[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would be your honest-to-god reaction if Bowie came back
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 5
File: bowie-43.jpg (118 KB, 1080x810) Image search: [Google]
bowie-43.jpg
118 KB, 1080x810
What would be your honest-to-god reaction if Bowie came back as one of his characters and his death was a publicity stunt?
>>
>>61678643
BRAVO BOWIE
>>
>>61678643
mild surprise
>>
wouldn't even be mad

I think the mainstream media reaction would be furious though
>>
>>61678643
>He disguises as a completely new persona and doesn't reveal himself at all.
>>
>>61678643
infinite keks
>>
>>61678671
This. I'd actually be pretty ecstatic and I'd definitely consider Bowie the boldest and most fascinating performer in the history of popular music if he had the balls to fake his own death.
>>
Relief tinged by anger, but mostly relief.
It's a huge dick move. But man, it's been almost a day and I still don't know how I'm gonna live in a world without Bowie.
>>
He got on a flight to Serbia, and as we speak, is producing the Album of the Century with Tupac.
>>
>>61678684
>New persona starts a band
>People like the band (obviously)
>They tour the world
>Last song of the last show of the tour, they play a cover of "Rock 'n' Roll Suicide"
>At the end of the song the new persona "kills" himself on stage, only to reveal that it was Bowie all along in costume
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 620x460) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 620x460
>IT'S JUST A PRANK, BRO
>>
>>61678748
God damnit, this is so plausible we just know he's gonna be the next fucking Elvis sightings joke.
>>
It would be rad. Anyone who would be pissed is a bitch.
>>
I would probably be extremely fucking angry, but then just laugh it off a few minutes later.
>>
I wish it were true, but if you see the video of him going to the Lazarus premiere, you can tell he's not well. You could practically wrap your hand around his legs, they were so thin.
>>
>>61678643
That would be fucking genius
"The Rise of Ziggy Stardust"
>>
>>61678721
> I still don't know how I'm gonna live in a world without Bowie
Well, youre doing it right now
>>
Clever.
>>
>>61678643
i would be so fcking happy
>>
>>61678643
THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN
>>
File: 1446286299157.png (29 KB, 200x263) Image search: [Google]
1446286299157.png
29 KB, 200x263
It's not going to happen, guys.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/i-saw-david-bowie-collapse-7161501
>>
i might like him some if he did that
be a bitch move though for anybody close to him that didnt know the joke
>>
I'm not saying he did fake it but if he did fake it it would probably look like what happened

>concept album about dying released on his birthday days before his death
>death announced on his official twitter, "confirmed" by his son
>close personal friends respond to his death by talking about how cool the new album is
>tribute show was planned months beforehand and scheduled to be announced exactly the day he died
>>
>>61678643

>70 year old Ziggy Stardust.
No.

>70 year old Goblin King.

M-maybe.
>>
>>61678776

See that's the thing, nobody believes he's really gone, because, like Elvis, he's so much a part of the culture, he isn't *allowed* to die.

And then somebody--Gaga, maybe?--does a hologram of him on stage like they did with Tupac.
>>
He's alive. Was pictured boarding this flight after the news broke. https://flightaware.com/live/flight/ASL381/history/20160111/1320Z/EGLL/LYBE
>>
File: 220px-VelvetGoldminePoster.jpg (22 KB, 220x327) Image search: [Google]
220px-VelvetGoldminePoster.jpg
22 KB, 220x327
Lol this thread is the plot to this movie (based off the lives of david bowie, iggy pop and lou reed)

great film btw would recommend

what did you guys think of it?
>>
>>61678643
He did what Andy Kaufman never did, perfect art. more than happy, more than more than more than happy
>>
My inner troll would love it. I'd probably be a tiny bit pissed because I loved the guy and faking it to this extent is a level of dickery I would have thought he was above. I'd mostly just be happy though because I want David Bowie back.
>>
He didn't fake it guys.
What are we going to talk about Tupac next? Jesus Christ.
>>
>>61678643

I swear it's only Americans who are pushing this ludicrous conspiracy shit. Bowie would've considered this rude and unbecoming.

He would've never agreed to go along with a fake death.
>>
>>61678773
Was Bowie cringe during this time period?
>>
>>61678643
>>61678643
SHOCK
DENIAL <---
BARGAINING
ANGER
ACCEPTANCE

And here we are.
>>
I'd be happy but he'd get so much shit for lying about cancer
>>
>>61678643
well my reaction when he died was "oh". so probably also "oh".
>>
>>61680993
>Tupac
We all now Mozart faked his death, pretty sure he's making a new album with Buddy Holly as we speak.
>>
>>61681026
>Bowie would've considered this rude and unbecoming.
no he probably would've loved that any sense of mystery has arisen over his death. he was a performer and he made his death a part of his performance. he wanted to give us something to talk about one last time with his death which is why he made a video like lazarus.
>>
>>61680764
Assisted suicide senpai
>>
>>61681026
bowie was really into theater, he would love it, when bowie died multiple people died, ziggy, the thin white duke, etc
>>
Lazarus... came back from the dead...
>>
i keep thinking something's going to happen on the 14th since according to the bible, Lazarus was brought back to life four days after he died. why is no one thinking how weird it is that he named about his death after someone who was resurrected? i wonder if someone will "take his place" as he says on blackstar.... that lyric is so mysterious. i hope not though
>>
>>61681778
*named a song about his death
>>
>>61678748
Some metal band already did something similar.
>>
>>61681778
I wouldn't be surprised if we got a another video on the 14th.
>>
>>61681735
The fact he held out until he turned 69 was obvs. part of the joke.
>>
>>61682285
What if it was a pre-recorded personal farewell?
>>
File: 2015-01-14-bowiehair.gif (928 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
2015-01-14-bowiehair.gif
928 KB, 300x300
he has multiple personalities, only one of them died.
>>
He'd be due tomorrow, no?
>>
>>61678739
He make fast rap fuck albania
>>
>>61678643
Yesterday I thought this was totally what the idea was given that song Lazarus. One more day until we see if it's right. Right now I'm pretty down so if he comes back I'll just be incredibly relieved he's ok.
>>
Tin Machine reunion coming
>>
>>61684010
That would destroy my heart.
>>
>>61678643
>as one of his characters
they died decades ago
>>
>>61684032
I'm sure someone sneaked in Ricky Gervais in there
>>
>>61684010
I would cry so fucking hard
>>
>>61680932
>based off the lives of david bowie, iggy pop and lou reed
and Marc Bolan
>>
>>61680896
I don't think gaga would be nearly as popular if it wasn't for the, IMO, bullshit attention aesthetics and visual stunts. Which is a pretty fucking lameass way to get popular as a MUSICian. I liked some stuff, but she really turns me off.

I wish Holo-Pac gave her the Holo-points.
>>
It's not gonna happen
What I DO suspect, is that there will be a new video clip of one of the songs on Lazarus or outtakes of Lazarus released in 2 days, so he figuratively 'comes back from death'
>>
>>61681355
This.

Faking cancer would be definitely too much for mainstream media. The attack would be enormous.
>>
>>61678643
I'd be super happy but its not gonna happen
>>
>>61678643
Comes back from death to sue the shit out of everyone for slander. it would be glorious anon

>>61685157
it would only make the whole thing better
>>
>>61680932
Bowie and Iggy hate that movie actually
>>
>>61684966
I see that too
>>
I'd love to see him come back, but I think Ziggy has returned to his own planet for good.
>>
>>61678739
Fast rap tupac
>>
It would probably make me feel more skeptical about life in general.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.