[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>it's day 2 of the post-bowie era How are you all holding up?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 3
File: pep.jpg (16 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
pep.jpg
16 KB, 400x400
>it's day 2 of the post-bowie era

How are you all holding up?
>>
I'm not
>>
>>61681278
I basically forgot everything on my way out the door so pretty scatterbrained.
>>
Listening to Dollar Days, my eyes are watering up. Just listen to it, he really wanted to live so goddamn badly.
>>
I don't think I'll be okay for a while
>>
>Bowie sees what you're doing.
we can say this now
>>
>>61681278
i feel vindicated and am greatly uplifted by the schadenfreude i feel watching people get sad over the death of a man i always hated
never been better
>>
Feels like how people must have felt when Lennon or Cobain died. I've been crying and listening to Blackstar all day.
>>
Seriously, what is wrong with his eye?
>>
Been awake nearly 24 hours, listened to Hours because I thought Blackstar would be too sad, Hours still made me sad. Still doesn't feel real, I think when I listen to Blackstar it will truly sink in.
>>
Not really too sad even though it's still a little sad. I'm still more amazed that everything fell into place like it did and that Bowie died so spectacularly.

>>61681371
Him and a friend got into a fight when they were kids. The friend had a ring I think and punched Bowie in the eye, causing it to be permanently dilated.
>>
>>61681371
He got in a fight when he was a kid, fucked up one of his eyes so the pupil was always dilated
>>
honestly, listening to more of his music than I ever have before. Did David Bowie sacrifice himself to make me into a David Bowie fan? Crazier things have happened
>>
>>61681278
>>61681289
>>61681306
>>61681309
>>61681325
>>61681335
>>61681364
>>61681371
>>61681383
>>61681383
>>61681387
>>61681393
>>61681411

Literally no one on /mu/ liked him before he died

Kill yourselves :^)
>>
i have never experience anything this tragci in m whole life

shine on you crazy tincan
>>
>>61681426
Considering the dude was brought up on a weekly basis minimum and consistently shows up in the top 10's or top 20's of people's favorite albums/artists in chart threads i'd say you're either very stupid or just not very observant.
>>
>>61681426
the fact that you believe this confirms you as a newfriend
'Heroes', Low, Station to Station, and many other of his records are discussed here frequently
>>
>>61681426
So? Is it really surprising that a large amount of people who might not get on /mu/ will come here when a famous musician they may have liked dies? That's like Mark Hamill dying and when you see a bunch of threads about him on /tv/ saying 'Literally nobody on /tv/ talked about Mark Hamill before today on here because he hasn't done shit since Star Wars".
>>
>>61681426
Just because I never had him in rotation doesnt mean I didnt like him.
>>
>>61681426
hello there /v/ tourist
>>
>>61681426
Here are your (you)s:
(you) (you) (you)
Now move along.
>>
>>61681426
in before a million bandwagoners try to tell you they've been listening for years
>>
>>61681504
David Bowie is one of the biggest pop stars of the 70s and 80s and regularly has his songs appear in movies, tv, and games. People literally have been listening to him for years. It's not like Metallica where most people probably haven't heard one of their songs in 5-10 years.
>>
>>61681278
desu the year should reset to 0 in honour of bowie
>>
>>61681371
He got a head injury as a kid, fucked up his eye.
>>
>>61681426
He was literally the first post always on "musician deaths you can't handle" threads, Low is considered atleast sub-/mu/core and you see Bowie frequently on chart threads. Fuck off neo-/mu/
>>
>>61681538
yawn
sure thing buddy
>>
>>61681590
>I deny reality smugly and then act as if I'm somehow clever

inb4 i was just pretending to be retarded
>>
>>61681590
Ok cool thanks for confirming you're a troll. Where are you guys coming from? Is /b/ doing this or something?
>>
>>61681278
Feeling like a piece of shit because I didn't appreciate him while he was alive.
>>
>>61681606
>>61681607
so predictable
>>
I tried so hard to cry but I can't. Obviously his death is a huge loss to us all but I can't help but smile when I think about the expertly-crafted goodbye that he left us with. Instead of seeing it as him dying, I'm seeing it as him going away. It's bittersweet, but I guess I'm coping.
>>
>>61681426
i said i hate him, why are you clumping me in with the bandwagoners
>>
Not good.

I initially took it very well but waking up this morning I started crying.
>>
>>61681619
cringe
>>
>>61681646
it's actually a very intelligent and mature way to feel about it anon
>>
>>61681617
that someone would call you out for retardation? yeah, i bet it is. life must suck for you, being bereft of surprises and all.
>>
>>61681660
you probably think Lorde writes good lyrics too
>>
>>61681278

sad desu...I feel stupid for being sad for someone I don't know...I guess he has enriched my life and am sad he couldn't live another 20 years...and think of all te things he accomplished.
>>
>>61681664
sizzling anon
>>
>>61681619
me too but I didnt try because I'm very unstable emotionally as a result of immaturity
>>
>>61681686
I couldn't tell you, I don't listen to lorde
>>
>>61681692
yeah, go on and lick the wounds buddy, no amount of sarcasm will raise your IQ, i assure you.
>>
There's a rumor floating around in LA about a DVD and some Blackstar demos with a couple cover songs being readied for release later this year. Think it's just a rumor though.
>>
>>61681720
but I imagine it will probably continue to make you throw a tantrum
>>
File: tooheys.jpg (104 KB, 786x960) Image search: [Google]
tooheys.jpg
104 KB, 786x960
Feeling better, hopeful about the future. It was a total shock, but listening to his music has helped a lot. Bowie was always a kind and warm person by all accounts and his life should be celebrated, not mourned. :'3 <3
>>
>>61681411
That kind of happened for me when Michael Jackson died. Bowie hit harder due to all the personal connections and experiences I've had to his music.
>>
I somehow feel like I'm obligated to be a better person now.
>>
>>61681782
Fucking this.
>>
>>61681782
itkf

we need to get our shit together
>>
>>61681278
Fuck all this, I'm tired of his death flooding every god damn music forum on the planet. This makes me miss shitposts.
>>
File: slide_273420_1954438_free.jpg (423 KB, 1177x1000) Image search: [Google]
slide_273420_1954438_free.jpg
423 KB, 1177x1000
>>61681975
>>61681959
>>61681782
Other anons have said this, but I was feeling in a rut before this happened. Blackstar came out and I was really happy, but I was going to slide back into that rut eventually. With his death it really reminded me of my mortality and of how much time I'm wasting. I need to get back to doing creative things again.
>>
>>61682036
38 god damn threads directly about david bowie and even more indirect threads about him
>>
My mom grew up in the era when Bowie was huge, and she's been ruminating a lot on her own mortality today. It makes me feel pretty sad and it's making me realize that she's not going to be around forever, either. She's only eight years younger than he was.
>>
>>61682036
Go and eat shit you cancer.
>>
It fucking sucks.
>>
>>61682115
bowie threads are literally the biggest cancer here right now
>>
>>61682085
It's like the Star Wars of the music world anon. It'll die down soon.
>>
not well bro
>>
Literally hell on earth
>>
>>61682143
Just wait a few days and itll die down you silly cunt
>>
it's so sad, space oddity was the first album i heard from him, and my favourite.
>>
I got my first boyfriend just hours after he died, I've never had more conflicted emotions in my life. It's weird.
>>
>>61682143
He just fucking died. Maybe if you weren't a child with no perception of others' feelings you might understand.
>>
>>61682518
Bowie fans are the ones with no perception of others' feelings, considering how mad they are about dissenting opinions

how retarded do you have to be to take it as a personal insult that not everybody cares about the death of some old rock singer from the 70s
>>
>>61682604
This.
>>
>>61681278
avoided social media today as much as I could and shut myself into my room and avoided everyone because it was easier than seeing reactions and news reports
watched some shitty youtubers, had a laugh but felt bad for laughing
>>
I didn't think a musician's death could hit me this hard. I had tears welling up almost all day. My last class was cancelled today so I went home and slept for a while. Had a dream that my brother in law died and my sister and nephew and niece were alone and had no help. I woke up almost crying because I thought it had actually happened. I feel like the whole situation has really impacted me in ways I never knew it could.
>>
>>61681278
>"He was telling us goodbye, we just didn't know it"
>"He did NOT want to die"

Make it stop
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.