[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on pic related
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 5
File: post-malone-shareif-ziyadat.jpg (161 KB, 1600x1399) Image search: [Google]
post-malone-shareif-ziyadat.jpg
161 KB, 1600x1399
Thoughts on pic related
>>
he looks kind of like a white iverson
>>
looks like a chubby cunt, obsessed with how he appears

why, who is he?
>>
8/10 Nb I actually like most of all of his songs
>>
I really enjoy Post Malone. Too Young is fire atm. I will be a fan of his for a while.
>>
he used to write minecraft parody songs lol

>desu that makes him okay in my books
>>
i feel like saucin
>>
i like him. songs are all pretty good and he seems to have a cool attitude
>>
i have cried while listening to white iverson
>>
After multiple interviews he seems to be a great person that enjoys all types of music. You see him reppin all types of music
>can't wait for his country album.
>>
>>61729017
In a good way?
>>
MAN HIS SOUND IS SO SAUCY
>>
>>61728961
Post malone
>>
>>61728997
>>61729045
He seems like a chill dude that loves all types of music. Also his old minecraft videos are great. Dont like his current music but will for sure look out for his new stuff. solid 8/10.

https://vimeo.com/128336376
>>
>>61729055
yeah made me miss being a kid
>>
>>61729143
thanks for helping me confirm what I said
>>
utter trash
lyor cohen's plaything
>>
>>61729151
pure cancer
>>
>>61729151
GOAT
>>
Does anyone understand the "slumped over like a dead man" line in reference to the NBA, specifically Allen Iverson?

To me it sounds like a drug reference but every other line is about basketball, even if just slightly. Was Iverson known to slouch or something?
>>
>>61729233
this has been disproven, doubly so since he's now signed to Republic
>>
>>61728824
industry plant/10
>>
>>61729332
he wasnt referencing the NBA, or Iverson. he was just rhyming, i guess refrencing himself being slumped...like a dead man.
>>
when i started balling i was young
you gonna think about me when i'm gone
i need that money like the ring i never won

>damn
>>
>>61729371
i'm a fan but i think this has to be true.
how else did he blow up that fast. the only way it'd be possible if he hung around famous people or had huge street cred, but that doesn't seem to be the case. White Iverson lit up overnight
>>
fuck this hack
>>
>>61728824
watch out uh watch out uh watch out uh YEEEAAAAA

i like white iverson
>>
>>61729348
considering his manager & best friend is lyor cohen's son, not quite
>>
>>61729514
i think he got the drake boost on his insta
>>
>>61729623
yea he did but how did Drake find out about a nobody like him almost as soon as the track dropped?

Also i don't beleive Drake just shouts out tracks without being paid and/or told to.
>>
>>61729514
> the only way it'd be possible if he hung around famous people

this is what he claims happened

White Iverson was produced by FKi

one of their friends/ colleagues/ associates introduced Post Malone to them, saying he could rap, he came into the studio and they they were impressed

White Iverson was apparently the second song they made
>>
>>61729642
malone's manager has connections
>>
>>61729642
because it was produced by FKi

Drake also does just shout people out if he really likes a song
>>
>>61729514
label's are literally data mining twitter http://www.hypebot.com/hypebot/2014/02/lyor-cohens-300-to-use-big-data-for-an-ar-early-alert-system-with-twitter-deal-.html to find anything remotely trendy & popular to then secretly back & later sign
>>
>>61729642
drake is like brando in the godfather

if he shouts you out and you make it big enough, he'll call on you for a favor someday

asking to be paid money for everything is short sighted anon
>>
>>61729659
well that's plausible enough for me. that's a connection at least and anyone with major label experience would hear the song and know it was a hit.

i think the radio version is sped up when i hear it on the radio.
>>
>>61729735
thats pretty interesting, Lyor is a smart guy
>>
>>61729514
because your friend heard about it and showed you it and you clicked on it, and then posted it here asking what /mu/ thinks about it, and then all the idiots here clicked on it and showed their idiot friends.

its not rocket science fags.
>>
looks like stoner shia
>>
>>61729601
>considering his manager is lyor cohen's son

this literally is not true

his manager is Dre London
>>
>>61730558
https://twitter.com/az_cohen
>>
>>61728824
Yams got his birthmark removed using a risky but ultimately successful surgery perfected by the team doctor for the '91-'92 Utah Jazz, and no recognized him. "It's me!" he would protest, but the Mob would just laugh him off. He decided that he would use his newfound identity and rap game prowess to get back at the A$AP Mob for their post-operation insolence.

Thus was born Post Malone.
>>
>>61730584
well shit....

why is he signed to Republic then?
>>
>>61730599
he played us so fucking well
>>
>>61729967
>>61730584
Lyor Cohen is a sociopath who has had as much a negative impact on the music industry as any artist has had positive: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Txnfjhm746A
>>
>>61730668
right alongside jimmy iovine
>>
>>61730707
For real. Talentless leeches preying on naïve talent to suck dry
>>
whats the point of industry plants?
>>
>>61730668
like i said, hes a smart guy..
>>
White Kendrick Lamar 2bh flan
>>
>>61730740
their talents are in preying on the talent though anon

>>61730766
literally money
>>
File: readImage.jpg (25 KB, 575x323) Image search: [Google]
readImage.jpg
25 KB, 575x323
>>61730823
>>
this pic is from AZ Cohen's instagram a year ago

he was in the studio with Post and FKi

White Iverson was released Feb 5th

prior to this, Post had made some songs about Minecraft

I think Cohen had stumbled up on him, like his look and voice and thought he could create something commercial out of it
>>
shit tier music
>>
File: iversonlue21.gif (2 MB, 380x202) Image search: [Google]
iversonlue21.gif
2 MB, 380x202
>>61729384
>>61729332
homeboy on the ground
>>
>>61732367
haha awesome thank you for that. you got any more info and context?
>>
>>61728824
industry plant
>>
>>61732436
context of the gif?
iverson was playing the game of his life in game 1 against the lakers
iverson crossed tyronn lue over, dropped him, made the shot, and gloated by emphasizing a step over lue

it's also a drug reference like you suspect, as well as a "i'm working so hard i'm exhausted" line
>>
>>61732556
Iverson was so cool man. sucks he lost all his money to divorce and gambling.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI
>>
>>61732697
but also, the whole "i grew up with nothing, without everyone that was in my life i wouldn't be here" point of view a lot of athletes have ruin them financially
they feel as though they owe everyone something, so they start "loaning" people 100k
before they know it, they're broke
>>
>>61730599
>Implying Yams didn't become one with the lean because he was tired of A$AP.
>Implying he won't pop up like a force ghost anytime Gucci Mane gets his hands on codeine.
>>
>>61732867
yea that's gotta be tough. i know one guy on GSW is paying like thirty of his family member's phone bill.
>>
>>61732903
I mean, that's what actually happened :((
>>
>>61732903
whats the yams
>>
File: the powers that bee movie.jpg (39 KB, 316x316) Image search: [Google]
the powers that bee movie.jpg
39 KB, 316x316
>>61733283
duh
>>
>>61728824
Culture vulture who makes shit music.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.