[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well /mu/, what's your favorite Bowie song?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 3
File: planet earth to major tom.jpg (125 KB, 560x680) Image search: [Google]
planet earth to major tom.jpg
125 KB, 560x680
Well /mu/, what's your favorite Bowie song?
>>
Who Can I Be Now
>>
>>61696958
who's that beard guy?
>>
Life on Mars?
>>
God, it's really tough to make a definite choice, but I'd probably have to go with either Quicksand or Subterraneans
>>
Blackout
>>
5 years
>>
>>61697161
Taylor is that you?
>>
I didn't listen to Bowie until recently. I don't know why, even though I knew who he was, what his music sounded like, and some of his songs.
>>
Dance Magic
>>
Starman
>>
>>61697188
Yes
>>
Always Crashing in the Same Car
>>
>>61696958
generic choice,but I cant get enough of Sound and Vision

even though,tonight Sons of the Silent Age has blown my mind while revisiting Heroes
>>
Moonage Daydream, Life On Mars? or Quicksand (so far, I still haven't listened to his whole dicography.)
>>
It's No Game (Part 1)
>>
Rock N' Roll Suicide.

It always makes me want to play Ziggy Stardust again.
>>
Wide Eyed Boy From Freecloud
>>
5 Years or "Heroes"
>>
>>61697378
This
>>
"Heroes", Ashes to Ashes, or Station to Station
>>
Wild is the wind (i know it's not his song)
>>
V-2 Schneider
>>
>>61697362
my nigguh
I blast it in my car every day when I drive home from work
>>
File: 1452499318071.jpg (234 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1452499318071.jpg
234 KB, 600x450
Five Years
>>
>>61696958
>Well /mu/, what's your favorite Bowie song?
It's tough, but I would say Ground Control to Major Tom is my favorite.
>>
>>61697198
Take your time, start with the early albums listen to them with the respect they deserve then move onto the next one. I sincerely hope you experience the sense of wonder and pleasure i experienced from them starting over 30 years ago..often copied never equalled.
>>
>>61697506
I think you mean Space Odyssey
>>
>>61697340
Stop typing start listening
>>
>>61697564
O D D I T Y
>>
>>61697404
*those*
>>
>>61696958
I think it's China girl
>>
All of them. r.i.p.
>>
>>61697635
No need to be rude I was only trying to correct the mistake.
>>
>>61697697
Based answer, anon. Hugs.
>>
>>61696958
Modern Love
>>
>>61697651
Congratulations you have one this weeks edition of Pointless (however I do respect your decision)
>>
>>61697802
Not my favorite song but saw him on Serious Moonlight Tour this was the last song and a giant inflatable crescent moon rose above the crowd and split open releasing hundreds of smaller moons..magical unfortunately after 30 years mine has deflated.
>>
>>61696958
I wonder how Peter Schilling feels about people calling the song his song Major Tom was inspired by Major Tom.
>>
>>61697161
not surprised
>>
Do you think the Lazarus music video alluded to his imminent death? Do you think he wrote it while he was dying?
>>
lazarus or starman to be honest family
>>
moss garden, speed of life, a new career in a new town, warszawa

i love low
>>
File: CYcwmuLWEAAufKG.jpg (63 KB, 582x358) Image search: [Google]
CYcwmuLWEAAufKG.jpg
63 KB, 582x358
New Career in a New Town

made me completely break down after not having cried upon hearing the news

>>61697053
>>61697132
>>61697378
all of these as well
>>
>>61698463
it's fucking obvious it did dude
>>
>>61696958
Teenage wildlife, probably the best track on scary monsters desĂș
>>
'Tis a Pity She Was a Whore

Not memeing. I've been listening to that on repeat for hours.
>>
Was this the most artistic death of all time?
>>
what's your davorite favid bowie song
>>
>>61698463
>do you think
Literally all of his album is related to his death, he doesn't even allude to it, he isn't even subtle.
The guy was fighting cancer for 18 months and he knew that it was getting worse and worse, he knew he would die even though his co-workers said that he hated the idea of dying and really did not want to die.

In short, yes, he obviously fucking knew, that is the main reason why Blackstar is one of a kind album bundles with his death.
It's a strange album written by a guy that knows he will die, it's released on his 69th birthday which is an occult number in itself and he dies 3 days after Lazarus video is released.
His death and album together turn into this very strange occult art project.
>>
>>61696958
Rock and Roll Suicide.
>>
>>61698463
>Do you think the Lazarus music video alluded to his imminent death?
Literally everyone interview with the guys who worked on the album states that.
>>
>>61698570
I believe so, I am parroting this all the time but his death and album together are a fucking art project
>>
Width of a Circle
>>
I know its cliche but probably heroes
>>
>>61697802
mine too
this song is about accepting your (my) sexuality, to me.
>>
>>61698570
He's the master of reinvention, and he just performed the ultimate persona reinvention to coincide with his new album.
>>
Strangers When We Meet
>>
>>61698592
>dies three days after Lazarus is released
>Lazarus rose on the fourth day
>the fourth day, the day after bowie died, was a monday
>where the fuck did monday go?
Is this all coincidence or is he a genius?
>>
Beauty and the Beast
>>
>>61696958
Space Oddity
>>
Station to Station.
>Here we are, one magical movement from Keter to Malkuth
Crazy Bowie is the best.
>>
>>61699370
If the rumor is that this was somehow a slow assisted suicide then the latter. If he died coincidentally to make all these allusions come true then God confirmed a huge fucking fan of Bowie/is Bowie.

Favorite song is probably Man Who Sold the World.
>>
>>61696958
Starman.
>>
>>61696958
the one where he rapes an 11 year old
>>
>>61697289
Good choice
>>
The Belway Brothers.
>>
Heroes
>>
Ashes to Ashes. :'3
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8f_XCH3zmM
>>
GROUND CONTROL TO MAJOR TOM
>>
Soul Love
>>
>>61699586
I don't think it was assisted suicide, instead I think he died normally from cancer but had it so the news of his death wouldn't come out until after it coincides with all this stuff.
>>
Andy Warhol
>>
Right now Lazurus or I Can't Give Everything Away, but I usually say A New Carrer In A New Town
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.