was the original version.
>>
>>61747950
>All their original albums are not really worth listening to
Don't listen to this guy. All Summer Long is 100% worth anyone's time. The best of their early work imo
>>
>>61748041
This is so wrong. A compilation is good for a light stroke of their early material but every album from 1963 on deserves a listen eventually.
>>
>>61747726

This is like the /mu/ version of that "what did you say to me, you little bitch? I'm a Navy SEAL with over 100 personal kills" copypasta.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.