[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WHAT'S THE MOST CONTRARIAN OPINION ON MUSIC YOU FUCKNIGGAS GOT?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 239
Thread images: 14
File: 1452532973445.jpg (74 KB, 601x595) Image search: [Google]
1452532973445.jpg
74 KB, 601x595
WHAT'S THE MOST CONTRARIAN OPINION ON MUSIC YOU FUCKNIGGAS GOT?
>>
david bowie is very bad
>>
kpop is good
it's what I listen to the most
>>
I like death grips. and will cry when zach dies
>>
Oasis is better than Radiohead
>>
The Beatles were bad and influenced no one.
>>
Kendrick is better than Kanye
>>
on this board? Pink Floyd is good
not on this board? Pink Floyd is bad
>>
there are better bands than Swans
>>
>justin bieber is an untalented little prick
>>
Joy Division has literally one good song (Disorder), the rest is between mediocre and terrible.
>>
Nine Inch Nails hasn't made a bad album.

Or song.
>>
The best musicals are better than /mu/core.

>>61693984
>influenced no one
This isn't an opinion, you're just incorrect.
>>
the chameleons are shit
>>
Kendrick Lamar isn't very good and I'm pretty sure he only has a career because people realized Kanye doesn't fulfill the role of socially conscious hip hop star anymore.
>>
Tupac and Notorious are overrated
>>
>>61693937
Music is good and not bad at all.
>>
>>61694056
>The best musicals are better than /mu/core.
but anon /mu/ likes nothing but broadway music (david bowie, beach boys' smile and van dyke parks)
>>
Pinkerton is trash
New Orders music was 4000x better than anything joy division produced
>>
>>61694044
>>61693999
>>61693984
>>61694056
>>61694066
ok how about we not make things up though. i'm all for being contrarian but none of this is opinions and none of this is true
>>
jj cale cantin2 blues
>>
>>61694106
that's a plebian opinion though, you want >>>/b/
>>
That Macintosh Plus is actually pretty good if you get past the jokes
>>
music is shit, i don't even like music, i just memorize which bands/albums to namedrop in order to impress people
>>
>>61693954
What about Stefan and Andy?
>>
Bowie was an overrated hack more known for his wild appearance than his talent at composing or perfoming. He was a trendhopper who basically ripped off other shit that was going on around him and watered it down for a mainstream audience. His few good albums were collabs with more talented musicians like Eno.
>>
>>61693937
on this board: pitchfork is bad
>>
J cole is overrated. Hes boring and doesn't bring anything to the table that makes him different or unique. Hes a clean slate and definitely lacks the ability to have good character.
>>
Literally everything said so far in this thread is true.
>>
most artists regarded as IDM are inferior to the early dance music artists that influenced them
>>61694059
*unsheathes twin katanas*
>>
>>61694227
This is a pretty common opinion. Especially here.
>>
>>61693937
You can't have a valid opinion about music if you don't know at least basic theory or play an instrument.

This is a fact.
>>
>>61694243
unpopular opinion: all of the music you listen to is shit
>>
>>61694243
Aphex is better than almost every modern IDM artist
>>
>>61693937
Kendrick Lamar is one of the most boring rappers out right now, whereas Future, Drake & Young Thug are way more entertaining and deserving of the collective dickriding that Kendrick recieves.

Metal for the most part sucks and the people that listen to it as a primary genre (meaning they don't explore much outside of it) are probably neckbeards.

Vaporwave is a meme and should be treated as such

Bowie is overrated, Blackstar was a decent album but not much more than a 3-3.5 out of 5. If he was still alive, there would be maybe one or two Blackstar threads a day until a few weeks go by, now we will never hear the end of it.

Dance music is for normies

Taylor Swift worship is a direct result of waifuism on /mu/ and has opened the floodgates for people who listen to top 40 pop and think it's actually deep or meaningful.
>>
>>61693944
yeah he's such a bad boy umpf
>>
>>61694243
Aphex is much better than any modern IDM artist
>>
>>61693944
/thread
>>
Captain beefheart and his magical band made the best album of all time; trout mask replica
>>
henry cow are shit
>>
All music with a pop structure is bad art, including any and all refrains.
>>
>>61694338
But Henry Cow is LITERAL contrary music not joking
>>
i dont like any arcade fire albums except for the suburbs, but i do like antichrist television blues

black metal is dean blunt's best work

makeout videotape is better than anything mac demarco has done solo, and his best solo album is rock n roll nightclub
>>
Not sure if it's a contrarian opinion but granted that I think they are still a very good band, I find Radiohead overrated. So like for example people praised Radiohead pulling a DJ Shadow with cutting/mixing the drums on Airbag, but unlike DJ Shadow who makes completely cool new percussion parts like that Airbag still ultimately had generic rock drums it just seems pointless. Also praised in a book I read was the way the bass does the start stop thing in the song like Dub music does, but has no really groovy basis to do that with which would make the music a lot more interesting. Again I think using both concepts was cool from them but they really didn't do next level things with them not making the the greatest band ever that they get the level of praise for being.

Kid A is pretty cool though for bringing back Krautrock in a way despite not pulling the kind of sophisticated electronic stuff that was done by the likes of The Avalanches, Ricardo Villalobos, Aphex, etc. in the very same decade.
>>
>>61693937
Most hip-hop is awful. Even the best hip-hop music is littered with cheesy bullshit, lack of originality and imagination, and cringeworthy cliches. Yeah there's a lot of great stuff in there too, but the genre could be so much more than it is.
>>
>>61694282
what if our tastes overlap?
>>61694307
>>61694283
agree with this
>>
>>61694243
>The Orb is better than Aphex/BoC/etc.
I can dig this.
>>
>>61694272
Can you have a valid opinion on how food tastes if you've never cooked?
>>
>>61694298
>Future, Drake & Young Thug are way more entertaining and deserving of the collective dickriding that Kendrick recieves.
>Dance music is for normies

Pick one
>>
Metal fucking sucks.
>>
File: 1451470064808.jpg (360 KB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
1451470064808.jpg
360 KB, 2592x1944
Jazz is garbage with almost no redeeming qualities
>>
>>61694342
>pop structure
You mean like verse-chorus-verse-bridge-verse-chorus, right?
>>
>>61694298
>Future, Drake and Young Thug
If you're over the age of 16 and you like that shit you need to grow up. It's kid's music, big time.

>>61694342
I really would like to hear you explain this opinion...
>>
>>61694478
what do these numbers even mean
>>
>>61694298
sadly the Blackstar things probably true. I think it's cool how he did the whole thing but also Jesus fuck do we need a thread about it every hour
>>
LCD Soundsystem is party music for people who have never been to a party.
>>
Anything that isn't avant garde isn't good
.>>61694342
I also agree with this one.
>>
>>61694492
>If you're over the age of 16 and you like that shit you need to grow up
I'm almost 28
>>
From 1968-2001, George Harrison was more talented and objectively BETTER than his bandmates
>>
>>61694243
Somewhat true somewhat nah. If Villalobos is considered IDM then he's definitely better than 99.999999% of the dance music artists that influenced him. If Villalobos is not considered IDM ignore this post (he honestly goes more under Mircohouse I think.)

Despite that I like albums like James Holden's The Inheritors where there's definitely very interesting stuff being done while still having the emotion and danceyness of dance music.
>>
>>61694547
Then grow up
>>
joanna newsom would be a lot better if she stopped trying to be ethereal and the manic pixie girl of music

get rid of the harp, woman
>>
pet sounds is a very mediocre and dated album and the beatles were far better and had more influence
>>
>>61694510
Ikr, how can u rate an opinion? Its like if i reviewed Anthony fantanos latest video
>>
>>61694563
What artists do you suggest for me to begin with?
>>
>>61694548
i agree on the talent part, as do many people.
>>
>>61694576
Shut up, the harp is the best thing about her music
>>
Linkin Park were, in their prime, a very innovative, unique and influential band whose debut will more than likely stand the test of time.
>>
>>61694588
Travi$ Scott is similar to them but better in every way imo
>>
first val halen album is better than all of mu-core and tom waits is just makes stupid cabaret music
>>
>>61693984
>influenced no one
That's not how opinions work. You're stating something that is either objectively true or objectively false, opinions are for subjectivity.
>>
>>61694423
Your argument is completely irrelevant.

If you don't eat you'll die. Your criticism comes in the form of a necessity. There's also very few discerning opinions about cooking unless we're eating delicacies.

Music is completely objective to the expertise of the musician and the listener IF they know the process that preceded the work.
>>
>>61694662
>Travi$ Scott is similar to them but better in every way imo
Travi$ is good but Future is infinitely better, there's a reason he bit his style so hard.
>>
>>61694547
how can you take that music seriously?

like what could possibly be interesting or respectable about it?
>>
>>61694423
Nope.
>>
I've got plenty.
Hip-hop is crap.
Moaning over simplicistic synths doesn't make good music.
Pet Sounds is boring as fuck.
The Kinks were the best band to come out of Britain in the Sixties
McCartney solo career >>> Beatles' entire work
>>
>>61694725
why does it have to be taken seriously? why does it have to be respectable? there are other ways to enjoy music
>>
>>61693984
>The beatles were bad
I agree. I find no enjoyment in their music at all personally.

>and influenced no one.
wrong. They have had a massive impact on modern music. That is not arguable.
>>
>>61694662
Travis scott is a fucking unoriginal hack, u told this guy to stop listening to future even tho travis stole future's ad lib 'straight up'.
>>61694588
Listen to kid cudi or kanye west if u want someone more artistically valuable
>>
>>61694701
I didn't ask whether or not you will still eat I asked if you can have an opinion on if the food tastes good.
>>
>>61694298
>Dance music is for normies
How? That's such broad terminology that it includes shit ranging from noisecore to industrial techno, both of which are definitely not normie. Hell, the entire genre of techno is fairly normie-unfriendly.
>>
>>61694725
I enjoy it in the same way that I enjoy action films. Plus it's a lot more fun to get fucked up to than it is some depressing indie shit, etc.
>>61694773
>Listen to kid cudi or kanye west if u want someone more artistically valuable
I already listen to Kanye, fuck Kid Cudi though.
>>
>>61694298
>Taylor Swift worship is a direct result of waifuism on /mu/ and has opened the floodgates for people who listen to top 40 pop and think it's actually deep or meaningful.
lol newfag doesn't remember /t&s/ or /gaga/ worship
>>
First Alien Ant Farm record is dope
thats just me wearing my nostalgia glasses though
also radiohead sucks
>>
Capital 'n' Noise actually does constitute music
>>
>>61694794
>fuck kid cudi
Yea his last album was terribad but as long as u avoid anything related to rock from him, his music is pretty solid
>>
>>61694588
Kanye, Kendrick, MF DOOM, Pusha T, Aesop Rock, Earl Sweatshirt, Deltron 3030, Death Grips, Bones, Nujabes, and Nas.
>>
I don't know if my opinions are contrarian or not, because i don't pay attention to other people's opinion, and i'm pretty out of touch with any music scene despite listening to music, new and old non stop.
I guess my opinion on modern music is that it's becoming more intricate, composed in the classical sense, and that's a good thing.
I just hope i can do my part in fueling the next musical revolution
>>
>>61694747
fair enough

but if those artists don't make you roll your eyes with their lack of originality and general corniness i dunno what to say. some of it is so unintelligent it makes me cringe.

i agree with the basis of your argument here, but i just find these guys make embarassing music. Nickelback and the backstreet Boys are probably more talented.
>>
>>61694890
>bones
That made me chuckle.
>>
>>61694938
that's fine, I actually have no idea who we're even talking about, that's just a point I feel strongly on so I interjected like a faggot
>>
>>61694966
Better than Young Thug.
>>
>>61694669
are you my dad
>>
Arctic Monkeys albums
>(1) Suck it and See
>(2) WPSIATWIN
>(3) AM
>(4) FWN
>(5) Humbug

Fite me
>>
>>61694778
yes but it is different
>>
If music is old and sounds old, I can't take it seriously.
>>
>>61694787
I guess I should've been more clear on what is and isn't dance music. I don't mean techno as a whole, but rather the type of shit they play in clubs.
>>61694806
I've been here two years, it might not be the longest time, I may have missed both of those general threads. I bet /gaga/ was pure waifuism and /T&S/ may have had some musical discussion, I bet it was probably just like the newer waifu threads where people just talk about feet and how they want to fuck <insert artist name>.
>>61694883
I just never saw anything outstanding in Cudi, I just don't think he's for me.
>>61694890
So basically everything I listened to before I decided to be open minded towards hip hop and give mainstream shit a chance? (Exclusions would be Bones although he's okay, Earl's newest album is decent, but lol if you think that's something considered "grown up", and Kendrick only because he wasn't putting out music when I was 16.)
Literally everything else on there I already have been listening to. I never stated I only listen to modern trap music as far as hip hop is concerned.
>>
Benji and TPAB are some of the worst albums I've ever heard.
>>
>>61695013
all of their albums are bad so rankings dont really matter
>>
>>61694998
Yea but bones is just nowhere near the caliber of the other rappers u listed. It just looks funny
>>
>>61694998
>>61695090
He really isn't though.
>>
File: 14457107asd52295.webm (2 MB, 650x600) Image search: [Google]
14457107asd52295.webm
2 MB, 650x600
>>61693950
>bizarro contrarian
>>
>>61695050
I can see why you'd think that about Benji. Mark Kozelek's voice is very polarizing and to many people sounds very dull and just bad in general...

TPAB though, I don't see how you can think it's the worst. Not liking it is fine, but worst thing you've ever heard? That's pretty harsh.
>>
>>61695090
True
>>
>>61694531
hilarious and true

>>61694588
MF DOOM and some Kanye is really the only hip-hop I didn't eventually grow out of and find cringeworthy.

>>61694794
I agree with the basis of your argument but I find that music too blatantly cheesy... I guess I feel the exact same way about most action movies. It's the same reason I can't believe people like WWE.
>>
>>61695050
Have you heard the album speeding bullet to heaven? Cuz if u have then thats a bold statement
>>
>>61694992
point noted.

>>61695019
why? because people like to get high on their own ass over the music they like and not the food or smells or colours they like? is that why?
>>
>>61694555
IDM is pretty much a meaningless term, so it depends on your definition of it. To me, IDM is house/techno intended for home listening, rather than the dance floor. Villalobos might turn off some listener because of his focus on repetition, but still his music is very much rhythm oriented, not to mention that he doesn't really sounds like any of Warp's IDM collection
>>
>>61695178
>I find that music too blatantly cheesy
I used to feel the same way but I got tired of only listening to what people call "real hip hop" and decided to say fuck it and give it a chance again. Something clicked for me, to each their own I guess.
>>
>>61695194
Yeah, it is awful. I think most everyone agrees on that though.
>>
>>61695253
I agree with u, a better example though is "so you're saying you have to make movies in order to have an opinion on them?"
>>
>>61695138
I have a contrarian waifu too
guess who
>>
>>61695406
No shit. My point is how can u say tpab is worse than speeding bullet to heaven?
>>
>>61695506
I didn't say TPAB was worse. I said TPAB was one of the worst albums I've heard. At no point did I say that Speedin Bullet was better. Speedin Bullet is worse. My apologies for not explicitly stating that.
>>
>>61693965
>>61693993
both pretty arguable if you base it on the average quality of each artist's projects, Radiohead and Kanye respectively have serious duds in their discogs
>>61694548
true
>>61694576
Joanna Newsom is just flat-out mediocre, nothing more to it
>>61694669
agreed, Tom Waits is super-trash
>>61694901
in the same boat here. I'm so far removed from what other people think in pop culture and such that my opinions are coming to be more and more my own with each passing year. I'm just a "gamma" spectrum kind of guy, so music is a very personal journey for me.
>>
Music is subjective
>>
Having acess to only underground music, would be better than having acess only to songs that reached or will reach top 50 (song, albums, eps, week, month, decade or century) on usa, uk, japan and my country of birth
>>
666 is the best progressive rock album ever made.
>>
anco are actual shit
>>
>>61695302
>To me, IDM is house/techno intended for home listening, rather than the dance floor.
I agree on the dance floor/home listening thing, I don't know enough about electronic genres to say anything about it being house/techno though.

What would some examples? When I think of house and techno, I imagine some European club with people dancing. Am i missing out on a shitload of good stuff (probably)? What would you rec for someone who's into entry level IDM (RDJ's work, Autechre, BoC, Squarepusher)?
>>
>>61696260
You can start by listening to the artist who inspired the aforementioned IDM artists(especially Aphex)
LFO, The Orb, 808 State, KLF
Also if you want to get into techno/house you should look into the original scenes where those genres emerged, Detroid for techno and Chicago for house
69/Carl Craig, Jeff Mills, UR and Robert Hood for techno OGs
Frankie Knuckles, Mr. Fingers, Ce Ce Rogers and Ten City for house OGs
>>
>>61693937
holy shit that's one ugly frog
>>
Thriller is terrible, and Michael Jackson is bad in general
>>
Metal is just plain and objectively bad. Music is meant to sound good and metal- universally- sounds ugly. There are no good metal songs, and all listeners are gay scene kids, neckbeards, or people who are straight up unintelligent.
>>
>>61694773

>Cudi

So this was bait the whole time?
>>
>>61696772
saved all of this for future listening. I've listened to LFO and and odd KLF track here or there but that's about it. Thanks for the recommendations, this will be fun for me to delve into something I wouldn't have probably done on my own.
>>
U2 is the greatest band of all time. Influence, success, longevity, sound, versatility, in every aspect.
>>
>>61695342
i dunno who you mean by "what people call real hip-hop" in particular but yeah i can hear what you mean

>>61695450
i agree. or you can only have an opinion on a book if you've written one
>>
>>61697030
Pretty harsh condemnation.
>>
>>61697183
>"what people call real hip-hop"
90s shit, conscious hip hop and "underground"/backpacker artists (see. Aesop Rock, RTJ, etc.) Also used by people who put a ridiculously strong emphasis on technical skill (see fans of Tech N9ne, Strange Music, etc).
>>
File: 1440700246977.jpg (242 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1440700246977.jpg
242 KB, 1280x720
Chocolate Starfish and The Hot Dog Flavored Water is a fun album.
>>
>>61694890

Don't forget Blue Scholars, faggot.
>>
>>61697166
UGHH!!!!
>>
>>61697217
Metallic gay fag detected
>>
>>61693937
Radiohead is overrated garbage (except Amnesia, which is mediocre)
DSOTM is mediocre garbage
>>
>>61693937
If music is made to be danceable then it is bound to be of less richness and aesthetic compromise than music made to be contemplated so to speak.
>>
>>61694272
What if its music made by people who can't play an instrument or don't know basic music theory?
>>
Paranoid was a mediocre Ozzy-era Sabbath album, and Vol. 4 was much better.
>>
>>61693993
I don't respect anyone who thinks otherwise tbqh

Kanye is a massive hack
>>
Eric Clapton is overrated trash and cant write for shit.
>>
Sonic Youth have never made anything beyond "kind of good".
>>
>>61697448
Truly and overrated bluesman. I only respect him for his influence (Cream) and his picking technique (very consistent and almost distinctive). He can't write good music, and he barely has emotions.
>>
>>61697448
>>61697516
Cocaine is a GOAT tier song to blow some lines to though, can't explain why, could be because I'm on drugs whenever I listen to it, but yeah.
>>
/mu/core is a lot better now than it was in 2009
>>
File: 1452058144226.png (309 KB, 426x404) Image search: [Google]
1452058144226.png
309 KB, 426x404
>>61694669
>>
>>61696989
he is bad
really really bad
>>
>>61695013
>humbug at 5
are you even trying?
>>
>>61694531
>>61694548
>>61694307
true as fuck
>>61694342
explain further pls
>>
Drake shouldn't be referencing his wrist work, because he's never made crack, smoked crack, sold crack. tl;dr: Viper meme
>>
Not baiting, the vast majority of /mu/ has worse taste than mainstream audiences. Not that I like mainstream music, but at least it's coherent and not random "so deep about evil of humanity!!!!" Death Grips bullshit. /mu/ is simply unable to appreciate simplicity in music, I don't mean shallow mainstream pop, I mean intentionally minimalist, modern singer songwriter stuff.
>>
in the wake of poseidon is better than in the court of the crimson king
>>
File: cover.jpg (84 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
84 KB, 500x500
>>61698235
>making this post while the official albumeme of /mu/ is pic related
>>
>>61698448
I've literally never seen someone I'm here say anything positive about that album. The best I've ever heard about it from /mu/ is
>overrated but not too bad

It's like the only important thing to 90% of /mu/tants is how scary their music would sound to a random passerby on the street.
>>
>>61698235
Most mainstream audiences don't have taste of their own, they're just spoonfed top 40 songs.
>>
>>61698584
yeah, and that's because the last few years it became contrarian for /mu/ to hate it, and in this specific board we are suckers for contrarianism
>>
>>61698584
Okay, I love the album. Good enough?
Oh Comely is pretty bad though.
>>
>>61694548
mccartney is a MUCH better vocalist. not even comparable. also paul and john are better lyricists.
>>61694342
you can say it is generic but you cant say it is bad. many of rembrandt's paintings are just portraits of people but if you cant see his genius in them then im sorry for you
>>61693999
nice trips. this was true until a month ago. recently though many people here start appreciating them
>>
>>61698721
At least there's an ounce of sincerity in their liking for a song- because it sounds good.
People on here will convince themselves otherwise, and say they just have really good taste, but 95% of posters are more concerned about using music as a fashion statement than genuinely enjoying it.
>>61698737
Exactly my point. It's not about what music you do and don't like, it's about what music other people like, and whether they're part of the mainstream or not. Eventually it becomes like the Fibonacci Sequence of Contrarianism. /mu/ likes the album because it's not mainstream, contrarians dislike it because it becomes to popular among other contrarians, and so on.
>>61698751
I'm glad you actually enjoy it, that's good.
>>
>>61694243
Yeah, I agree. After IDM started ripping Jungle/dnb I got a lot less interested in it, was much better when it was an extension of techno and early breakbeat hardcore - post 2001 "IDM" is a travesty. I like Aphex but even he's stronger as a dance producer.

I do think Autechre deserve their acclaim though, maybe I stayed interested in them because they always kept their hip-hop roots.
>>
>>61694938
It's fine that you don't like Young Thug, but it irks me when people dismiss him as "unoriginal"
>>
My Little Pony has killer some pop songs on par with 80% of current pop music
>>
>>61697448
i agree, additionally Dire Straits is underrated as a blues outfit and has several good albums

>>61697396
Vol 4 is a great album, but side B of Paranoid is better
>>
>>61694656
i actually agree with this
>>
I like Taylor Swift
>>
>>61694342
b-but dirty projetors
>>
>>61698235
>not random "so deep about evil of humanity!!!!" Death Grips bullshit.
AHAHA DG is literally 2deep4u. How do you miss the point this hard? Holy shit, read a book.
>>
File: 1452352785803s.jpg (3 KB, 98x125) Image search: [Google]
1452352785803s.jpg
3 KB, 98x125
>>61694059
>>
>>61699636
That's why you're my favorite
>>
if hip-hop didn't exist, the world would be a better place.
>>
File: A Momentary Lapse Of Reason.jpg (318 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
A Momentary Lapse Of Reason.jpg
318 KB, 1000x1000
>>61693937
I actually fucking love this album
>>
>>61700666
hmm
>>
Unwound are just okay
>>
Bonobo is shit
>>
>>61694510
The numbers Mason
>>
ITAOTS is literal garbage
>>
>>61703583
I will find you and murder you
>>
>>61693993
this isn't contrarian it's just straight up right
>>
>>61694192
they're already dead
>>
File: 1452571728405.gif (3 MB, 480x374) Image search: [Google]
1452571728405.gif
3 MB, 480x374
Funeral is my least favorite Arcade Fire album.

>>61694059
You deserve eternal damnation.
>>
>>61693937
The only good music to ever come out of the United States EVER regardless of genre and era is black music from the early xxth century to somewhere around 1975 and that's it THAT'S IT
>>
>>61698273
This is true.
>>
>>61701336
I can appreciate divison bell but this one is so weird to me. Maybe ill check it out again
>>
Aphex Twin is pretty bland, even though I like the genre of music he makes. Never understood the hype.
>>
>>61700666
ok satan
>>
>>61699068
>on par with 80% of current pop music
that's not an achievement
>>
a lot of mainstream pop songs are good :^)
>>
File: dubsgook.jpg (35 KB, 460x288) Image search: [Google]
dubsgook.jpg
35 KB, 460x288
>>61693944
DUBS CONFIRM
>>
Death Grips is shit
TPAB is Kendrick's worst of his 3 studio albums

Both real opinions of mine
>>
>>61694806
>/t&s/ worship

Possibly /mu/'s most embarrassing moment
>>
Vauxhall and I is better than any Smiths album
>>
Any album described as "Indie" is more about the aesthetic of being alternative than about any other themes presented on the album, and is thus artistically juvenile. This doesn't include independently produced albums, just the weird collection of genres described as "Indie".
>>
>>61693944
was
>>
>>61699068
not since 'This Day Aria' desu senpai
>>
>>61707239
>Not Kill Uncle
You dun goofd
>>
>>61698235
Am I the only person who doesn't meme about Death Grips and just loves the way they sound? I don't listen for hurr durr 2deep4u that you're taking the piss on here, I just love their experimental sound. Surely you can understand some people also like to listen to them for similar reasons to punk and metal as well, due to their energy.

And I can appreciate singer songwriter stuff to, just recently I've been getting into traditional folk like the Water Wheel.
>>
Pop is the logical conclusion to music
>>
99.9% of hip-hop is intellectually and musically void trash, and this board is infested with apologists who hold it to a lower standard because it's made by black people
>>
Women are objectively better vocalists
>>
File: 1440895722747.jpg (15 KB, 293x179) Image search: [Google]
1440895722747.jpg
15 KB, 293x179
>>61708618
>apologists
and your opinion goes right in the incinerator
>>
>>61708641
What's wrong with the word "apologist"? I was referring to people apologizing for the comparatively poor quality of hip-hop
>>
>>61695194
SB2H was album of the year I've I kid u not listened to it in its entirety about seven times maybe eight and love it more and more every time fuck all of you
>>
>>61695450
No, but you need to have atleast a basic understanding on how they're made and what it takes to make an excellent movie otherwise you really have no idea what you just watched and are quite literally a pleb.
>>
>>61697550
It's not Clapton's song though
>>
>>61694806
>/t&s/
newfag here
wat?
>>
>>61694192
literally who
>>
Black rappers are fucking garbage.
>>
>>61703583
It's not literal garbage though, it has good songwriting but really shitty production and composing. It has some good points but is definitely way overrated and pretty forgettable all in all
>>
>>61707399
this
>>
>>61708602
This is like saying pictures of food are logical conclusion to art
>>
>>61694470
go back to your studio Steve
>>
>>61693954
Not really contrarian, more just super pleb
>>
My favorite genre is probably babymetal but i also really like kpop jpop and anime soundtracks. Some of my other jams are chiptunes and video game soundtracks and remixes of video game music. But babymetal is better than all of it.
>>
I only listen to bands that dont have a Wikipedia page
>>
music and art in general should only be used as propaganda to boost morale and inspire admiration for one's own culture.
>>
Fall Out Boy's first LP (Take this to your grave) is a masterpiece
>>
>>61708914
I heard a song from that album at someone's house a couple weeks ago and have secretly kind of wanted to give that album a listen. It hasnt gotten stuck in my head bad enough to actually do it yet.
>>
>>61708903
Likewise, but only as propaganda to boost proletarian morale and inspire world revolution. Under the workers state art will be used only to herald in full communism.
>>
>>61693944
hell be fine
>>
>>61708942
Oh ho ho and to you mister
>>
>>61708903
> he doesn't believe in free speech in art
What are your opinions on other media like the news or television for example?
>>
>>61693937
Jazz is fedora

Dance Punk is stupid

OK Computer is the only good Radiohead

Most Electronic classics have aged poorly

Most modern rappers that are praised, the prime example being Kendrick Lamar, are just as cringeworthy as Hopsin

Vaporwave is enjoyable but if you ever admit that to someone or listen to it too much you're fedora
>>
>>61694298
The rappers you listed only got more popular in some instances because memes
>Young Thug's unintelligible singing
>Drake's dancing
And those are the most "normie" rappers out there
>>
>>61694298
>Dislikes Kendrick
>Likes Future, Drake & Young Thug

Oei...
>>
>>61709006
>Most Electronic classics have aged poorly
like what?
>>
>>61709060
Literally go to the /mu/ essentials chart, most of them have aged badly
>>
If you don't listen to and appreciate all major genres, you don't listen to music
Condemning a whole genre is the most pleb thing you can do
>>
>>61709138
just checked the chart, i think a few have aged very well
>>
>>61693937
Hip-hop is a shit genre which is mostly consumed by people with no taste or demonstrable knowledge of music, especially in the mainstream

Of all the possible stereotypes of ignorant fans, hip-hop/rap fans beat out punks, metalheads, tweefags, and everything in between
>>
>>61709185
Fedora
>>
>>61709217
some of them have aged well but alot have not

Like SAW is still a good album but I feel like I would have enjoyed it a lot more if I listened to it when it was released (and wasn't you know an infant)
>>
>>61709221
he's right, though.... condemning an entire genre is def pleb as fuck

see this faggot for instance
>>61709218
>>
>>61709246
Yes but if he doesn't condemn entire genres that means he must listen to Jazz and Jazz is fedora so he's fedora.
>>
Everyone on here is stupid but me
>>
>>61709239
idk, most dance older music sounds fine to me, but it could be because some of it hasn't "advanced" as much and even newer releases in the genre still hold onto the classic tropes (like techno and house. that lfo album still sounds fresh to me, same with stuff like mills or craig or hood)

some sound of their time, but i don't know if that that means they aged poorly - just that they have a particular timestamp (like the goldie album or the tangerine dream one). saw 85-92 still sounds good to me, but i get what you mean - orbital 2 is another ambient techno album from that era that aged a little better imo. personally i can't believe tri repetae is 20 years old.
>>
File: b8_destroyer.gif (54 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
b8_destroyer.gif
54 KB, 625x626
>>61709271
>>
>>61709221
Found the pleb
>>
File: 1452411313639.jpg (93 KB, 850x506) Image search: [Google]
1452411313639.jpg
93 KB, 850x506
>>61708353
>>
>>61693993
That's only contrary to /mu/

I think the general consensus of the Western world would be the same.
Thread replies: 239
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.