[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is our taste in music so bad while /lit/ haves great taste
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1451447820177.gif (1 MB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1451447820177.gif
1 MB, 720x720
Why is our taste in music so bad while /lit/ haves great taste in books? What went wrong /mu/?
>>
>>61682280
i think /mu/ has pretty good taste you just have to be in the right threads

there were a couple months out of last year when all i saw was rap music and it put me off but i think that must've been during summer eh
>>
lol I have good taste I listen to Stereolab and Can
lol I'm patrician
lol
>>
>>61682280
>What went wrong
underage youtube and twitter shitposters coming here for the memes
>>
File: 1311005585060.png (129 KB, 312x313) Image search: [Google]
1311005585060.png
129 KB, 312x313
>>61682280
>/lit/ haves great taste in books
>>
we didn't listen to CLT
>>
>>61682298
This
Compared to the average person /mu/ has pretty good taste
>>
>>61682302
lmoa
>>
>>61682280
You honestly don't know how good you have it anon. Some music sites are pissing themselves over Blurryface of all fucking albums.
>>
>>61682280
/mu/ has shitty board culture, that's why. It used to be a haven for hipster, attention whoring tripfags who used to constantly get circle jerked. Those opinions that were established then have become /mu/ core. And that culture has progressed.

If I had to sum up why /mu/ is shit, I can do it in a really simple example. /mu/ hates Tool, who are objectively a very good band. There used to be a chart for prog metal, and Tool wasn't even on that. Yet Queensryche - Operation Mind Crime was. Top. Fucking. Cuck.
>>
The memes took over
I started posting in 2012, and the board has seemed to get less tripfag oriented and more meme and memerap oriented
Which would be ok, but music discussion has declined. Generals are ok, but I don't want /mu/ becoming like /int/, with a third of the catalog being generals and another third being shitposts
We could use more sharethreads
What ultimately is the most saddening to me is the decline of NMH here
>>
>>61682472
memerap kids killed /mu/. there's nothing wrong with a healthy appreciation for hip-hop, but if it's your primary genre you're a pleb.
>>
>>61682302
this lol
>>
>>61682502
Yeah i agree
Also a trend I've noticed is a lot of flavor-of-the-month bandwagoning
It's always been on /mu/, but less threads nowadays are about things not released within the past 3 months
Maybe even 2 months
The attention span has decreased
>>
>>61682502
this
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.